Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Pilkington truth?

Pilkington has been quoted as saying that he wasn''t picked at the end of the season so doesn''t know what his future holds.

He is fit enough to go and play for Ireland and put himself in the shop window.

Today we have his sly dig in a tweet about being a Norwich reserve with a picture of him and Wes.

But on 2nd May we were told that his season was over:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/mobile/sport/norwich_city_midfielder_anthony_pilkington_ruled_out_of_chelsea_game_with_hip_injury_joseph_yobo_still_a_doubt_1_3584135

With the quote: “In terms of the length of the injury we can’t say for the following weekend. He’s had it just over a week, getting on for two weeks now."

Seems to suggest he was only fit for one of Neil Adams'' games in charge. Two weeks prior to 2nd May, and for the rest of the season following that.

So what is the truth here, was he injured or was he not picked by Adams?

Here is Pilkington''s quote:

“I don’t know. I wasn’t really in the manager’s plans towards the end of the season so I’ll have to wait and see.”

So was he injured or was he not? People have a growing mistrust of our club over the Adams situation as it is. Anybody else picked up on this?

I think he has probably expressed an unofficial interest in leaving. He has had links to Liverpool and Swansea at various times in our PL stint. We probably said no and he let it get to him and along with his fitness worries, it turned him into a poor player pretty much overnight.

You''re right about the board though, I don''t trust a word they say.

We were told that he was injured, and it doesn''t sound like he was.

The truth is more like he wants out so wasn''t picked by Adams, who was already building for this season because he already knew he had the job.

That''s more likely the reality.

Pretty sure I saw a quote from Pilkington saying he was fit for selection during Adams'' tenure. He doesnt sound very happy, For whatever reason, Adams did freeze certain players out, the general concencus being that he didnt think they were in the right frame of mind. Adams was complimentary about Wes'' ability, then never used him - might have been he just didnt think they were the right players for those key matches (ie better against the weaker clubs but a bit of a luxury against the better ones - but Pilkington''s record especially defies that argument).

Maybe theyre both more committed than we think, and are merely expressing their frustration at not being able to pitch in towards the end. Interesting we''ve heard very little from Bassong. You''d expect more ripples from having frozen out the Captain. Martin very vocal, but nothing from Bassong. That would seem to suggest something, just not sure what...

I respect the players more when they dont come out on twitter or any other media, keep professional and respect the club......just like Bassong appears to bne doing, yet he continues to get criticism. 

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I respect the players more when they dont come out on twitter or any other media, keep professional and respect the club......just like Bassong appears to bne doing, yet he continues to get criticism. [/quote]

Tend to agree with that Mark. All this constant tweeting and leaked ''comments'' are becoming the bane of modern football.Rightly or wrongly, there is only one person''s view that I''m interested in re football as regards NCFC, and that is Neil Adams''s. In the main this ''info'' we get from the players is either self-serving, inaccurate, or merely toeing the party line that we know already.If Pilkington or Wes etc genuinely want to play for Norwich then they should STFU and get on with fighting for a place in the team. If they don''t, then they should quietly move on with a transfer request or similar.As you say, Bassong appears to be doing it the right way by not washing his dirty linen in public.

In all honesty Pilks performances when he was supposed to be fit this year were pitiful ie Southampton away. He''s looked over weight & unfit. Perhaps his idea of fit & the City managements both Ch & NA differed.

Pilks and Wes have been playing up for a while now and really need shipping out.