Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

£3m for Snodgrass?!

We paid about that and now he''s a proven premier league performer on a long term deal (well at least 2 years left). £3m is massively selling ourselves short if that silly rumour in the Ruddy story is true.

quote user="He Scored Against The Scum, He Scored Another 1" Only got 1 year left on his contract, gotta be looking for nearer £5m.quote

Ah frig, he has only got one more year, £3m it is then!

Yeah, but it was mentioned elsewhere. £6m is a pathetic amount for Ruddy who just signed a new long term deal and would stay.

Good player with a big heart.

But our side needs remodelling and I see Adams going for pace with Benno, Murphy and Redmond.

If he stayed fit and had his head right I would like Pilks to stay otherwise we will need a left winger with pace.

That second half against Arsenal showed, I believe, how Adams wants to play it with fast wide men running onto balls put into the box. Remember, Adams was a winger.

Adams also had the dead ball role spread around while Hughton always had Snodgrass taking the kicks.

For all that Snoddy is a good player his loss would rebalance the team and the money we get should buy that missing ball playing midfielder.

Re; Ruddy - how many keepers have left championship clubs for 8-10 million as is being touted by some on here? Very few! Yes he''s got a few years of prem experience under his belt and yes he''s got a few years left on his contract, but he hasn''t been particularly good for the last season and a half really, ever since that injury part way through Hughton''s first season.

6 million - I''d be extremely tempted. 8 million - I''d bite their hands off. 10 million - ridiculous, won''t get anywhere near that.

Snodgrass - with only a year on his contract, probably can''t expect huge sums. For only 3 million, you almost think it might be worth keeping him for a year and letting him go on a free next season. I suppose it depends on how much he wants to leave - if he wants to go, cash in now. If he doesn''t, then try and sign him up or let him go on a free next season if needs be.

Personally, I think we''ll suggest to Snodgrass that he signs up for the promotion push and he can go on a free next season if it doesn''t work out or it does work out and he still wants to.

Exactly Birdie. The only issue is how committed he''ll be during the season if that were to happen. I think Snodgrass would probably give his all even in those circumstances, but if the player and the management don''t think he will then we would be better off selling now.

Aggy, I don''t disagree with what you are saying but we need to have a very good goalkeeper for our push for promotion. How much would it cost us to get a keeper of the same standard as JR and who? Then you have the real cost of somebody like John Ruddy.

Apparently we don''t need to sell and JR doesn''t appear to be pushing for a move so why sell cheap?

Drinks I reckon Declan Rudd could fill Ruddys boots quite nicely, had a good loan spell at PNE.

TGD - well I actually think the cost of a good replacement would be a lot cheaper than the sums mentioned for Ruddy! I said in a previous thread about Ruddy that for 6-8 million, we could bring in another decent keeper AND an outfield player or two. You can quite easily bring in a good championship keeper for 3 million or less.

That''s assuming we don''t go with Bunn and Rudd. I think Bunn would actually be more than good enough for the championship - Rudd I haven''t seen enough of to comment, but from what I hear he may well be as well.

+1

6 million and logicall he will be off a very good player with top class attributes but some flaws which slow down the team.

How often I saw him do the difficult bit running around people etc but imagine you are a forward making that run in and that ball just does not come in ..... still waiting ah now it does and your swamped with defenders.

If Elliot Bennett is good to go then I would assume he is more of a Adams type to break fast and deliver a ball of high quality in there whilst everyone is running in. Also mixing it up a bit and putting the ball in early.

From memory we paid £1.75 / £2.5M

He has 12 mths left on his contract and cannot be allowed to leave on a free in 12 mths

If he wont sign an extension now move him on - but would want nearer to £5M

he seems keen to leave, so take the money and balance the attacking threat of our midfield

What makes you think he is keen to leave ZLF?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]We paid about that and now he''s a proven premier league performer on a long term deal (well at least 2 years left). £3m is massively selling ourselves short if that silly rumour in the Ruddy story is true.[/quote]not so silly that you are not willing to believe it

Initially I didn''t because of the pathetic fee mentioned but it is now apparent that he only has a year left on his deal, so there''s no chance he''ll stay. Celtic can talk to him in January as well.

We must only sell Snodgrass if he rejects a new contract as his current contract expires next summer. Snodgrass is a key player for us. Ruddy is happy to stay, a key player and we mustn''t sell him for any price - if he goes to Arsenal I reckon he would wreck his career

Snodgrass is the most important member of the team to keep. If the board is serious about promotion next season we would keep him and suffer the loss of him walking in a year''s time.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Good player with a big heart. But our side needs remodelling and I see Adams going for pace with Benno, Murphy and Redmond. If he stayed fit and had his head right I would like Pilks to stay otherwise we will need a left winger with pace. That second half against Arsenal showed, I believe, how Adams wants to play it with fast wide men running onto balls put into the box. Remember, Adams was a winger. Adams also had the dead ball role spread around while Hughton always had Snodgrass taking the kicks. For all that Snoddy is a good player his loss would rebalance the team and the money we get should buy that missing ball playing midfielder.[/quote]

[Y]

Honsetly don''t think losing Snodgrass would be the end of the world for us. He''s undoubtedly got talent, no question about that - but his attitude is sometimes not right, in terms of arguing too much with the referee, in terms of selfishness on occasion, in terms of diving and of blaming others for his own errors.

I also think Hughton built the squad far too much around him - I lost count last year of the number of times the ball was passed out to the wing to bring Snodgrass into play, when driving on through the middle would actually have been a better option.

The biggest thing we need - and Adams I think knows this and will build it into the new style of play - is variety in our attacks, so if he wants to go, sell him and bring in a different alternative.