It is unrealistic given the power of players today that we will be able to retain our best players. But ''offering'' Ruddy would represent a somewhat naive bargaining position. I had hoped that Lennon would have had the presence to convince Hooper and Snodgrass to stay but would be less hopeful now. Maybe the board have gone this route for a reason?

Have they actually ''gone this route'' highland? As far as I can see its just unsubstantiated nonsense from the tabloids...

£6 million the rumored fee. Not bad but would hold out for nearer £8 mil. Would be good business. We also have Declan Rudd who will come back and slot straight into the team. He is going to be a top top keeper.

It isn''t unrealistic at all! Especially when players like Ruddy and Redmond have come out to say they have no intention of asking to move.

£6m for Ruddy is an insult anyway. If we accept a bid because we think we have adequate back up in Bunn and Rudd it should be £10m minimum.

Those players who indicate to Adams that they would rather move on would probably be notified to other clubs - that''s the way it works. So I do expect Hooper, Pilks, Hoolahan, Snodgrass, RVW, Fer and Bassong to move on and we are not in such a strong negotiating position for them. I would still expect £20m for those 7 players though.

Aren''t we in danger of reading too much into the word OFFERED in this ? Presumably Arsenal have contacted Norwich and Ruddy''s agent re his availabliity/price. Clearly they have not been rebuffed, so the Mirror people are just using the word ''offered'' to reflect those facts. It''s not as though Mc N is touring the streets of London with Ruddy pimping him out to the highest bidder !I think a lot of people on here need to get used to the fact that several of our better players are indeed going to be courted by Prem clubs . If they want to go elsewhere, there is, frankly , little we can do about it. Where Mc N and Adams are going to be judged is if they get the best possible price for them...AND, perhaps more importantly, how wisely they spend the resultant cash on quality replacements.

Even had we stayed up Ruddy is one player whom I believe would have moved this summer. I would expect 3 or 4 top 10 clubs to be looking at him.

But did he not say last year that he did not want to go to one of those clubs as second choice? Arsenal supposedly want him to "push" Szczesny - he might well feel that if all he''s there for is to keep another good keeper on his toes that''s not a risk worth taking.

I think he will be genuinely happy to stay with us if there are no realistic offers. But if we put a silly price on his head (the Mail claim Cardiff want £15m for Marshall for example) just to prevent a move then I suspect his attitude would harden.

Exactly how high "realistic" stops and "silly" starts is another matter.

Presumably the 6mil is an opening gambit from Arsenal. In the same way 750k was an opening gambit by Villa for Wes in January. The interesting thing will now be how badly Wenger etc want to sign Ruddy. How high they will go ? Villa clearly were not that keen to sign Wes as a higher offer was not forthcoming.I suppose the good thing is that NCFC is no longer in the financial mess that we HAVE to accept low offers merely to stay afloat.

It seems a strange move really, as Arsenal have a first choice keeper and Ruddy is at the peak of his career and too good to rot away on a bench somewhere.

Best move for him would be to someone like Everton to replace the older Tim Howard or Spurs if they lose Lloris. Perhaps Arsenal don''t think Schezney is up to it though?

this is no surprise the rumour last summer arsenal had a bid accepted for ruddy but a injury / or old injury showed up on the scan and the arsenal doctors didn''t like something that was there now I don''t know if like I said it was a old injury or something that was quite fresh and they didn''t want to take a chance on hi at that time so waited BUT iwas told it was near 12 mil last summer like I said maybe a ruour but fro a coach who was there told me ruddy was training got called in told bid accepted did a fitness test and something was seen might have been a very small injury ? but enough for then to not go through with the deal I do believe in my opinion he hasn''t been as good as he was since last summer so maybe something it a good source which I cannot name !

Its going to be a long rumour filled summer if we react like this to every article.

Ruddy is unique in that he deserves to be playing at a top 10 prem club - its all about how much we can get for him. Use Rudd and invest in a striker - cant see how that is a bad plan.

I would be surprised if we successfully hold on to Ruddy Fer, RvW, Snoddy or Olsson

