Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Falkirk boss Gary Holt is in talks to join Norwich City this afternoon

Whoever thinks this is a good appointment wants their heads checked

Serious ass about face appointment assistant with more experience plus he''s at conference level of football

What actually is going on

Disaster

Don''t know how we can judge this appointment atm.   Stands to reason that Adams was going to want someone he knows well alongside him.   If a management team come as a package as in Lambert, Culverhouse nad Karsa, or Hughton, Calderwood and Trollpope, we have to accept it.  Adams is starting a new team for this level - if he works well with Holt, that is surely a good thing.    Its a whole new episode for us and the club - the best thing we can do is accept what they are doing and go with it.    The proof of how it is working will be results next season. 

Assistant manager according to EDP. Does it make any difference what his position is, he was always a winner, always gave 110% when he played here, if we''d had 10 like him playing last season we wouldn''t have been relegated.

Obviously trusted by Adams, as LDC says maybe untested, but let''s go with it, could be a very good package being formed, results will tell.

Holt experienced quite a bit of success in Scotland by the looks of it. A 48% win rate and a play-off semi-final defeat is nothing to sniff at, even when you take into account the differences in quality  between the Championship and the Scottish Championship.

I can''t believe people are moaning about this?

What did you expect? The vast majority of assistants haven''t managed at any professional level whatsoever!!!

what our the board thinking? we need someone that knows what they are doing, so far we have adams, gary holt, a bully of a chairman, delia and a depressed mcnally. next season is gonna be great.

I find it very funny all the binners come out saying its a rotten deal to have Adams and now Holt at the club.Thats without a ball being kicked lmao.Think they should go back to there own boards, and have a go at there manager and board, and leave us alone.How do I know this ? look at how many new posters are on here since we went down. You are not going to tell me they all City fansJust because we went down ? no.I think myself its a good deal as Adams needs someone good to back him up and Holt has been doing well in the Scottish leagues.As said Holt always gave 110% for us, and cant seeing him doing less as ass manager. Good on him if he comes and us as we will benefit. 

This is a good call. It''s reassuring that we can attract a working manager to leave his club to come to us for an assistants post.

They have worked together before effectively. Let''s see if this translates into first team football. Hope so.

alartz wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 2:48 PM:

Whoever thinks this is a good appointment wants their heads checked

Serious ** about face appointment assistant with more experience plus he''s at conference level of football

What actually is going on

Disaster

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you''ve got to be realistic Al, with Adams as manager, he hasn''t got many contacts apart from ex players so the likelihood of getting someone that we know is good, is very slim. We are entering into the unknown with the choice of ''manager'' unfortunately.

I''ve heard Colin Calderwood is available, previous experience managing in the Championship.. what more could you want? Oh yeah.

some of them are clueless small minded people who love to be negative about everything City are trying to do.For goodness sake give people a chance first then we will see how good or bad these appointments will prove to be.

Management teams need a #1 and a #2 - and given the lack-lustre efforts of the departing Assistant Manager I am rather chuffed to have someone around who actually gives a s***!

STAN wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 3:52 PM:

I''ve heard Colin Calderwood is available, previous experience managing in the Championship.. what more could you want? Oh yeah.

---------------------------------------------------------

Yeah how dare we get a manager who got a team promoted to the championship as our assistant manager...why don''t we just get someone who used to play for us and hasn''t really done anything of worth managerially speaking since...thats a great idea. Lets use him as our assistant first team coach!

First off Scottish football below the top division is akin to Sunday morning park football here .Afraid its back to the Megson , Deehan , Gunn days of employ anybody who used to play for the club as long as they are cheap and wont rock the boat .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]First off Scottish football below the top division is akin to Sunday morning park football here .Afraid its back to the Megson , Deehan , Gunn days of employ anybody who used to play for the club as long as they are cheap and wont rock the boat .[/quote]

I think the appointment is more due to the fact he use to be Adams'' assistant and he probably wants him to be his assistant again. The fact he use to play for the club has little to do with it - this isn''t an appointment from the board, but Neil Adams, the manager, building his team.

