Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Which average team is going to over-perform?

Every year in the Championship it seems at least one average club performs better than it appears their squad would merit. Look at Burnley this year, Palace last year, us when we went up, so which team will launch a surprise promotion challenge next year? My bet is on Middlesboro''. Solid squad, including a few ex-NCFC players, and I think Karanka will turn out to be a good manager.

Wolves.....as much as it pains, but momentum is a big thing.

[quote user="The Hat"]Norwich[/quote]

We cant over perform because we are the favourites, below top 2 is under performing for NCFC and Fulham

I am going to go for Bolton under Freedman to actually perform consistent this year. Think the managers rebuilding will start to produce this season.

All good shouts (Norwich aside). I think we can take it as a warning that all the teams mentioned so far have been relegated relatively recently from the Prem, and we now consider them to be average Championship sides on paper. It brings it home how important this season is, so we don''t stagnate.

That''s what I love about this league. Any team can just come from nowhere and have an excellent season challenging in the top 6. Likewise some of the "bigger" clubs can have troubles near the bottom, like Birmingham, Sheff Wed and Charlton.

In answer to your question I have a feeling it''ll be Nottingham Forest.

I think we''ll be a bit like Blackburn on our return next season. Hate to be negative, but can see a disappointing bottom half finish, like the one Rovers achieved when they went down.

A goal scorer like Rhodes doesn''t guarantee promotion, so even if we keep Hooper, we need to build a good team around him. I know this is an obvious thing to say.

My prediction next season is 12th/13th place. We will keep getting quite close to the play-off''s (like we did under Roeder that season) but in the end, we will end up someway off. Adams will keep his job because we keep getting close to playoff''s (like Hughton kept his job when we were 3 points of mid-table but in reality we were a million miles away).

I think we''re in the Championship for a good few years to come.