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]IPerhaps Arsenal don''t think Schezney is up to it though?[/quote]If I was a Gooner I know who I''d prefer as first choice between the Emirates sticks .Ruddy or Szeczny ?  I''ll give you a clue, my choice is not Polish.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]this is no surprise the rumour last summer arsenal had a bid accepted for ruddy but a injury / or old injury showed up on the scan and the arsenal doctors didn''t like something that was there now I don''t know if like I said it was a old injury or something that was quite fresh and they didn''t want to take a chance on hi at that time so waited BUT iwas told it was near 12 mil last summer like I said maybe a ruour but fro a coach who was there told me ruddy was training got called in told bid accepted did a fitness test and something was seen might have been a very small injury ? but enough for then to not go through with the deal I do believe in my opinion he hasn''t been as good as he was since last summer so maybe something it a good source which I cannot name ![/quote]If it was true that the club had accepted an offer for him last year, do you really think it would have only got to a small rumour stage and do you think he''d have committed to the club as positively as he has done recently in the press?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"] Use Rudd and invest in a striker - cant see how that is a bad plan. [/quote]Well, maybe ZLF, but it would mean the loss of millions in shirt sales.Just think of all the people who would keep the same replica shirt, and just block out the ''Y'' in Ruddy''s name .Every silver lining, etc.......

if only we sold that many keepers shorts with his name on!! Less than 2% of our sales would be my guess...

It reminds me of Oliver, I could see McNally standing outside The Emirates singing;

Goalie,
Ruddyy for sale.
He''s going cheap.
Only six Million.
That -- or thereabouts.

Goal keeper...
Rather pale...
From lack of sleep.
Feed him gruel dinners.
Stop him getting stout.

If I should say he wasn''t very greedy...
I could not, I''d be telling you a tale.
Goalie,
Ruddy for sale.
Come take a peep.
Have you ever seen as
Nice
Goalie
For sale.

See it more as C.M.O.T McNally (Pratchett fan)

Pushing his heated cart.

"Suasage in a bun, Rat ona stick, Goalie in a jersey. Get em while they are "hot"

Arsenal are being linked with a number of keepers at the moment.David Marshall, Ruddy, Alex McCarthy.I''m tempted to say it is pretty early doors and with Fabianski leaving on a free Arsenal looking for another keeper is pretty easy journo work.As for claims about Szczesny being the dead cert number one keeper, he has made gaffs in the past and been dropped. Fabianski was preferred at times last season due to drop in form etc.I also think Wenger is one of the braver managers in the premier league. Not many would have seen dropping Vermaelen coming, at the very least, not bringing him back into the side.If you were to look at the top three to five teams, I would say that Arsenal and Liverpool are probably the two best shots Ruddy would have of going to a top club and be in with a decent chance of becoming their first choice ''keeper.

that sounds more like last season for szczesny, he played 37 of the prem games last season and all the champs leagues games except when suspended so was first choice.

Whether ruddy is happy to not play regularly (whether at arsenal or elsewhere - which wont help his england career) is probably the main thing for us

If Ruddy goes to Arsenal he will be 2nd choice, and so won''t be playing regularly. As a result of this he will ruin his career

I doubt very much that it would be as straight forward as people are saying.

Wenger is much braver and more astute than that. If Ruddy goes to Arsenal it will be to challenge for the starting line up, and should he do well Wenger will have no qualms in picking him.

It really is that simple. It''s not like Chelsea where they have two outstanding world class goalkeepers etc.

Arsenal have a decent goalkeeper but if he was good enough they wouldn''t be interested in the likes of Ruddy or Marshall who are at the point in their careers where they will want more than a few games in a cup run.

Compared to other players the transfer of keepers is a completely different scenario.

Ruddy could have gone last summer , to Chelsea I seem to remember but would have effectively been 3rd choice as the 2nd choice was too good to be sitting on the bench.

I would suggest Ruddy is only likely to go to a top 8 club where he has an imminent chance of being NO1 (unless the club actively wanted to sell him for the cash) otherwise he might as well stay with us. Doesn''t need the cash and happy in Norwich.

Alternatively a top 8 club could buy him and loan him back to us until needed, something like stoke did with Butland I seem to remember.

No chance of Ruddy going to Arsenal. Just look at the kind of ''keepers Wenger has used for the past 5 or so years - he prefers smaller keepers that can come off the line quickly, even coming out of the box to act like a sweeper (which allows Arsenal to keep a high line).

Ruddy has many qualities, but I can''t ever remember him charging outside of the box to collect a ball, or ever being particulary comfortable with the ball at his feet. Also, his distribution is great, it isn''t awful, but certainly not of the quality Wenger generally likes to have in his ''keepers. If Wenger wants an English player (which he doesn''t really need as Arsenal already have a decent amount of homegrown players) then he''s more likely to go for Butland or McCarthy as they suit the Arsenal style much better.

The loss of Snodgrass would make my day as long as we covered what he cost. Our midfield let us down seriously in terms of chances created for any of the strikers and as he had the ball more than any other player on the pitch Snodgrass was a major culprit. We attacked much more fluidly against Man City at home without him.

Can''t fault his 100% effort but hope him and Wes are gone and we have invested in a quality attacking midfielder who can play anywhere across the middle who can pass and shoot before next season. Then we may even have a team.