Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Frees and loans

Its difficult to see our more substantial transfer targets at the moment but of the frees available; lets look at the main one

FREES

Macheda (possibly)

Etherington (too old)

Sidwelll (too much competiton)

Collinson (yes)

Ridgewell (too old)

Aneke (yes though a bit unknown)

and the season long loans

LOANS

Bamford

Thorne

Kane (2 years on seems to have improved)

Gnarby

Buttner

Some of the Liverpool youth Team who have 3 or more prospects?

Any thoughts

Collison - Yes

Macheda - Maybe (Had a great spell at Birmingham)

I say we stay away from loans unless an emergency.

I''d love Gnarby to give us some quality on the wings, especially if Snoddy leaves. But I can''t see him taking the step down, as he was playing regularly for Arsenal for a while last season.

Ridgewell is 29 years old and as good as any centre half we have at the club right now. So really not too old. We should snap him up.

I think we have enough quality, and enough money for that matter, at the club already to avoid the loan market.

I''d love to sign Sidwell, but I suspect he will be back in the Prem.

if martin in a cb option next season we will continue to struggle - ridgewell is a better option there than russ, but otherwise think we can get better

Defence could be an issue again this season.

At the moment we have:

LB: Garrido, Olsson.

CB: R.Bennett, Bassong.

RB: Martin, Whittaker.

Yobo''s loan has ended although wiki states it was in view to a permanent move.

Turner is out of contract and it remains unclear as to whether he is staying or not. I''m surprised that Hughton let his contract run down unless Turner doesn''t want to stay.

Then there is Gafaiti and other youngsters coming through.

So looking at a worse case scenario we could be left with just Martin and R. Bennett. If that is the case, or even if we just lose Bassong, Ridgewell would be a good player to bring in as cover to CB and LB should Olsson be used as a winger in the Championship.

Just been hunting through this: http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist/listedplayers/sortbydate/-1/outofcontract/-1/pro/-1/1/

Other notable freebies:

(GK) Tomasz Kuszczak

(AMF) Joe Cole

(str) David Ngog

Darren Ambrose

Leroy Lita

And just because they should be mentioned:

Adam Drury

Zak Whitbread

Mark Fotheringham (haha)

Luke Daily

Matthew Gill (still looks like Alec Guinness)

Andy Hughes (clapclapclap)

Chicken, how many times does it have to be mentioned on this board that Turner is under contract for a further season?

Only Nash and Fox are those released due to being out of contract.

Koren is not actually a bad shout, think he scored 10 goals or so in Hulls promotion campaign? With Wes almost certainly off, we need a new no. 10, not to mention a few more older experienced heads who have been there and done the Championship and got promoted.

Sorry Chicken but that is a terrible list. Apart from Joe Cole, who we wouldn''t get if we tried, and Kuszczak who would be OK if we lose Ruddy to compete with Bunn and Rudd, you can''t be serious when you suggest Ngog, Ambrose and Lita? They are the type of signings that Doncaster and Barnsley were making last season, old has beens.

Having a proper look at the PL released bargain bin it''s actually pretty slim pickings, they''re either players who will still find a PL club or rich foreign club, too old or some pretty ropey squad players.

Collison and Sidwell would both be good, but a PL club will surely be interested in Sidwell?

I honestly don''t think Koren is a bad shout and ....tin hat on....but Etherington could still do a job especially as Pilks looks like he is off, not saying there isn''t better out there, but he would still be a decent player at Champ level.

Flecky76 wrote: "Chicken, how many times does it have to be mentioned on this board that Turner is under contract for a further season?

Only Nash and Fox are those released due to being out of contract."Please tell me where it is recorded that Turner is under contract for another season? From the official site: "Michael Turner joined Norwich City in July 2012 from Sunderland for an undisclosed fee, putting pen-to-paper on a two-year deal."Wikipedia is virtually word for word the same.All that has been said by the club so far is that Nash and Fox will not be offered new contracts and are being released. Tettey had an option of a further year which has been exercised as has Pilkington. But I have looked everywhere and can''t find anything to suggest that there was an option of a further year or that he has signed a new contract.Grantsmoustache wrote: "Sorry Chicken but that is a terrible list. Apart from Joe Cole, who we

wouldn''t get if we tried, and Kuszczak who would be OK if we lose Ruddy

to compete with Bunn and Rudd, you can''t be serious when you suggest

Ngog, Ambrose and Lita? They are the type of signings that Doncaster and

Barnsley were making last season, old has beens"I don''t disagree, it was more for the sake of completeness. I also agree with you on Kuszczak but would perhaps throw Lita in there as well for similar reasons. At the moment our senior strikers that are contracted to us are Becchio, RVW and Hooper. Would we be surprised to see two of those three go? I wouldn''t. Will Loza and Morris be enough should they step up? Someone like Lita might just give us a little more depth without taking up a transfer fee which could be used to get in a couple of quality additions perhaps?As others say, Joe Cole is unlikely to want to drop a division and knowing Harry and his old - boys act he''ll probably try and get him in. Especially considering he is supposedly after Rio and Lampard as well.

Michael Turner joined City in July 2012 from Sunderland for an undisclosed fee, putting pen-to-paper on a two-year deal.Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/team/player-profile/michael-turner/6#jtR71M0T0zuIUjYB.99
Michael Turner joined City in July 2012 from Sunderland for an undisclosed fee, putting pen-to-paper on a two-year deal.Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/team/player-profile/michael-turner/6#jtR71M0T0zuIUjYB.99

Gnabry would be class! Another name, Chalobah. He impressed me at boro last year and maybe redmond could have a word? I hope we get ameobi from the free lot, he would be just what we need.

[quote user="El Asesino"]Frederico Macheda?

10 goals in 10 starts (18 apps in all) for a very poor Birmingham City side on loan last season, now been released by Man utd.[/quote]

I believe he''s just gone to Cardiff

Macheda might have been a good option, but with Cardiff he''s gone to work for a manager he knows, I don''t think we could have got him.