Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Thoughts now things ar settled?

So now the dust has settled from a frustrating season, we have a manager in place and we are starting to see the Championship Norwich emerge, what do people think so far.

Long talks with a few fellow supporters and in general the mood is that Adams was the cheap weak choice by a board who talk about not having to sell players and say we are in a very strong financial position, but will more than likely have bigger incoming transfer fees than they will spend.

On Adams everyone said the same thing, we all really hope this turns out to be inspired and you know you will get passion, youth and commitment, but on the negative, a club of our size and 3 years standing in the premiership should be able to attract one of the bigger proven managers out there and for whatever reason we didn’t. I don’t think there is one City fan who doesn’t want Adams to do a great job.

Regarding the board, we all seem to be split, some of us were saying how they appear to have dithered for far too long last season and then the comments about not having the right candidate in January and appointing Adams was a little surprising. Surely Adams was available in January? That with Bowkett’s comments about looking at the European leagues for a replacement is a general crock of bull to appease the fans, this process took ten days from the end of the season to appoint Adams, for my view, it was possibly a three horse race and two of the managers didn’t like what was on the table and we were left with Adams.

Sometimes it’s best not to leap in with a statement which you might regret later, even though it’s with the best intension and in your own minds right.

As for the players, most of the guys I know agreed that it’s critical to keep the backbone of this squad, but none of us could agree on who that is! Just goes to show that maybe the players are not a good match, I want Fer & Bassong to stay, others disagreed and want them out the door, to keep Turner and Johnson for the Championship as they have experience there! This goes for the entire team, we don’t have too many outstanding players who on reflection we all want to keep bar a few like Ruddy, Olsson & Redmond, the rest were all debated.

One thing for sure, we can’t make too many changes, we need a settled squad with player who want to be here, that I agree with Adams.

For my own view, I don’t think Adams was the right choice, but hope he gets it right as I really like the guy, I hope the board allow him to do his job and bring in who he wants, I also hope that the board start looking for fresh owners, 18 years of this I think is enough, it might be we need a fresh start at the top to push us forward or I think we will be left far behind by teams with big investment behind them, that’s not just in the premiership but down here too.

The players need to honest with the club and if they want out it’s best to get rid, we need a settled balanced squad in a very hard league.

All in all I’m not happy about the situation and the way the board have not really taken any blame, they just go on about mistakes made and to me they may have appointed another mistake in Adams.

Roll on August when our squad is in place and we can start in the championship, it might be another long season, just can''t see us finishing higher that 8th next year.

Wow, Indy. You have in one posting  just done a rehash of at least thirty of the threads that have been on here in the last 3 weeks or so !But, therein lies your problem. This is all stuff that''s been chewed over ad nauseam during that period, so I think we risk going over a lot of old ground.

I know Reggie, but I have kept back from posting knee jerk reaction but looked from a far and time to digest the entire two weeks.

I think my comment regarding players is the biggest challange to City, the fans can''t come up with who the backbone of this team is, poor Adams has to deal with that. I think there were about 6 or 7 players we agreed we would like to keep the rest most of us were not bothered about......Howson, Ruddy, Bennett, Olsson, Hooper, Martin & Redmond from the senior squad the rest we all said we wouldn''t be dissapointed to see go......how is that a good starting place?

As for the board, I think most of my fellow fans who I have spoken too are looking for a change after 18 years, I tend to agree, Delia & Co have been good for this club, but we are starting to look a little deviod of ideas from the top IMO.

Just looking at things after 2 weeks.