Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Dean Cox

Apologies if he has already been mentioned on here. But after watching the play-offs and Leyton Orient failing to get promotion, I would like to see him at Carrow Road. Would be a great replacement for Wes, has a superb shot on him and scores goals

Just said on Vital football (I know just a rumour site) that he is on our radar.

Twitter sources (so reliable!) saying that us, Forrest and Reading are interested. Surely he would choose us over those mid-table teams??

How the mighty have fallen.

So in the space of a year we''ve gone from alderweireld and quagliarella to cox of Leyton Orient.

Gof help us.

A) We have not been ''mighty'' since around 92-93

B) We didn''t sign them players did we

Cox right now, is probably twice the player Wes is, so no matter what league he comes from, at least he will be an upgrade on our squad

I didnt say we did sign them did i. Was saying thats the players we were being linked to and bidding for. And when i said mighty its just a saying.

So we''ve gone from being linked with ''bigger'' to ''smaller'' players - what a shock. And there was me thinking that relegation would have no impact whatsoever.

It is perhaps the fact that we didn''t get lads like this Cox in that has led us to where we are - expensive doesn''t necessarily mean better, and certainly doesn''t guarantee success or effort. I''d happily go for up and coming players over mercenaries any day.

26 years old is hardly up and coming , i wouldnt worry to much about the transfers we will try to build a side to be mid table Championship , there will not be any star signings and we wont be challenging for promotion, that decision was made when we appointed Neil Adams.Our seasonal target from now on will be trying to finish above Ipswich and the way McCarthy is improving them season on season that will not be a given by any means.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]26 years old is hardly up and coming , i wouldnt worry to much about the transfers we will try to build a side to be mid table Championship , there will not be any star signings and we wont be challenging for promotion, that decision was made when we appointed Neil Adams.Our seasonal target from now on will be trying to finish above Ipswich and the way McCarthy is improving them season on season that will not be a given by any means.[/quote]Remind me, how old was Grant Holt when he first played in the Championship? Working up from the Evo-Stik leagues? It''s pretty frivolous to sneer at a player or laud him for where he comes from. It''s what he can to your team that matters. Besides, from what I''ve seen glamorous multi-million pound international signings can be a bit over-rated.

Seen him a couple of times, looked alright to me, but I''d like to see a bit more before I declared whether he''d be a good signing or not.

[quote user="SYG"]A) We have not been ''mighty'' since around 92-93

B) We didn''t sign them players did we

Cox right now, is probably twice the player Wes is, so no matter what league he comes from, at least he will be an upgrade on our squad[/quote]

Give me strength. Twice the player Wes is?! That is one dumb ass statement.

Its amazing how much people know about cox just by watching the play offs. How did his team get on ?

These are the sorts of players the club has had most success with throughout our history, I see nothing bad about these sort of signings if the club has identified them as suitable targets.

Agree, players with something to prove, who want to move onwards and upwards in their career and see us as a good move are exactly the sort of player we should be looking to get onboard for the coming season.

He''ll see moving from Orient to us in the same way as any of our players would see moving from us back to the Prem-a step up for their career and one they''d want to work and do everything they could to see that it would.

Its all very well having a pop at him and thinking he can''t be any good because Orient lost the play off final for L1-by definition we can''t have anyone worth selling either then as we got relegated-at least Cox was playing for a team on the up, we haven''t had that feeling for two seasons now!

And of course, if he was Deano Coxio, he played for Roma and was being linked with an £8 Million move here, people would be all excited and saying what a great signing it was-without having seen him play either.

I live in London and go to Orient quite a bit as my best mate is a season ticket holder there, was at the play off final on Sunday.

My mate see Cox play each week and will be the first to back me up that he is nowhere near as good as people make out.

For a winger he cannot beat a man for pace and puts in a decent cross once or twice a game (al la Snodgrass) in the next level up he wont score as many or create as many.

Not good enough for us. If we are going to go for an Orient player then Moses Odubajo is the one we should go for, pacy very pacy and has had two excellent seasons, he is the one that my mate is most worried will leave and is their best player by a street.