Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

What is the 2014/15 Season-Transfer Kitty.

I would guess £0.

What we spend will come from sale money.

Sorry for being such a pessimist but its the reality of where we are heading.

Going to the 1st game of the season will I guess feel like going to the Arsenal match-Sad.

I think they will sell a few high profile players and throw the youth and a few mid range signings into the squad.

We will get told how we have got players in that know this league etc... and they will make a profit.

It will be a massive gamble as the youth will have to be exceptional (They could be) however top players tend to get you out of this league. Look at QPR when push came to shove their big players got them up.

They say they have ambition, but they never really back this up. I predict, Ruddy, Snodgrass, Pilks, Wes and Ollson will all be off for nice figures and in will come 5 sub standard replacements.

Regardless of who we sell I seriously doubt Adams will get ALL the cash for new signings.

I have no idea how much is in the budget, but the Board will lose even more face if everything they say seems to be untrue. They have repeatedly spoken of supporting Adams in the transfer market. They do not mention how much, for obvious reasons, but quite apart from TV money from last season we should also have parachute money to come. If the Board are serious about trying for immediate promotion, then they must be aware that the squad is well below good enough, and needs to be improved significantly.

There is also the possibility of "sales receipts" if Snoddy, Ruddy, Fer, RvW, etc. are sold.

We are no longer in with the big boys, and we have to look at £5m players, or less, rather than £8m, with perhaps the odd exception. This is why we must face the possibility of building a team over a season or two, and including our own Academy graduates.

To judge by some comments on this board, absolutely no statement made by the Board is assumed to be true. When they repeat something frequently, and leave themselves open to subsequent checking, I prefer to believe that they mean what they say, even if subsequently some of our targets are out of our price range.

Just what the hell are you expecting? We are in the Championship now, so are rather unlikely to be signing big internationals from the continent, or indeed top guys from the PL. It is also probable that a couple of our better guys might (look to) leave and if they do will be replaced by ''lesser'' players - that is almost an inevitable consequence of relegation at any level. It is hardly the prediction of the century (QPR did it with Remy/Austin, for example (even though the latter spent a lot of time injured)).

What is key is that we ensure the guys coming in as are up to it, I couldn''t care less if they are ''big'' names - if we have youngsters ready then that is ok but shouldn''t rely too much on them. We are, for this season at least, one of the wealthier sides in our league and should have reasonable finances to do battle for signings if we need.

[quote user="long drives home"]

They say they have ambition, but they never really back this up. I predict, Ruddy, Snodgrass, Pilks, Wes and Ollson will all be off for nice figures and in will come 5 sub standard replacements.[/quote]How can you say that and expect to be taken seriously after the amount the club spent last transfer window? Sure, it didn''t work out as desired, but there''s no doubt there was ambition to improve on where we were and that''s not even considering the players we tried and failed to get.

What is it with these people who seem to revel in seeing our Club''s position in the most negative possible way.

How can our transfer kitty at this moment in time be nil?

Total income from last seasons participation is/was estimated to be c.£90m and made up of TV money (where even the bottom club pocketed more than Man. U. did the previous season ie. £60m+) gate money and sponsorship etc.

I believe our total wages bill (by far the biggest outlay) was in the region of £60m and presented a healthy % of income ratio than most.

There is also the little matter of £23m of parachute money. We will likely collect money from sales.

I also seem to remember some recently available figures in The Guardian showing that we had £7m in the bank. The article concluded that the Club was in a "very healthy" state.

Now we get this twaddle,  seemingly based upon nothing but negativity and guesswork.

My figures might well be based upon assumption, but at least there is some foundation of fact.

Fantasising and magnifying supposed bad of our situation is the realm of TWTD. They are good at it.

That begs the question.

If what Broadstairs is suggesting is any where near the truth I would be concerned as the wages bill with a 50% reduction following relegation would be £30M, some £7M more that the parachute payment

I know I have ignored season ticket sales & othet trading incomne - anyone know how much this is (excluding sky payments) ?

