Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Chester Culled

Is he responsible for the poor transfers in last summer that were mainly responsible for our relegation, someone else has to take the blame besides Hoots

Good ridance I say

BYE BYE BYE

Money for old rope that postion, you could pick anyone from a sunday league football team, they could do the same job as him!!! What did he actually do that was any good!!!

Not surprised in the slightest really - did he not go under Lambert previously as well?

Anyone who had anything ti do with the wolf including the person who lent him a pen to sign the contract needs to go

The most expensive & worse signing in our history

the signings we made were good enough, the main problem was how they were used.

not a surprise he is leaving but a decent replacement is needed.

ZippersLeftFoot wrote the following post at 28/05/2014 3:47 PM:

You need to get to home games and pay spec savers a visit,  HOW CAN U SAY THE SIGNINGS WERE GOOD

[quote user="Newton"]

You need to get to home games and pay spec savers a visit,  HOW CAN U SAY THE SIGNINGS WERE GOOD

[/quote]

Because they were good signings, used badly, like Zipper said.

[quote user="Newton"]

Anyone who had anything ti do with the wolf including the person who lent him a pen to sign the contract needs to go

The most expensive & worse signing in our history

[/quote]Do you not think he could do a job in the Championship though? He scored plenty in two seasons at Sporting. Is the top Portuguese league really that much worse than the Championship?

[quote user="cat farm"]good the bloke is a fool.[/quote]

so is the op of this thread, if he was culled why is he here till summer, fek off back to poorman road

I''ve got to admit, he had success at rangers, the moved to us briefly, Fulham, and Birmingham, and back to us. Every team he''s been involved with has been relegated. Coincidence?

In reply to all the RVW haters, do any of you realise that the reason we went down was because Hughton decided to set up ultra defensively... We created such limited chances for the strikers, hence the awful scoring record of every striker that was played up top under Hughton. Holt''s goals last season in hindsight were a miracle and he saw that himself and jumped ship(don''t blame him). RVW isn''t a bad striker at all,neither is Hooper. The problem I would agree is that we can''t play both of them together so, unless they are happy to rotate then maybe one would favour a move elsewhere. But to say that RVW and Hooper are no good isn''t a fair opinion imo considering they were ripped apart and ruined completely through zero service, and so when something somehow did come to them their confidence was completely dead.

Given that we will have a complete change of philosophy under Adams (attacking), I think that both RVW, Hooper and also Becchio for that matter will be able to score goals for fun.

End of rant.

Hughton signed six strikers in his time with Norwich. They scored eight goals under him between them.

They had all previously been goalscorers.

Did they all lose form?

Did they all become poor players overnight?

Or was there some other common factor that could explain their lack of goals?

If Chester was behind last season''s acquisitions it is no surprise we have parted company. Disagree with Zipper that RvW will score in the Championship however. He lacks both technique and physique for that league. Best for all that he tries to resurrect his career abroad.

[quote user="Newton"]

[/quote]So they were all rubbish. Yes Redmond, complete waste of space. Olsson-yep awful. Hooper, and it goes on. I think not

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]the signings we made were good enough, the main problem was how they were used. [/quote]

Hmm. I think Redmond, Olsson and Fer were alright. Though obviously Redmond was well known to Hughton and Olsson has a lot of experience playing in England.

The strikers weren''t so clever. Regardless of the quality of service there''s very little about RVW and Hooper to suggest they can successfully play upfront on their own in the Premier League. There''s been even less to suggest they can play together.

Even if you do believe they''ve got the ability to succeed if we were to play in a certain way the problem is that we don''t play that way - making those 2 signings a disaster. A very expensive disaster.

Hi Samwam

I still claim the summer signings did not enhance the squad and clearly McNally agrees with me because he said exactly the same thing in one of his recent pres conferences

To answer yours question

Wolf - terrible costly mistake, my dog has better close ball control than him - Flop

Hooper - return of 5/6 goals not too bad but why did we buy a striker who needs to play off a front man and rearly only plays in the penalty box. Then play him on his own ? - Flop

Fer - untried in Prem, struggled alot in some games - Jury out inconsistent

Redmond - very inconsistent even he tweeted sorry to people in row x of the upper barclay as one of his shots ended up there. Lots of promise, did not rearly come off last season, one for the future - Jury out inconsistent

Olsson - one shining light - Success

Signed 5, 4 did not add to the overall quality of the team - why do u think Hoots & Chester had the boot and we are bringing a Tech D in - to increase the wages bill & reduce the unemployment list ?

As I said fed up of reading informed comments from people who never go to Carrow Road & only watch games on flakey internet connections - at least that wont happen next season, they will just have Adrian Forbes biast comments to go on from Radio Norfolk

I would imagine Chester will still have a big input into any summer signings where I would think most of the ground work has already been done.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Hughton signed six strikers in his time with Norwich. They scored eight goals under him between them.

They had all previously been goalscorers.

Did they all lose form?

Did they all become poor players overnight?

Or was there some other common factor that could explain their lack of goals?[/quote]

Good point. And the most puzzling with it is that Hughton, if insisting on playing his dour defensive stuff, need a quick, and muscular forward who can do something on his own. Instead he bought 2 relatively weak forwards who clearly are not going to make goals for themselves. Clear example of buying players that did not fit into the system.

As chief scout Chester spent more time freeloading watching upcoming opponents this season.

Seems like he was c rap at that too