Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Pilkongton Tweet..

Just tweeted a picture of him and Wes with two scummers.

Captioned with - @Pilkington_11: Here we go Ireland golf day! Norwich Reserves v Ipswich! ⛳️🏆 http://t.co/wPQ6zGJg61

Snidy dig from Pilks, sincerely hope both players depart.. the last thing we need is rotten apples in the pack.

One year left on his deal, we should cash in and let him be a reserve elsewhere. Good player but it''s too little and not often enough. Under Lambert he was class but injuries have killed his momentum.

I can understand his frustration at not being picked if he was fit, would''ve been more use up top than the donkey''s we had anyways

Shows he still gives a toss anyway.

I wouldn''t read too much into that - I''m sure Pilks posted it knowing us City supporters would see the funny side of it and probably agree, I thought he has a dry sort of sense of humour anyway which would be very much in fitting with his comment. As I say, don''t read too much into it, he''s having a bit of fun rather than a serious dig at the club. Wouldn''t be surprised if he stays actually.

Surely he will be a grata player to have in the championship?

[quote user="Alex "]I wouldn''t read too much into that - I''m sure Pilks posted it knowing us City supporters would see the funny side of it and probably agree, I thought he has a dry sort of sense of humour anyway which would be very much in fitting with his comment. As I say, don''t read too much into it, he''s having a bit of fun rather than a serious dig at the club. Wouldn''t be surprised if he stays actually.[/quote][y]

I like Pilks.. decent player and always looks like he can make something happen.had a horrible time with injuries and I think they have probably done for him so far as his time with us is concerned... I don’t think we ever saw a 100% fit Pilks and that’s a shame.. our best player by a country mile! if the club stick with him and he can get back to shape then I think he''ll set the world on fire next season..cant see it though i''m afraid.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I like Pilks.. decent player and always looks like he can make something happen.

had a horrible time with injuries and I think they have probably done for him so far as his time with us is concerned...

I don’t think we ever saw a 100% fit Pilks and that’s a shame.. our best player by a country mile! if the club stick with him and he can get back to shape then I think he''ll set the world on fire next season..

cant see it though i''m afraid.
[/quote]

Some serious idiots support our great club . And now they are after Pilks.

Agree with Jas entirely, Pilks is a decent player and IF he could stay free from injury would be plenty good enough for the championship.

One of the most genuinely two-footed players we have ever had. Ask yourself, which foot does he prefer?

Bit of joke with a couple of Binners over a game of golf and "fans" launch into him. Breaks your heart.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I like Pilks.. decent player and always looks like he can make something happen.had a horrible time with injuries and I think they have probably done for him so far as his time with us is concerned... I don’t think we ever saw a 100% fit Pilks and that’s a shame.. our best player by a country mile! if the club stick with him and he can get back to shape then I think he''ll set the world on fire next season..cant see it though i''m afraid.[/quote]

Agree with Jas entirely, Pilks is a decent player and IF he could stay free from injury would be plenty good enough for the championship.

One of the most genuinely two-footed players we have ever had. Ask yourself, which foot does he prefer?

Bit of joke with a couple of Binners over a game of golf and "fans" launch into him. Breaks your heart.

[/quote]On the upside, most of the replies to his tweet seemed quite entertained, plus they did win, so I''m marking it down as a good omen for next season. [:)]

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I like Pilks.. decent player and always looks like he can make something happen.

had a horrible time with injuries and I think they have probably done for him so far as his time with us is concerned...

I don’t think we ever saw a 100% fit Pilks and that’s a shame.. our best player by a country mile! if the club stick with him and he can get back to shape then I think he''ll set the world on fire next season..

cant see it though i''m afraid.
[/quote]

[/quote]

On the upside, most of the replies to his tweet seemed quite entertained, plus they did win, so I''m marking it down as a good omen for next season. [:)]
[/quote]

good news LYB! Hope you are right [:)]

The more players we can keep from the current squad the better, and that includes the likes of Pilks and Wes, even Bassong. What we don''t want is half a dozen (key) players leaving, even for decent fees, as we''ll start the season on the back foot and playing catch up thereafter. I''m also concerned with Adams'' lack of experience in the transfer market, so having to replace say a third of the squad will be a challenge. A fit and flying Pilks is more of a goal threat than Redmond in my opinion. Competition for places is also key.

