Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Waiting for No10

So 2 seasons on and we never did buy the player we needed to make 4-5-1 a realistic option.

At no point since the arrival and departure of Hughton have Norwich City looked like a team.

I don''t care what anyone says Fer , Wes , Snodgrass , Bennett or Redmond are not that player.

We need a player that can play anywhere across midfield who can pass and has an eye for goal, joining the attack and getting into the box at every opportunity.

Shift Fer , Bassong , Snodgrass and any others that don''t want to be here and with this one decent acquisition and a manager with the will to get forward we could be transformed. He could play wide when we chose to go 4-4-2 and slot in behind a striker for 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.

But who is he ?

Kagawa looks like he''ll be warming the bench next season - perhaps we could interest him? Probably not if Napoli can''t. If not, then Ozil, obviously.

Leroy Fer to Everton for 7m is the rumour. Could we get Osman as part of the deal? Would be great for us for a couple of seasons

Aside from facetious answers people are thinking wrong end of the scale here. Even if we sell the players the OP mentions, and have a wodge of cash to spend, who are we realistically going to attract? Our best bet might be to look at someone already in the Championship, or from upper end of League One- I believe Dean Cox of Leyton Orient was mentioned the other day. Regardless, it is an area we have been lacking in, over the past two seasons, and obviously the OP does not feel that any internal candidates fulfil that role well enough. For what its worth, as I said on another thread, I think Bennett could be useful in that position but whether he is played there, we will have to wait and see.

Furthermore re: the ideas that a) you need a ''no 10'' to play a 4-5-1b) that a 4-5-1 necessarily contains a ''no 10'' or c) that it is a basic notation of space, not the way in which players were requested to operate within that space which dictated our failure.

Take your pick as to which one is more hilarious, as they''re all pretty funny.

It really depends how flexible the midfielders are in terms of approach and indeed if you have a target man but you could have played any configuration of the team that Hughts build and it would have been a disjointed mess.