Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Tettey on BtSport

Yeah, really poor. Like Bradley Johnson. That player that plays for us. That is poor. That''s why I compared them.

Hahaha. Well done aren''t you clever.

Calling one of our most consistent players over the past three seasons poor. And no, not consistently poor.

You must be jealous or something?

In all seriousness though, he''s not as terrible as I was making out, but most consistent? Nah.

Unless you mean consistently giving the ball away.

[quote user="splutcho"]In all seriousness though, he''s not as terrible as I was making out, but most consistent? Nah.

Unless you mean consistently giving the ball away.[/quote]

He''s always been like it. He''s terrible. As bad as Johnson.

Don''t know why people think different

Sooner these two go the better

Average pass accuracy of 74% this season compared to Tettey''s 88%, Howson''s 85%, Fer''s 84%. So I''m not really sure what your problem is with me commenting that his passing is bad?

its not only his woeful passing S, its the lack of mobility he shows compared to tettey as well, along with goals and assists yada yada yada, basically, he''s just not that good

In fact, his passing accuracy was 10th worst in the league for players in his position (that had played more than 10 games)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Sometimes wonder if some people on here actually watch the game...[/quote]Ironically I wondered that about our players whilst watching them last year.Personally I would say Johnson has been relegated back to a standard of football that best suits him though. He looked too good for League One but struggled a bit in the Premier League, quite like the Norwich team as a whole. He''s a good fit for us.

it really is amazing how he got so much game time. I think it was due to the fact that we didn''t sign an attacking midfielder.

GP appears to be blind to the fact that though his passion is unquestionable, technically BJ is woeful. I would love to see his highly astute analysis of Johnson''s excellent, consistent midfield play backed up with statistical evidence- but I highly doubt that''ll be forthcoming.

He''s good though, that Johnson.

Some people are just desperate to be different.

Why do people bang on about Tettey''s passing accuracy?! If you watch him closely how many times in a game does he actually try a pass that is more than 10 yards?? Of course he is going to have a very high passing accuracy because he is in the team to break up the play and pass to one of our more creative players. Johnson has been very consistent since he has joined. Such an underrated player, whilst Tettey is overrated by quite a few of our fans.

I agree with what you say about stats not telling the whole story but what is this utter b0ll0x about Johnson''s consistency? I think he commits far too many fouls, is poor in terms of anticipating the play, is too easy to dribble past, gives the ball away too often.

He is however good in the air, makes interceptions often ...and very committed and determined, which helps when we are closing down against better teams. He doesn''t anticipate the next pass from the opposition very well.

He is also crucially inconsistent, as shown by his very wavering overall match rating (which yes, are based on stats)...but what they do show is that he fails to adhere to what is expected of him in two of every three games (5.8 vs 7.5 out of 10) across our final ten prem games. He''s likeable because of his endeavours...but he just isn''t very good at football.

You contradicted yourself a few times there. You''ve said he''s poor at anticipating the play but yet he makes a lot of interceptions and doesn''t read the oppositions play very well.

Were they stats from our last 10 games... If so you can''t really go on them you would want to have a look at what he has averaged for the past 4 years.

Yes I agree he''s not technically the best player but as you say he is very committed and gives his all. Johnson doesn''t tend to make many costly mistakes unlike Tettey (Chelsea and So''ton) and also at least BJ will try and make something happen.

Also didn''t Tettey come out and say he would be open to a move so it improves his chances for Norway?? Not what you want to hear, sounds a bit like the Clingan situation.

[quote user="splutcho"]Average pass accuracy of 74% this season compared to Tettey''s 88%, Howson''s 85%, Fer''s 84%. So I''m not really sure what your problem is with me commenting that his passing is bad?[/quote]
Are you serious?!?!? Stats prove little in this context. Out of those lot BJ is the only one who tries through balls, which isn''t even his job. He does it because no one else does. Didn''t he set up Snoddys goal against Spurs, the through ball. Hit, nay, smashed the crossbar against Spurs too!!! He scored 3 league goals too I believe. 2 of which earned us 2 points!!! Which one off those sideways passers did more, please tell me?
We need him this season, and his commitment would have been more welcome in some of the other passengers whose passing ''stats'' are a mere 10% ''better''. Some people know nothing about football.

My nephew Jayden lives in one of those flats behind the River End and he needed tooth surgery after being struck by a Bradley Johnson shot.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]GP the amount of times he lost runners for a goal was unreal.[/quote]

Precisely, he has cost us far more goals than tettey but that''s forgivable because he looks like he tries hard

A cm who passes poorly (bottom 10 of league all 3 prem seasons), who has no positional discipline, can''t read a game, loses his runners and who does not tackle (Redmond wins tackles more often!) leaves a poor player. He also stifles howson, not sure why, prob his indiscipline, but howson is half the player when bj with him.

Lack of quality for "effort" is why we got relegated

Spot on Seattle. If all you do is pass sideways then you''re bound to have a high completion rate. Johnson does try and prompt the forward play. Christ half the people on here are quick to point out that our forwards had nothing creative to work with, hence their lack of goals, and then extol the virtues of our crab like midfielders.

Plenty of areas where Johnson''s not the best but plenty of good attributes too. Letting him go would be a big mistake

[quote user="splutcho"]Average pass accuracy of 74% this season compared to Tettey''s 88%, Howson''s 85%, Fer''s 84%. So I''m not really sure what your problem is with me commenting that his passing is bad?[/quote]

All he does is pass five yards in a game so they soon add up

Tettey''s job as I see it is to break up play and then give the ball to the more creative players. his positioning as the holding midfielder is far superior to any other player in this position at the club.

He knows his job and IMO does it better than the rest.

I''d say it''s him knowing his job. Break up the play, give it to somebody more creative. Which is also Johnson''s job, instead he often ends up trying stupid balls that won''t come off and giving away possession.

However you try and spin it, or say that stats don''t matter, a pass success rate of 74% is horrible.