Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Fantastic News

Norwich City’s club record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel is tracked by Benfica

Rumour on Pinkun front page

Taxi please

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Positive for both RvW and the club.[/quote]Disagree on both counts.Being here this season would be an ideal chance to get his form and confidence back, and chances are we''ll lose money if we sell now.Clearly like all the other strikers he suffered under Hughton''s system, but give him the right supply and he''ll hit 20 this season IMHO.

Fantastic news?................

I thought you were going to say something exciting like Morty the chump leaving the forum.....................................

Better luck next time................................

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Positive for both RvW and the club.[/quote]Disagree on both counts.Being here this season would be an ideal chance to get his form and confidence back, and chances are we''ll lose money if we sell now.Clearly like all the other strikers he suffered under Hughton''s system, but give him the right supply and he''ll hit 20 this season IMHO.[/quote]

Fully agree with this. I would just love him to come good if only to silence the binner gloats. My ideal scenario for next season, apart from a top two slot for us, would be for RVW to score a het-trick in another big win at the Portaloo.

However, selling him for a bit of a loss would not be disastrous as long as there was add-on added on to add-on ad infinitum.

We would continue to have every reason for Ricky to come good.

Any offer over £2.50 should be seriously consided.

[quote user="Norfolk Canary"]* CONSIDERED[/quote]

Thank you. [W]

On wait basis can the rose tinted glasses brigade claim Wolf will come good in the chanps

He has no close control, physical presence, speed, unable to hold the ball up, cannot win the ball in the air, needs someone else to do his chasing etc etc etc

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW HE WILL BE AN ASSET IN THE CHAMPS ?

I go home & away and most of his performances have been a joke, Loza should more guile , skill & effort in 20 mins against Arsenal than Wolf had in previous 10 games. stick with him & we will be mid table by christmas with same probs we have now - no goals

We did not see the best of him last season, for a number of reasons:

Our defensive style and our rather lumbering attacks didn''t help very much.He was always heavily marked by the recovered defence.

Our passing to him was often behind, and he could get little purchase.

A number of goalkeepers made incredible saves from his attempts.

We didn''t supply the kind of ball which he thrives on - between defenders, for him to run onto - like the two goals created by Fer for Hooper.

The result was he suffered a increasingly severe loss of confidence, which strikers in particular are prone to. A new start with us or in Portugal could see a very different result. We would have to learn how to supply him, - something Hughton never discovered.

If we are offered a derisory amount, I hope we keep him, but if the offer is very good, then, for his sake perhaps he should go. If we are asked for a loan, then we have to insist on the recipients paying his full wages.

I can''t be the only one who wants to see how RvW handles the Championship?

Give him until January and see how he does. If his stats still read 1 goal in about 3,000 minutes of play then move him on in that window.

[quote user="Salopian"]We did not see the best of him last season, for a number of reasons:

Our defensive style and our rather lumbering attacks didn''t help very much.He was always heavily marked by the recovered defence.

Our passing to him was often behind, and he could get little purchase.

A number of goalkeepers made incredible saves from his attempts.

We didn''t supply the kind of ball which he thrives on - between defenders, for him to run onto - like the two goals created by Fer for Hooper.

The result was he suffered a increasingly severe loss of confidence, which strikers in particular are prone to. A new start with us or in Portugal could see a very different result. We would have to learn how to supply him, - something Hughton never discovered.

If we are offered a derisory amount, I hope we keep him, but if the offer is very good, then, for his sake perhaps he should go. If we are asked for a loan, then we have to insist on the recipients paying his full wages.[/quote]

Very much this^^^

Good players do not become bad players overnight! There are always reasons.

Rose tinted glasses indeed!

[quote user="Norfolk Canary"]Fantastic news?................

I thought you were going to say something exciting like Morty the chump leaving the forum.....................................

Better luck next time................................[/quote]Awww, was that nasty morty mean to you, and now you''re wandering round the forum, tripping over your bottom lip?[:(][{][}]

The last I heard, though that was some weeks ago, was that the clubs plan would be to loan Ricky out somewhere for the season, and review things after that.I think this would be the best for both parties, if he has a good season and finds his shooting boots, and we get promoted, back he comes, if we don''t get promoted hopefully with a decent season behind him, we may recoup a bit more of our money. If we sell him now, it would be at a pretty big loss.

[quote user="Newton"]

On wait basis can the rose tinted glasses brigade claim Wolf will come good in the chanps

He has no close control, physical presence, speed, unable to hold the ball up, cannot win the ball in the air, needs someone else to do his chasing etc etc etc

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW HE WILL BE AN ASSET IN THE CHAMPS ?

I go home & away and most of his performances have been a joke, Loza should more guile , skill & effort in 20 mins against Arsenal than Wolf had in previous 10 games. stick with him & we will be mid table by christmas with same probs we have now - no goals

[/quote]

Must have got lucky when he was chosen to play international football for the Netherlands. Also, don''t buy it that he is too lightweight (Michael Owen was never the biggest was he?)

Definitely good enough in my opinion and I hope he stays next season as I am sure, played in a confident team, he would score for fun.

Michael Owen was one of the fastest players in the world, silly comparison.

If Wolfy had blistering pace then his lack of strength wouldn''t be a problem.

"alex_ncfc"

I can''t be the only one who wants to see how RvW handles the Championship?

Give him until January and see how he does. If his stats still read 1 goal in about 3,000 minutes of play then move him on in that window.

Nope you''re not the only.

GrantsMoustache wrote the following post at 30/05/2014 1:13 PM:

"Would we want him back if we went up? Just looks so unsuited to English football."

No, our team, management and tactics were unsuitable to the Premiership.

[quote user="morty"]The last I heard, though that was some weeks ago, was that the clubs plan would be to loan Ricky out somewhere for the season, and review things after that.I think this would be the best for both parties, if he has a good season and finds his shooting boots, and we get promoted, back he comes, if we don''t get promoted hopefully with a decent season behind him, we may recoup a bit more of our money. If we sell him now, it would be at a pretty big loss.[/quote]

I''m inclined to think that it should either be a complete break ie. a sale at a loss but with sizeable add-ons or another chance at Championship level, until Xmas at least.

If he is loaned out, comes good and raises his stock chances are that he will have done it for us. If he is a flop again then he''s worth zilch in any case.

Hardly fantastic news, I see RVW as a great asset in the Championship next season. Under a new manager with a fresh approach playing at a slightly lower level he could do really well for us and with a successful season under his belt could go on to achieve in the prem. He owes us big time, I hope he appreciates that and wants to deliver.

Bad news if this is true.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Michael Owen was one of the fastest players in the world, silly comparison.

If Wolfy had blistering pace then his lack of strength wouldn''t be a problem.[/quote]

Sorry but if you''re judging RVW on this season alone, then I can understand you coming up with such an myopic view.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]GrantsMoustache wrote the following post at 30/05/2014 1:13 PM:

"Would we want him back if we went up? Just looks so unsuited to English football."

No, our team, management and tactics were unsuitable to the Premiership.[/quote]

Joanna Grey is right. I don''t buy into this view that he is unsuited to English football. Just unsuited to the way we played it last season.

sell depending on how much they offer.

Its a hard one because he is a very good footballer (for anyone who saw the games he played for Lisbon) yet confidence is down for him so we are relying that his confidence will come back and he can handle the league, whereas if we get a good amount for him then we can replace him with a proven striker in this league, e.g R. McCormack

Keep him here and work on his confidence through the summer, I posted somewhere on here this morning the fact that he didn''t bluff his way into the Dutch national team so he has got something about him. How gutted would we be if he was loaned out and started scoring.