Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Did he walk, or was he pushed?

I don''t know, but Ewan Chester, is due to leave at the end of August. He has had two spells as chief scout/ director of football recruitment.

Most of us are hoping that things will change with the new management, after two years that were a little dreary.

Does the departure suggest that a new broom is sweeping clean, if so I hope that NA has got someone in mind, even if transfers will end more or less as Ewan Chester leaves.

Or is Chester leaving because he doesn''t approve of the new structure, or even the new manager?

I must admit that some of the signings recently, including the loans, have not really set the world alight, so I suspect that he is leaving because the club are not entirely satisfied.

Ha, i know, ''personal reasons'' my a**e!

I think it''s one of them typical business things, something like "we don''t want you as you''re doing a rubbish job but you can save face by resigning"

He was pushed.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Ha, i know, ''personal reasons'' my a**e! I think it''s one of them typical business things, something like "we don''t want you as you''re doing a rubbish job but you can save face by resigning" He was pushed.[/quote]

Impossible to know if it was push/jump - Chester made it very clear when he first left Norwich that it was to work with Hughton at Birmingham and said the same thing on his return to Norwich.

Whilst at Birmingham he was pretty unflattering about Norwich so once his friend was gone I imagine he wanted out ASAP - doubt the board were too upset to lose him either.

[quote user="Salopian"]I don''t know, but Ewan Chester, is due to leave at the end of August. He has had two spells as chief scout/ director of football recruitment.

Most of us are hoping that things will change with the new management, after two years that were a little dreary.

Does the departure suggest that a new broom is sweeping clean, if so I hope that NA has got someone in mind, even if transfers will end more or less as Ewan Chester leaves.

Or is Chester leaving because he doesn''t approve of the new structure, or even the new manager?

I must admit that some of the signings recently, including the loans, have not really set the world alight, so I suspect that he is leaving because the club are not entirely satisfied.[/quote]It certainly means half of the four-man technical committee will be new, with Adams as a rookie manager. The choices to fill the vacancies, in terms of quality and experience, might indicate how influential this committee is going to be.

The four man team could consist of

Adams

McNally

Mr Potatoe Head

Mr Blooby

Strong team, first task shipping out Wolf, Pilkington & Bassong

Taxis please

Having thought again about the matter, I realise that Chester has form. He left us before to go to work for Hughton, I believe. It may therefore be that with Hughton''s dismissal he feels he does not want to stop longer, realises.that with transfers coming up it is not a good time to move, so will leave when the summer window closes.

Perhaps that''s it!

With the owners being publicly unhappy with the signings last summer when we spent a record amount, it''s not hard to speculate on why he''s leaving.  If he is staying for the summer and we make a few sensible signings I don''t think we can complaining.