Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Who has been our greatest ever 'hard man'?

Mr Robert Chase. Had the hide of a rhino, got the club 9 consecutive seasons in the top flight, bounced supporters around like bowling pins but no other club bounced Norwich City around. A proper hard man on the Board unlike the current lot. A figure to be reckoned with on the national football stage.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Mr Robert Chase bounced supporters around like bowling pins[/quote].....and bounced our best players out of the club...along with the money. [:S]

[quote user="Big Vince"]Mr Robert Chase. Had the hide of a rhino, got the club 9 consecutive seasons in the top flight, bounced supporters around like bowling pins but no other club bounced Norwich City around. A proper hard man on the Board unlike the current lot. A figure to be reckoned with on the national football stage.[/quote]

An interesting take. Makes me want to start a new thread; ''Robert Chase - Evil villain or just misunderstood?''

That ''pass'' at 2 min 36, was it really or a really poor shot? If that''s a pass - man he had some skills!

Until Trevor Hockey played for us, must have been big Dunc:  6 foot 2, eyes of blue, Duncan Forbes is after you !

Then Trevor Hockey - saw him on his debut at Carrow Road, and he managed to chop the legs out from one of the opposition - before he ever touched the ball for City !

He did a fantastic job for us keeping us in the top flight ( along with Suggett and Mellor ), and then moved on. Happy days !

Trevor Hockey well before my time... only played about a dozen games for us but seems a hero to many who saw him play...we''ve never had a "proper" hard man for years I dont think... Mike Milligan used to like a tackle.. Peter Grant was a naughty boy too!

Carl Bradshaw always use to launch into the left winger within the first 30 seconds of a match to Mark his territory I remember.

thnx for posting lappinitup, the memories came flooding back......a good finish by the excellent David Cross, just the type of front man we need for the new season.   Yep, Hockey gets the prize....BUT, only just from Big Dunc!

Hockey undoubtably, I''d like to give special mention to Mark Halsey, nicknamed ''Tank'', managed to get sent off on his debut, like most of these guys was an absolute gent when not playing.

Kevin Keelan was no slouch. Never forget when he laid out that Northampton forward ( was it Tommy Best?) with one punch and walked straight off to the dressing room.

As well as being one of my favourite players, Jon Newsome looked like he could have a go.