Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Billy Sharp- Free Agent (Surely worth signing?)

A natural goalscorer, has had numerous loan spells over recent years and still managed to score a few. If he found his previous form he can be lethal in this division. On a free transfer I think he is a no brainer myself. 28 years of age also, not like he''s getting old either.

I''d probably give him a go, but I''d rather we signed someone to supply the strikers we have.

If we don''t sell any of Hooper, RVW or Becchio, then I probably wouldn''t bother. Those three should score for fun, and there are a couple of youngsters who can back up in a disaster (or we can use the loan system now we''re back in the championship).

If one of those goes though, Sharp would be a great replacement. Proven record of scoring, probably wouldn''t want huge sums of money and on a free is a bargain.

Bowkett saying Adams had identified scoring goals as a problem and that he had been told there is money there to solve the problem rather suggests that we will be selling one if not more than one striker and buying new . If we sell Hooper it will be a massive mistake as he always scored for fun in the Championship for Scunthorpe .

I agree

I also hope that Adams goes with the same formula that won the FA youth cup....Power and Pace

With a load of pace and power up front you can bully and snatch a lot of games in this division as defenders don''t have the pace that they do in the Prem.

A skilful number 10 with vision would help setup that dynamism though I feel that maybe redmond may be used in that role more this year.

Our number one target has to be a big man up front.

I''d take Sharp as a Wolf replacement if we also got a big man as an Elmander replacement and kept Hooper.

But not as a first choice striker. Hooper is better than Sharp.

Cheap Cheap Canaries wrote the following post at 28/05/2014 12:14 PM:

Bowkett saying Adams had identified scoring goals as a problem

No S###t Sherlock, Bowkett bright spark

Adams & 26,000 fans at Carrow Road had identified scoring goals was the problem - clearly the Board had not

If we start varying our attacking style by using both wings, stop playing predominantly through snodgrass and have a centre midfield that can actually pass our attacking play and goals scored would increase significantly in the champs.

we have three good strikers, adding a simple target man will help, but unless we add some quality to the midfield (or replace our mundane grafters with the quality we already possess) we will continue to struggle to score.

Youth football is completely different to the mens game, if it wasn''t, i''d be outside Carrow Road with a mega phone now demanding the signings of Cherno Samba, Freddy Adu, Nathan Porritt and Serge Makofo! I have increasingly bad feelings about this season and some of the thinking. If we let Hooper, Becchio and RvW go for peanuts and try rely on Loza and Morris, we''ll be massively leaving ourselves open.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]. If we sell Hooper it will be a massive mistake as he always scored for fun in the Championship for Scunthorpe .[/quote]

And they got relegated... He really helped them out a lot... This is so idiotic.

"And they got relegated... He really helped them out a lot... This is so idiotic."

The season after he left they got relegated. You are idiotic.