where do we start

does not give 100% for the team

does not tackle back

only a penalty box player

lightweight

flits in & out of games

does it remind u of any one   WOLF & HOOPER

why would we want another forward who cannot play on his own   -  get real

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I agree with that. We will need at least two strikers - to replace RvW and, unfortunately I suspect, Hooper.[/quote]

It will only be unfortunate if we can''t ship Hooper out

[quote user="Newton"]no better than billie sharp who available on a free[/quote]

Apart from billy sharp not being a proven goal scorer, that statement is correct

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Highland Canary"]I agree with that. We will need at least two strikers - to replace RvW and, unfortunately I suspect, Hooper.[/quote]

It will only be unfortunate if we can''t ship Hooper out[/quote]

This.

I expect Hooper to score a shed load next season with the decent service he will be getting, lets hope its for us.

[quote user="Newton"]no better than billie sharp who available on a free[/quote]Le Fondre scored 15 goals last season!

Lucky Cardiff got in there first really. Come on guys, we can do better. We HAVE better.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]whats the reason to get hooper out again?[/quote]

He doesn''t move, he can''t pass, he doesn''t have any work ethic, he can''t finish, would you like me to keep going? He''s 5 levels over his head and I''m being generous....

[quote user="Highland Canary"]i''m sure Hooper will score goals in the Championship playing off a target man and not second fiddle to RvW,[/quote]

He started 22 games, RvW started 14. He wasn''t 2nd fiddle to him.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="mrs miggins"]whats the reason to get hooper out again?[/quote]

He doesn''t move, he can''t pass, he doesn''t have any work ethic, he can''t finish, would you like me to keep going? He''s 5 levels over his head and I''m being generous....[/quote]

You are a tool who constantly shows you know very little about football!

With a decent management team both Hooper and RVW will score goals. Especially in the championship!

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="mrs miggins"]whats the reason to get hooper out again?[/quote]

He doesn''t move, he can''t pass, he doesn''t have any work ethic, he can''t finish, would you like me to keep going? He''s 5 levels over his head and I''m being generous....[/quote]

Add to that the lack of physical presence and pace and what you are left with is a very average Champs striker who we paid three times his value just because he could score in Scotland. Even his supporters say he needs a big man to do all the work he can''t.

If we can''t get rid he will hold the whole team back next season.

[quote user="jaemae2"]He doesn''t move, he can''t pass, he doesn''t have any work ethic, he can''t finish, would you like me to keep going? He''s 5 levels over his head and I''m being generous....[/quote]Despite that he scored 19 Championship goals for Scunthorpe in 2009-10; the third highest tally that season. How do you suppose he managed that with all the limitations you describe?

Scunthorpe = 43 goals in 80 games

Celtic= 63 goals in 95 games

he has a great record. I know celtic play v league one standard, but to score that many goals, you have to be a bit special.

hooper is a frustrating enigma

He clearly has a goal scoring knack

but as others have already said his presence, link up play and work ethic were very poor, and got worse when we needed him to step up to the plate. Yes he scored, wow, 6 goals, haldf of which we pens, tap ins or deflections. But 6 goals do not make him our best striker. His attitude and play made him as big a disappointment as RvW. At least RvW gave a sh!t.

Hooper was no second fiddle player, only not playing in 6 games last season, starting 22, more than any other striker, and appearing as a sub 10 times. Most tellingly though he was dropped 7 times after starting.

However that was in the prem, which I think IS a level above his ability. Back in the champs he should be back at a level where he can perform, and with the right creative support he can easily secure 20 goals we need from him. That is why we should aim to keep him.

(Repeat for Becchio & RvW)

Becchio also has a decent track record in the Championship. He scored 19 league goals in 2010-11, and 15 by his January move to us in 2012-13. I acknowledge that he only hit a mere 11 in 2011-12 but I have not bothered to investigate whether there were any mitigating circumstances (lengthy injury or something).I know Wolfswinkel is unproven at this exact level (one could debate all day about whether the Portuguese league he played in is comparable) but we already have two players with proven records of scoring goals in the Championship on our books. We will want to add to it I''m sure, but it''s a ecent start.

I think to start in our team last season and score 8 goals is not too bad considering how poor we were this season, he scored some good goals as well so perhaps give him a little more credit i think

Agreed Mrs M.

We can argue about whether he was second fiddle or not but, in my opinion, there must have been at least a perception of this in Hooper''s mind. He only ever seemed to get a game because RvW had simply been woeful! Remember the ''feed the wolf'' campaign?

