Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

RvW to Benfica?

That''s what I thought when a thread about RVW going to Benfica suddenly changed to suggestions that Snoddy should leave instead ....

RvW and Hooper were both used to getting on the end of crosses or balls played in front of them. Unfortunately the only player we had that was able to deliver those sort of crosses from the right wing was injured for most of the season.

I must be one of the few fans curious to see what our strikers can do at a lower level with us playing on the front foot. They might do nothing at all and prove to be the huge duds that most expect, but I think we''ve spent the money on them lets at least be certain they can''t cut it before selling them off. If we play to their strengths at least there will be no excuses.

It was always wishful thinking that a team in the Champions League would want RVW. Realistically no team is going to buy a striker with one goal in a season unless at a massive discount. Do you think managers around Europe are going to be saying to themselves ''Well if it wasn''t for Hughton and his negativity I''m sure he would have scored 20+''? Of course not. Who would even want to loan him? You only loan players who are going to hit the ground running. We''re stuck with him unless we offload him for 3 million or so.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Snodgrass''s scores or makes a goal around once every 3 games in the Premier League. (12 goals, 8 assists in in 67 appearances total)
Clearly that''s not good enough.
[;)]
[/quote]

His timing for scoring is good, sadly just two assists this season, with a large drop in set piece goals that he takes shows his contribution dipped from one season to another

Now for what its worth I think we should be looking to keep both RVW and Hooper, now that Elliot Bennett is fit and playing well he could provide the service they lacked last season,