In all honesty, not one person on this board can really comment on whether he will be good or bad, as no one here was either a player at Falkirk or in the Norwich academy whilst Holt was around.

Anyway, its an assistant manager, its not like the future of the club rests on the appointment of the guy Adams wants to sit next to him on the bench.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]First off Scottish football below the top division is akin to Sunday morning park football here .Afraid its back to the Megson , Deehan , Gunn days of employ anybody who used to play for the club as long as they are cheap and wont rock the boat .[/quote]

Every human action is preceded by attitude. Gary Holt brings plenty of exceptional qualities there! We''ll need some workmanlike performances next season - and leadership starts at the top. The squad will know what''s expected of them when ''3-Lungs'' is putting them through their paces!...

Bethnal Yellow and Green wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 4:30 PM:

Anyway, its an assistant manager, its not like the future of the club rests on the appointment of the guy Adams wants to sit next to him on the bench.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it is important because it would be nice to get in the premier league again. Therefore we need at least one person who can set up a team right. We know that not Adams, so the assistant manager will have to earn his corn. Hopefully it will work, who knows, but I wouldn''t downplay the role (imo)

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Bethnal Yellow and Green wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 4:30 PM: Anyway, its an assistant manager, its not like the future of the club rests on the appointment of the guy Adams wants to sit next to him on the bench. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Well it is important because it would be nice to get in the premier league again. Therefore we need at least one person who can set up a team right. We know that not Adams, so the assistant manager will have to earn his corn. Hopefully it will work, who knows, but I wouldn''t downplay the role (imo)[/quote]

How do we ''know'' that? We know he couldn''t stir a team that was rock bottom on morale to beat 4 of the best teams in the country, doesn''t mean he won''t be able to set up a team, which he has been able to build and work with in a pre-season, to challenge for promotion next season.

We also wouldn''t ''know'' that any establish, experienced manager, would be able to ''set the team up'' to get promotion. Brendan Rodgers had a catalouge of failures under his belt when he went to Swansea and got them promoted, whilst countless ''experienced'' managers have completely failed to get promotion. All this foot stamping and whinging from fans is fairly pathetic - as if some experienced Championship manager is going to come along and sit next to Adams on the bench. As pointed out, we had an three experienced managers in the coaching positions at the club last season, they still could work out their arse from their elbow.

There''s still hope to get Mourinho in as a number 2

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/9335513/falkirk-apologise-after-wrongly-claiming-manager-gary-holt-had-joined-norwich

So it''s not a done deal, yet! IMO another cheap deal if it happens though. Why not bring in Polston to make it like the old days of Gunn, Butterworth and Crook!?

I really dispair at this club, I really do!

McNally might be a good CEO to write off the debt in a business sense, but I really think he''s not a good football man! There is no way we are going to get back up with this lot. In that, I mean not only the management but also with this board!

I''ve supported this club for 50 years and tbh this is the lowest I''ve felt since Gunn was appointed and prior to that Grant! God help us please!

To all you forever optimistic lot, I wish I could share that optimism but sadly I just see us on a downward spiral from now on.

OTBC, but I doubt it!

just heard joe Royle is coming in also. Now hopefully he won''t be anywhere near the first team. What the hell is happening.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]just heard joe Royle is coming in also. Now hopefully he won''t be anywhere near the first team. What the hell is happening.[/quote]Happy days Mrs Miggins!

The best bit was when Adams said (about Royle) that he "has also been very successful during his time as both a player and a manager."

No, he was just a sh1t manager.

Miggins why on earth are you so hell bent on putting down NA and the new team the board are putting together before we have even kicked a ball?

Were the appointments of two failed managers in Calderwood and Trollope so exciting that Holt has failed to reach our previously lofty standards?

Go take a look at all the other big names working as assistant managers and first team coaches in the Championship.

I think luring and appointing a successful manager of any team of league one or two standard just to be a coach is a big coup personally.