Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

is Joe Royale the new Technical director ???

i really cannot believe this but I was told last week this may happen and I saw it also in the paper today NOT my choice would have a lot of contacts but is he really the best we can do ? or will his experience be what we need ? ex Ipswich manager running the club football terms it can not happen can it ? would explain foley contact also

Joe Royle? My ar-e.

Actually a good shout IMO. Well respected figure in the game, good contacts and he was a City player too, which excuses any binner connections.

He was also a forward with a degree of class. He should know a good ''un.

Somehow he doesn''t seem the right person for Technical Director as defined by McNally, more the Director of Football type.

I don''t think he has a job at the moment and the person I know was quite sure of it ! been out of the game ( manager since 2009 )

Furthermore he''s one of us, a former Barry Butler winner who was just agent Royle with the binners!

I''m hopeful that friend of the PUPs Ricky Martin will be technical director. It will be the recruitment director who needs contacts.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Joe Royle? My ar-e.

Actually a good shout IMO. Well respected figure in the game, good contacts and he was a City player too, which excuses any binner connections.

He was also a forward with a degree of class. He should know a good ''un.

Somehow he doesn''t seem the right person for Technical Director as defined by McNally, more the Director of Football type.

[/quote]Royle has been offered a job by Everton but seems not yet to have accepted. That said, he is based back in the north now and might not be willing to move south again.He is very much a fan of the director of football concept, and indeed would seem more suited to that than the role of technical director as outlined by McNally. But perhaps the role may end up being defined as much by the appointee as by the job description.

Would be interesting if Norwich appointed him, especially after McNally said they weren''t hiring a ''Director of Football''.

Considering Joe Royle has a blog called http://directoroffootball.com/

Would be surprised if it is him, seems far to high profile. I still think the TD will be someone few outside of the game have heard about before.

Looking at the role they require for Technical Director, I feel they will go with someone ''like'' Les Parry he has a back ground as a qualified Physio and can man manage.

No chance the Board would not dream of appointing any one who might know what to do ?

I believe Adams was a player under Royle while at Oldham. I also heard this rumour last week that he might be offered the Technical Directors job. Would be a good if as rumoured they get along and also Royle has the experience Adams lacks.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I enjoy that blog Beth. He talks a lot of sense! I''ve long forgiven him his spell on the dark side.[/quote]You can''t criticise someone for doing a spell of Missionary work, Joe worked hard to bring civilisation to poor folk, obviously he couldn''t.

He''s highly thought of down south and they consider his spell there was a period of over-achievement on a shoe-string.

I''m quite warming to the idea. Getting big Fat Joe on board the Canary ship could be a masterpiece and it would certainly balance out the inexperience of Adams.

If JR is coming in as technical director then surely the " technical director " role has changed from that described by McNally. Not a bad thing however in my view.

Regardless of job title, this would I feel be a great appointment, a great football man with years of experience and I guess loads of contacts. 

Perhaps his role would be technical director but he would be able to assist in other areas if time and other personnel permitted.From what McNally was explaining, he''d need to be in and around the training ground anyway. I would also think that during the off season he would be another experienced person who could be used to scout/look at players.I think big Mc is right. Sometimes there is too much for one man to do these days. The science side of things has very much come on a hell of a lot in the last 15-20 years, you need a team of experts lead by someone who can take on that responsibility. I think the well-being side of things sounds very interesting in that perhaps it accounts for the mental health side of the game, something I think we have lacked a bit of at times in the past. Not just for helping players to focus on their game but in terms of recoveries from injury so that when they hit the training ground again their confidence is ok. And also for players approaching the end of their footballing careers and not knowing what is to be of them next, like Eadie - who should be offered more support.It really does intrigue me.