Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Fantastic News

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 30/05/2014 2:10 PM:

sell depending on how much they offer.

Its a hard one because he is a very good footballer (for anyone who saw the games he played for Lisbon) yet confidence is down for him so we are relying that his confidence will come back and he can handle the league, whereas if we get a good amount for him then we can replace him with a proven striker in this league, e.g R. McCormack

But proven Championship strikers are just that, Championship strikers.

RvW has not had the chance to show what he can do in an attacking Premiership team. He has suffered in the same way as other Hughton signings, Hooper, Kamara, Kane, Elmander and Becchio suffered and in the same way Grant Holt suffered and wanted out.

He has proven ability otherwise he would not be wanted by Benfica or be a Netherlands international.

I agree yellow wall, but the fact is he is an unknown talent in our team. Sure, if he went to Benfica, he would score a lot of goals because they have a good attacking team. But here, he''s playing with the same players (who don''t really believe in him because the never seem to pass to him) with a manager who, from what we''ve seen in the youth cup (could judge him from last season but perhaps a bit harsh) that his football is not pretty. He may score loads this season he may not. We need someone who IS going to score goals in this league, we know the potential players who fit the bill, we don''t know if one of them is Ricky in this league.

Norfolk Canary wrote the following post at 30/05/2014 2:19 PM:

your banty is brilliant mrs miggins................... if you''re brain dead that is.................................................................

------------------------------------------------------------------------

well that was comedy gold

If you mean did I watch a YouTube highlights video showing the goals that he scored in 2012/13 in the Portuguese league, then yes I did.

There are some awful teams in that league though it is like the SPL - four big teams being the Celtic and Rangers, and then people like Moreirense and Olhanense are your St. Mirrans and Hamiltons.

And apart from his four goals against Braga that season all of his league goals came against bottom half teams, none of who would be anywhere near good enough to compete in the Championship yet alone the Champions League.

I don''t think excelling in the Portuguese league requires a particularly talented player - Hooper would also excel playing for a good team in a poor league.

Sunderland fans aren''t expecting Jozy Altidore to come good after he scored for fun in Eredivisie either, Elmander scored for fun in Turkey.

The only leagues in the world that comes anywhere near as close to the Premier League in competitiveness are Seria A and the Bundesliga. Even La Liga contains many very poor teams, Messi and Ronaldo wouldn''t score as many in the Premier League and Suarez would score many more in La Liga.

Jozy Altidore scored 23 goals in 33 games for AZ in 2012/13, look how terrible he was for Sunderland.

He scored more in Holland than Van Wolfswinkel did. Would you buy Altidore?

Van Wolfswinkel didn''t make the grade, sell him to a slower paced league where he can look good again and buy a big number 9 to replace Holt.

It is retarded to say that Van Wolfswinkel would do better in an attacking team. Is there a single striker in the world who doesn''t want to play in an attacking team.

Hooper managed 7 goals, Holt managed 8, both in a conservative Hughton team where preventing the opposition scoring was the priority. Both are considered to have had bad seasons.

Van Wolfswinkel scored 1 goal in 25 games under exactly the same circumstances.

All strikers need chances, Wolfy didn''t take enough of the ones that he got - Hooper has established himself as our best striker and it is he who we now need to look to for goals.

Wolfy got his chance and blew it, no room for sentiments we need strikers who score goals.

no i don''t mean did you watch youtube highlights - they can make Bradley Johnson look good. I mean if anyone has watched on the tv or on a stream. Then you can see that he has great technical ability, finish, movement.....it kind of makes you laugh when seeing him this season, he was dreadful

He looked great for Lisbon and awful for us because to go from Portugal to the EPL is a huge step up, one which he wasn''t good enough to make.

If you were to put Hoolahan in the Portuguese league he would probably look world class.

He may have some great attributes, but they don''t compensate for the fact that he is not strong enough, not fast enough, and not mentally strong enough, to succeed in the best league in the world.

Just my opinion.

[quote user="mrs miggins and morty are f ucking c unts........."]Morty, for a grown man with children you truly are one of the most juvenile and childish people i''ve ever come across.

in short, a complete and utter c unt.........................[/quote]I am guessing you''re not too au fait with the concept of irony....Great new username, well played[Y]

I agree with you in a way Gm, but playing in our team with a lack of confidence (which he is to blame for) and no belief meant he didn''t play to the best of his ability, not even close. However, if he did, everyone can also see that he is not strong enough anyway so the question i guess would be - ''could he compensate for that?.'' I don''t know, but probably not is my thinking

I do feel a bit sorry for him, I should clarify. But I feel sorry for all the attacking players who had to play under Hughton.

