Sign in to follow this  
Canary fun and games

Is it time to think the unthinkable?

Great call - being Manager of York gives him all the qualities the Board are looking for

CHEAP & DELIA LIKES HIM BECAUSE HE A NICE MAN

With the way that Mcnally described the job of Technical Director then a degree in sports science is an absolute minimum as a starting qualification. Cannot see an "old pro" or "senior  figure" being given this post, will most likely be someone already working at academy level at this or another club.

It would be Inners v Outers from day1.

I think it would be a fantastic appointment. Knows the club inside out. Knows most of the board well and can work with them. Good contacts within the game. Wise choice.

What could possibly go wrong[:D]

[quote user="Herman "]

I think it would be a fantastic appointment. Knows the club inside out. Knows most of the board well and can work with them. Good contacts within the game. Wise choice.

[/quote]

Apart from a total PR disaster Mr Herman not much I guess!

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

[/quote]Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness.

Surely if it was about people Delia liked, we would have Mike Walker back?  Those two got on very well by all accounts.

Why on earth would Worthy leave a managers position for a training ground job? I know he likes Norwich, both the football team and the area, but even so.....

I seriously, seriously doubt that our technical director will have any prior association with football (unless, of course, he was technical director at another football club). From what McNally outlined, he wants a skilled administrator with some knowledge of sports science and analytics, rather than an old ex-pro

His ineptitude started the decline. Why consider adding to our woes. Unthinkable is probably the right word.

Are you f*cking mad?

He took the choice to release Malky and Iwan, we then ended up playing the the Doc up front and Simon Charlton at CB.

Hardly the bloke we need giving an input on transfers.

worthy wouldnt be the worst we could choose but as much of the role will be future looking I suspect it will be a much younger man.

would this be the iwan who was already well past his best in the promotion season and needed replacing by crouch then leon and svensson in the champs or the malky who worthy wanted to keep but had concerns at prem level so wouldnt guarantee him astarting place so insisted on a move as he wanted regular football?

so ZippersLeftFoot, you''re telling me the Doc was more capable than Iwan up front? It''s almost laughable now that we had The Doc starting up front in the Premier League. I mean The Doc a premiership striker? Even a championship striker? Even a League 1 striker? Even a League 2 striker? Even a Conference striker? The Doc up front hahahahah!

[quote user="STAN"]Are you f*cking mad?

He took the choice to release Malky and Iwan, we then ended up playing the the Doc up front and Simon Charlton at CB.

Hardly the bloke we need giving an input on transfers.[/quote]I take it you''ve never read Huckerby''s interview with Worthington, complete with the "don''t come to me at Christmas and tell me to buy Dean Ashton, when you told me we couldn''t afford him in the summer"............