I think the key will be to off load our high earners who are rumoured to be Wolf, Bassong & Fer - people have suggested that these alone cost us £120Kpw in prem and will cost us £60Kpw in champs - £3M +pa

If we are happy with a wages bill of £30M next year, the £3M saving could be used to pay the wages for 6/7 new signings as the average Champ wage of say Derby & Burnley players is well under £10K per week

Lets see how it all develops

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="long drives home"]

They say they have ambition, but they never really back this up. I predict, Ruddy, Snodgrass, Pilks, Wes and Ollson will all be off for nice figures and in will come 5 sub standard replacements.[/quote]How can you say that and expect to be taken seriously after the amount the club spent last transfer window? Sure, it didn''t work out as desired, but there''s no doubt there was ambition to improve on where we were and that''s not even considering the players we tried and failed to get.[/quote]

I will say that because we still spent less than sides that were promoted and in their first season in the Prem! We were in our third and yet still not competing!! Also when relegation looked a threat we did absolute nothing in January!! This was hardly breaking the bank to try and stay up. Look what other clubs do when they are in that position.

So in reality they never really back it up!

I suspect funds will be available for the right players, but also that money will go more on wages rather than transfer fees. for example Joe Cole wages would probably be far cheaper for us as a club than troy deeneys fees plus wages and give us the creativity we need.

More than anything we will simply reinvest sales into purchases rather than eat into the parachute money.

Someone take the keyboards away from the passionate casuals

Nothing to spend? Bloody hell.

That said, I don''t care if we don''t buy anyone. We don''t necessarily need to. We need to offload three or four top earners who don''t want to be here, replace them with youth players who want to play first team football, and get a simple, counter-attacking system....say a 4-3-3 with focus on creating overloads on the flanks when we get forwards, and allow the talented players we possess to play with freedom. Certainly in the context of the Championship, we already have a very strong squad.

id say about half of what we receive from player sales. i don''t think we have much money to spend.

Now David McNally continually tells us that the club is run as a kind of mutual where all available funds are put into football. If you believe that''s not been the case or not going to be the case then where''s the money gone?

Well those places is where the majority of the player budget ends up Zip. I thought the suggestion was we weren''t putting it there.

[quote user="simmo_2"]I would guess £0. What we spend will come from sale money. Sorry for being such a pessimist but its the reality of where we are heading. Going to the 1st game of the season will I guess feel like going to the Arsenal match-Sad.[/quote]

Quite simple. Don''t go. Your constant grumbling won''t be missed.

the wages have dropped without a doubt, but we have a good squad and I think we have enough cash to get what we want from the transfer market.

but i dont think we will be paying £8m for jordan rhodes type over the odds fees; we can get good quality championship players on decent wages and suspect we will end up with a cash surplus to be used for players as we need them (we can get in good loans all through the year for example)

Under worthington and lambert we got promoted without spending a fortune.

It''s not how much you spend but how wisely you buy how well you build a team ethic and your tactical knowledge that counts

Exactly, we had our biggest transfer budget ever last year and went down. It is all about getting the right kind of player

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Exactly, we had our biggest transfer budget ever last year and went down. It is all about getting the right kind of player[/quote]The right kind of manager gets the right kind of player , unfortunatley we have a manager who has never signed a player in his life .

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Exactly, we had our biggest transfer budget ever last year and went down. It is all about getting the right kind of player[/quote]The right kind of manager gets the right kind of player , unfortunatley we have a manager who has never signed a player in his life .[/quote]Guess what? Every single manager in the world has never signed a player in his life at some point you utter tool.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Exactly, we had our biggest transfer budget ever last year and went down. It is all about getting the right kind of player[/quote]The right kind of manager gets the right kind of player , unfortunatley we have a manager who has never signed a player in his life .[/quote]Guess what? Every single manager in the world has never signed a player in his life at some point you utter tool.[/quote]Tell me this oh he who can spot a Stringer , if Adams is this excellent manager just waiting to burst onto the scene why has he been working as a radio commentator instead of applying for manager jobs ? its not like he hung up his boots yesterday is it . Afraid its easy to please people like you that lets boards like ours get away with appointments like this .

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Exactly, we had our biggest transfer budget ever last year and went down. It is all about getting the right kind of player[/quote]The right kind of manager gets the right kind of player , unfortunatley we have a manager who has never signed a player in his life .[/quote]Guess what? Every single manager in the world has never signed a player in his life at some point you utter tool.[/quote]Tell me this oh he who can spot a Stringer , if Adams is this excellent manager just waiting to burst onto the scene why has he been working as a radio commentator instead of applying for manager jobs ? its not like he hung up his boots yesterday is it . Afraid its easy to please people like you that lets boards like ours get away with appointments like this . [/quote]So up you pop spouting a load of worthless old bollox ... and you only joined this forum a few days ago my ar se !you are nothing but another troll with a very strong whiff of bin about you