If the club and Adams want to keep him then I will support him and hope he comes good, but I won''t shed a tear if we were to sell him and spend a couple of million on somebody who has shown they score 15+ in this league.

If we keep him and he still can''t score, that is a disaster?

Really as well, it very much depends on what Ricky wants to do. There are lots of factors. I have seen him at the airport a few times, he can be home in Holland in about 40 minutes, so I would hope he sees that as a plus. But I fear if he has aspirations of furthering his international career he won''t do it playing in the Championship.

It depends on how much he wants to play in the prem as well. He''s not going to get another chance so if he does the business this season, then he''ll be set up for the prem, but no other english clubs will want him thats for sure

[quote user="morty"]Really as well, it very much depends on what Ricky wants to do. There are lots of factors. I have seen him at the airport a few times, he can be home in Holland in about 40 minutes, so I would hope he sees that as a plus. But I fear if he has aspirations of furthering his international career he won''t do it playing in the Championship.[/quote]
Just curious, why you drop in you''ve seen him at the airport a few times.  Makes any difference to knowing the obvious that a hop to Holland is minutes away?

the comment was in relation to him getting his only chance to play in the prem. The only way he''ll get there is playing well for us this season. If he scores 50 goals for Benfica for example, still there''ll be no premier league clubs coming in for him the season after.

(but thanks for just replying to my post again. I was wondering, are you that new poster who has made a help pled on the forum Brienne?)

[quote user="Private Frazer"][quote user="morty"]Really as well, it very much depends on what Ricky wants to do. There are lots of factors. I have seen him at the airport a few times, he can be home in Holland in about 40 minutes, so I would hope he sees that as a plus. But I fear if he has aspirations of furthering his international career he won''t do it playing in the Championship.[/quote]
Just curious, why you drop in you''ve seen him at the airport a few times.  Makes any difference to knowing the obvious that a hop to Holland is minutes away?
[/quote]Eh?I was just making the point that he can nip home to Holland easily, nothing more.

[quote user="morty"]he can be home in Holland in about 40 minutes...[/quote]My grandad took a lot longer than that in his Lancaster....but then again, he had things to drop off on the way. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]he can be home in Holland in about 40 minutes...[/quote]My grandad took a lot longer than that in his Lancaster....but then again, he had things to drop off on the way. [;)][/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/when_i_was_your_age_6418_zps129b90dc.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/when_i_was_your_age_6418_zps129b90dc.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 30/05/2014 4:00 PM:

the comment was in relation to him getting his only chance to play in the prem. The only way he''ll get there is playing well for us this season. If he scores 50 goals for Benfica for example, still there''ll be no premier league clubs coming in for him the season after.

(but thanks for just replying to my post again. I was wondering, are you that new poster who has made a help pled on the forum Brienne?)

Subject

If you read the thread you will see that i had made the same point a bit earlier, so I was agreeing with you.

Hey ho

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]It is retarded to say that Van Wolfswinkel would do better in an attacking team. Is there a single striker in the world who doesn''t want to play in an attacking team.

Hooper managed 7 goals, Holt managed 8, both in a conservative Hughton team where preventing the opposition scoring was the priority. Both are considered to have had bad seasons.

Van Wolfswinkel scored 1 goal in 25 games under exactly the same circumstances.

All strikers need chances, Wolfy didn''t take enough of the ones that he got - Hooper has established himself as our best striker and it is he who we now need to look to for goals.

Wolfy got his chance and blew it, no room for sentiments we need strikers who score goals.[/quote]

I agree with much of what you say about football but to describe people with a differing football opinion to your own as "retarded?" Really?

Jenkins wrote the following post at 30/05/2014 5:14 PM:

If you read the thread you will see that i had made the same point a bit earlier, so I was agreeing with you.

Hey ho

--------------------------------

well that really is a first.

Keep your wig on, I didn''t call anybody retarded and neither will I be, just trying to say that it is stupid to say that he would benefit from an attacking game, because all strikers will score more goals in an attacking team.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Hardly fantastic news, I see RVW as a great asset in the Championship next season. Under a new manager with a fresh approach playing at a slightly lower level he could do really well for us and with a successful season under his belt could go on to achieve in the prem. He owes us big time, I hope he appreciates that and wants to deliver. Bad news if this is true.[/quote]

Ditto.

People who have written RVW off are very narrow-minded. He has clear talent & NA could be just the coach to get him performing well.