Sign in to follow this  
coachkemp

Free Transfer List

Thought I would compile a list of players available on free contracts who I personally think could be good editions and realstic for the club..Tyrone Mears - CBChris Eagles - AMCarlos Cuellar - CBPaul Green - CMSean St Ledger - RBAndrea Orlandi - MidDavid NgogTomas Kzuckakaksskexk ( the keeper however you spell it but think i am close...)Interestingly there is also a few former norwich boys on the list including Fozzy, Drury, Dawkins, Daley, Whitbread, Martin Taylor, Ashdown and player of the season Carlo Nah all appear..not that I am suggesting any of these should come back during our nostalgic era which is beginning.

Few more including David Bentley,  Bendtner, Beye, Ameobi, Klasnic, Keogh, and even apparantly the likes of Saha and Anelka although sites are unreliable.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Saha has retired I thought?[/quote]Which is what I thought hence the apparantly. Not saying any of these players should be signed by us, but I mean if we were to delve into the freebie ocean these are the fish we could realistically hook..

Mears - No

Eagles - maybe if we need wingers, but we''re well covered there

Cuellar - high wages but maybe if Turner leaves

Green - not for me

St Ledger - centre back I thought? Is he still any good?

Orlandi - when did he last do anything?

Ngog - no

Kuzcack - well covered for keepers even if Ruddy leaves.

Is this a joke ?

Why do want other championship teams rejects. I wouldnt take any of that crap !

A couple of experienced players from the released list would be alright (Ameobi, Collison and Ridgewell would be decent, although we would face competition) but most of them are well past their best, or were never really good enough anyway.I''d rather we go the Lambert route and go for some younger, up-and-coming players to supplement what we already have.

A norway international full back we were linked to last summer Jonathan Parr has been released by C.Palace hes 25, thats more of the type of player we should be interested in. Would take someone like him and Jack Collison.

He''s a left back, we have no need at the moment. Perhaps if Olsson leaves or Garrido does. Maybe he''d convince Tettey to stay.

What about Steve Sidwell? Probably still got a couple of good seasons left in him and being dumped by Fulham despite being their most dangerous midfielder...

Craig Gordon is available on a free. Could be decent keeper signing if Ruddy departs.

We will be playing in a league where we will have up to FOUR times (and more) the income of many of the other teams. We receive Ā£23m in parachute payments with NO debts to sevice.... and here we have people bleating about ''freebies''. Players who are not good enough for other clubs - but good enough for us it would seemAnd they squeak about the board not having any ''hambition'' !

Oh come on, plenty of our best players over the years have been free or dirt cheap. One man''s rubbish is another man''s treasure.

A lot of guys go out of contract out of choice, as much as being released, as they know they will get a decent deal elsewhere; the days of guys on free transfer being unwanted cast-offs are long gone and you''d have to be totally stupid to ignore them.

although optimistic, i know, i wouldn''t consider anyone who wouldn''t be able to compete for at least a squad place in the prem in a seasons time.  if you look at players and think ''they could do a job for us in the champ'', then what is the point if we achieve what should be our aim, and achieve promotion.forthis reason, anyone over 27/28  is should be a no go (maybe one or two if they offer an inspirational leader kind of trait ie sidwell (who is almost certainly staying in the prem)  because whilst they improve the team/squad in the short term, we will then have to move them on again shortly after. thereby needing a replacement and affecting squad unity, morale etc etc... whereas if we can find people who grow whilst we are in the championship to become better players now, to breed team spirit for the future. basically to give the club an identity rather than '' buy a player for this season,  to do thisjob - then sell him next to be replaced''.sorry if this is alla bit garbled, but while there maybe  one or two ''exceptional'' frees that we could get over others, i definitely feel this is a route that wouldn''t offer any basis for longevity, and quite frankly with this sojourn from the premier league, the only advantage to be made is that we go back up in a stronger position (and with a better ability to grow) than we had, or could have had, whilst playing premier league football.NB this is not to say this is what will actually happen ;)

[quote user="splutcho"]Oh come on, plenty of our best players over the years have been free or dirt cheap. One man''s rubbish is another man''s treasure.[/quote]much of that was through financial necessity - whoich ignores the point that we will have around FOUR times the  money of most other clubsthose that deliberately ''go out of contract'' tend to do so with a club and lucrative contract already lined upthe point of the OP was not so much the quality not those players, but that they are ''free''

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="splutcho"]Oh come on, plenty of our best players over the years have been free or dirt cheap. One man''s rubbish is another man''s treasure.[/quote]much of that was through financial necessity - whoich ignores the point that we will have around FOUR times theĀ  money of most other clubsthose that deliberately ''go out of contract'' tend to do so with a club and lucrative contract already lined upthe point of the OP was not so much the quality not those players, but that they are ''free''

[/quote]

Some aren''t cast off because they''re not good enough. Sidwell for example wasn''t offered a new contract by Gilgamesh (or fulham without autocorrect) despite saying he would be willing to stay and help them get back up, yet the pretty much unanimous opinion on here is that he will still be a premiership player next season...

Just because we''ve got money doesn''t mean we have to spend it, we still need to get value for money, just look at Blackburn for how not to do it.