How can you say that when he has hardly ever been fit enough for any length of time Martin Ollson whether at left back or wide left is twice the player and has great delivery unlike Lillington League 1 player IMO

Exactly as I thought, he confirms he''s just having a bit of banter, yet in a tweet you''d think he''d get maximum support from City fans (v the scum), it''s clear he''s getting some abuse.... Wtf!. Always makes me laugh how judgemental people are of players, when they don''t even know them!. Steve Morison was a classic, when you hear from people that actually knew him they''ll tell you he was a complete and utter gent - yet if I was foolish enough to have believed everything I read on here then I could be forgiven for thinking he''s Fred West''s mentor or something.

What we do know with Pilks is that he''s using the ROI games to show what he can do. Now, you can look at that anyway you like, but for the pessimists - there''s every chance he''s wanting to show Neil Adams what he can do and is angling for an extension to his contract. We just don''t know, and therefore I think it''s very dangerous to slate one of our best players without knowing the facts. I for one just see Pilks as having had a very difficult and frustrating injury ravaged season, and that reflects in his apparent mood - I can totally understand that, and no City supporter should take his frustration personally towards our club - if anything they should be PLEASED he''s frustrated, shows he cares and is eager to get a run of games to get himself up to speed again. We shall see what happens with Anthony, but I do hope the morons who like to be a voice for all of us don''t force his hand - if fit, I guarantee you he will be a MASSIVE player for us next season.

[quote user="Alex "]We shall see what happens with Anthony, but I do hope the morons who like to be a voice for all of us don''t force his hand - if fit, I guarantee you he will be a MASSIVE player for us next season.[/quote]It''s a shame it happens, but I think they''re smart enough not to take abuse from a minority of fools too personally. Lot of benefits to the internet, but the anonymity and impersonality does have the unfortunate tendency to bring out the worst in a lot of people.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Alex "]We shall see what happens with Anthony, but I do hope the morons who like to be a voice for all of us don''t force his hand - if fit, I guarantee you he will be a MASSIVE player for us next season.[/quote]It''s a shame it happens, but I think they''re smart enough not to take abuse from a minority of fools too personally. Lot of benefits to the internet, but the anonymity and impersonality does have the unfortunate tendency to bring out the worst in a lot of people.[/quote]

Good point, LittleYellowBirdy - reading that, I agree.

A huge amount depends on what system Adams is planning on using. In my opinion Pilkingtons game is playing as an out and out winger, in the final 3rd he can be deadly.

Under Lambert he wasn''t expected to constantly cover his full back, the polar opposite to how we played under Hughton. If you''ve got Pilks picking up the ball in our own half he''s next to useless. He makes Micheal Turner look like Usain Bolt.

Of course if you''re going to play out and out wingers it helps if you''ve got a central midfielder who can pick them out wherever they may be, a job David Fox done perfectly.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]BJ seems to get held in higher regard....[/quote]Er; that''s a bit of a broad generalisation isn''t it!!? I''ve seen plenty of BJ-bashing going on on this site.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

My money is on our reserves to beat their first team.

[/quote]

And they did!

Yep Pilks is a class act and benefited under Lambert.

The players that stay will all benefit in not having to suffer Hoots and his two clowns.

Oh and no one should get downhearted by some on this board. It truly does not represent the feelings of our support.

This board was covered with Hughton worshippers. Funnily enough there''s still some on here.

If the club are convinced he''s over his injuries I certainly hope he stays.

I think pilkington is a big time wannabe after his united header ge thought he was too big for us and is a sick note.. Norwich reserves v Ipswich ha he really is a kn00b