[quote user="Chip20"]Becchio also has a decent track record in the Championship. He scored 19 league goals in 2010-11, and 15 by his January move to us in 2012-13. I acknowledge that he only hit a mere 11 in 2011-12 but I have not bothered to investigate whether there were any mitigating circumstances (lengthy injury or something).I know Wolfswinkel is unproven at this exact level (one could debate all day about whether the Portuguese league he played in is comparable) but we already have two players with proven records of scoring goals in the Championship on our books. We will want to add to it I''m sure, but it''s a ecent start.[/quote]

So, Becchio''s record is every bit as good as Hooper-the question remains do we need either/one/or both when the team has to be set up to suit them because of what they lack rather than what they have.

[quote user="BigFish"]So, Becchio''s record is every bit as good as Hooper-the question remains do we need either/one/or both when the team has to be set up to suit them because of what they lack rather than what they have.[/quote]I kind-of see what you are saying...I think. Scunthorpe finished in 20th place (just four points off the last relegation spot) the season Hooper was so prolific for them, so I guess you are saying compromises had to be made to suit Hooper''s somewhat limited abilities and these ultimately detracted from other areas of the team...such as the defence? Whereas if they had instead a striker with ''pace'' a ''physical presence'' and ''work ethic'' who could also ''move'' ''pass'' and ''finish'' in addition to scoring 19 goals over the course of the season they may well have finished well up the table. Is that right?Similarly, Leeds failed to get promoted from the Championship despite Becchio''s goal haul over three seasons because the rest of the team was too busy accommodating his deficiencies in other areas.So what we are looking for is to ship these two dead weights out (because all they bring to the table is shed loads of goals and nothing else) and bring in at least two alternatives with a similar proven track record of scoring for fun in the Championship along with all of the additional qualities you and jaemae2  outlined, who haven''t already been snapped up by a Premiership outfit or promotion-chasing Championship club (for some reason; despite their blatant credentials) and who aspire to play for a club like ours in a bid to get their faltering careers (and, perhaps, international ambitions) back on track.With all that in mind it seems to me we should be concentrating on teams promoted over the past two or three seasons who have perhaps now moved beyond the capabilities of the strikers that got them there. Look for players that scored enough goals to get their teams promoted and scored more than six in their first season in the Premier League, but don''t quite have that extra something to kick on from there. Of course, we may well be competing with Premiership newcomers for their services, because they will also be looking for players with a year or two''s pedigree of Premiership survival (and guaranteed 7+ goals per season) to their names, so we want somebody who values the challenge over the money.Do you know what? I can''t be bothered to narrow down the vast array of potential candidates that match those criteria right now. I''m hoping Neil has it in hand. I''ll only give him the benefit of my counsel when he asks me for it.

hooper will be the top scorer in the champs next season by a long way. best striker in that division if we can keep hold of him, all depends on where lennon ends up.

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="BigFish"]So, Becchio''s record is every bit as good as Hooper-the question remains do we need either/one/or both when the team has to be set up to suit them because of what they lack rather than what they have.[/quote]I kind-of see what you are saying...I think. Scunthorpe finished in 20th place (just four points off the last relegation spot) the season Hooper was so prolific for them, so I guess you are saying compromises had to be made to suit Hooper''s somewhat limited abilities and these ultimately detracted from other areas of the team...such as the defence? Whereas if they had instead a striker with ''pace'' a ''physical presence'' and ''work ethic'' who could also ''move'' ''pass'' and ''finish'' in addition to scoring 19 goals over the course of the season they may well have finished well up the table. Is that right?Similarly, Leeds failed to get promoted from the Championship despite Becchio''s goal haul over three seasons because the rest of the team was too busy accommodating his deficiencies in other areas.So what we are looking for is to ship these two dead weights out (because all they bring to the table is shed loads of goals and nothing else) and bring in at least two alternatives with a similar proven track record of scoring for fun in the Championship along with all of the additional qualities you and jaemae2  outlined, who haven''t already been snapped up by a Premiership outfit or promotion-chasing Championship club (for some reason; despite their blatant credentials) and who aspire to play for a club like ours in a bid to get their faltering careers (and, perhaps, international ambitions) back on track.With all that in mind it seems to me we should be concentrating on teams promoted over the past two or three seasons who have perhaps now moved beyond the capabilities of the strikers that got them there. Look for players that scored enough goals to get their teams promoted and scored more than six in their first season in the Premier League, but don''t quite have that extra something to kick on from there. Of course, we may well be competing with Premiership newcomers for their services, because they will also be looking for players with a year or two''s pedigree of Premiership survival (and guaranteed 7+ goals per season) to their names, so we want somebody who values the challenge over the money.Do you know what? I can''t be bothered to narrow down the vast array of potential candidates that match those criteria right now. I''m hoping Neil has it in hand. I''ll only give him the benefit of my counsel when he asks me for it.[/quote]

Chris Martin would have been a start......