Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Interest from abroad?

Well i wouldn''t waste too much of your life thinking about it. Maybe we will maybe we wont, if it happens then maybe it can be a talking point.

It''s always possible,but I doubt that we have many players who could attract international interest.

Possibly Olsson, Fer, RvW? For the rest I doubt if they have any international reputation.

We need to off load Bassong & Wolf asap, interest from anywhere would be welcome

I was thinking more the domestic nationality ones, I see Torres has said it''d be good if more English players considered going abroad. What about the likes of Ruddy, Redmond, Snoddy and co? I suppose it didn''t work out great for Jackson (yes he''s Canadian but he played english football his entire career until last season)

I think overall, not many English players play abroad because of the very different footballing styles they play compared to here, and they simply cannot adapt. Foreign players who come here seem to be fine though because in my view, the English footballing leagues are just not as good as leagues such as La Liga and Serie A, and are therefore playing at a less technical level. A few exceptions to the rule of course. Even players like Jackson, who were brought up on the bread and butter of English football fall into this catagory. His stint at Eintracht was not a success and subsequently ended up back here, at Millwall. Poor sod.

Splutcho, I wouldnt say he "isnt very good". He done a job for us here, not prolific, I grant you that, but surely at the very least, I would go with average.

In the grand scheme of world football I mean. For us he was decent enough in the Championship, not good enough for the Premier League and in turn, wasn''t good enough for the Bundesliga. I think English players (or those used to playing in England) can find success abroad, it just needs enough of them to step out of their comfort zone. But then while they can pick up a fatter payslip here, it won''t happen.

I see RVW and Fer getting interest from Holland and Portugal. Bassong could end up abroad also. I really don''t see someone like Snoddy moving to Europe.