Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Sammy Clingan vs Edison Cavani

Northern Ireland vs Uruguay and Sammy Clingan is there tussling away with Cavani, Forlan etc. Mental. Shows how weak Northern Ireland''s team is though when Kilmarnock players make their starting 11.

You''re right Mrs M, I bet Cavani thought he''d never get to play against ''It could have been you''

That''s one off his bucket list

Thought Uruguay looked pretty ordinary. Though if they''ve got Suarez they''ll be a slightly trickier opponent.

[quote user="GJP"]Thought Uruguay looked pretty ordinary. Though if they''ve got Suarez they''ll be a slightly trickier opponent.[/quote]
I didn''t watch 2nd half but thought they never got out of first gear in the first. Carroll had to make a world class double save to keep them out though. They have some excellent players, I think they''ll be a different proposition when they turn it up a bit. They played Poland last year and tore them to shreds, won 2-0 but it could easily have been 6 or 7, not that it''s any great achievement, but they are certainly a capable team when they''re in the mood.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="GJP"]Thought Uruguay looked pretty ordinary. Though if they''ve got Suarez they''ll be a slightly trickier opponent.[/quote]
I didn''t watch 2nd half but thought they never got out of first gear in the first. Carroll had to make a world class double save to keep them out though. They have some excellent players, I think they''ll be a different proposition when they turn it up a bit. They played Poland last year and tore them to shreds, won 2-0 but it could easily have been 6 or 7, not that it''s any great achievement, but they are certainly a capable team when they''re in the mood.
[/quote]
Memory let me down, it was 3-1 and end of 2012 (a month after England drew 1-1 in Poland) - highlights here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlcLkky6jcU

[quote user="kick it off"]Northern Ireland vs Uruguay and Sammy Clingan is there tussling away with Cavani, Forlan etc. Mental. Shows how weak Northern Ireland''s team is though when Kilmarnock players make their starting 11.[/quote]

Cavani didn''t have a sniff against a bunch of youngsters and reserves and Sammy can be proud of his endeavor and performance.

We may be "weak" but in context, we''re a nation of 1.5m people and have our southern neighbours forever at the door looking to rape, plunder and steal any decent talent that we produce.

[quote user="Northern Irish Canary"][quote user="kick it off"]Northern Ireland vs Uruguay and Sammy Clingan is there tussling away with Cavani, Forlan etc. Mental. Shows how weak Northern Ireland''s team is though when Kilmarnock players make their starting 11.[/quote]

Cavani didn''t have a sniff against a bunch of youngsters and reserves and Sammy can be proud of his endeavor and performance.

We may be "weak" but in context, we''re a nation of 1.5m people and have our southern neighbours forever at the door looking to rape, plunder and steal any decent talent that we produce.[/quote]
Aye, don''t get me wrong, I wasn''t meaning any offence by it.