Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Falkirk boss Gary Holt is in talks to join Norwich City this afternoon

EXCLUSIVE: Gary Holt is in Norwich this afternoon for talks about a return to his former club.

The Falkirk Herald understands contact has been made between the clubs and the Bairns boss would renew his partnership with Neil Adams again which they shared in the Canaries’ youth academy teams.

Adams recently took over the Carrow Road job permanently following Chris Hughton’s sacking.

Holt led Falkirk to within a whisker of promotion to the SPFL Premiership this season but always spoke fondly of his time in East Anglia.

Although no paperwork has been signed for his return as assistant manager, a deal could be sealed as soon as this afternoon and Falkirk chairman Martin Ritchie will be forced into quick action to find a replacement just four weeks ahead of the start of pre-season training.

[quote user="CDB"]EXCLUSIVE: Gary Holt is in Norwich this afternoon for talks about a return to his former club. The Falkirk Herald understands contact has been made between the clubs and the Bairns boss would renew his partnership with Neil Adams again which they shared in the Canaries’ youth academy teams. Adams recently took over the Carrow Road job permanently following Chris Hughton’s sacking. Holt led Falkirk to within a whisker of promotion to the SPFL Premiership this season but always spoke fondly of his time in East Anglia. Although no paperwork has been signed for his return as assistant manager, a deal could be sealed as soon as this afternoon and Falkirk chairman Martin Ritchie will be forced into quick action to find a replacement just four weeks ahead of the start of pre-season training.[/quote]

Technical director then....

I might just weep.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

jobs for the boys/old guard.

perhaps Nigel Worthington WILL be technical director after all.

[/quote]

It''s not really a surprised that Adams will want Holt, considering he was his assistant before. You''d hardly expect him to appoint someone he''s never worked with before.

Why moan, why grumble?

It was clear from the Adams appointment we as fans truly have no voice in the manager. If this wasn''t the case with how long we sat with the Hughton appointment, blissfully saying "LA LA LA" with fingers in our ears hoping it would be okay.

For me, where we are, who we have in. This makes sense.

I can''t quite see what is so wrong with this. I''d understand if we were promoting Holt straight from our academy but he has been managing (and doing a good job) elsewhere for a good amount of time.

[quote user="king canary"]I can''t quite see what is so wrong with this. I''d understand if we were promoting Holt straight from our academy but he has been managing (and doing a good job) elsewhere for a good amount of time.[/quote]
He has more experience than Neil Adams does as a manager!

Adams needs a decent backroom team and Holt has a reasonable management record.

Could be a very good appointment and may be one to take over should Adams not work out

Good appointment if true, we need people like Holt to push on the fitness and his desire to play.

As long as this Worthy & Doncaster are kept far away I have no issue with who Adams wants in, it''s his management after all.

Good luck to Adams.

[quote user="king canary"]I can''t quite see what is so wrong with this. I''d understand if we were promoting Holt straight from our academy but he has been managing (and doing a good job) elsewhere for a good amount of time.[/quote]Absolutely. It sounds like an excellent choice. I was worried Adams would pick an inexperienced candidate from inside the club, but to have someone alongside him who has been a first-team manager would allay that fear.

If this proved to be true then I would be delighted.

A man with management experience. a strong believer in fitness and hard work, knows Adams well, has worked under some good managers as a player, and the fact that he always gave his absolute all for our Club is just an added bonus.

RB

Appears to be a good choice for the job in hand, but really I guess we all need to wait until we see the complete football management team in place before we can really see just what the club have put in place......I am expecting a very experienced man in the DoF role or whatever they will call it, and will be surprised if thats not the case.

Good news, Holty has done very well at Falkirk and should form an excellent partnership with Neil

Good decision.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Why does our new set up seem as stale as a two week old loaf of bread , the black days are about to return .
[/quote]

The black shorts?

whats not to like about three lungs and given its adams as manager not sure we can expect much better.        But can''t say I am inspired...

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Appears to be a good choice for the job in hand, but really I guess we all need to wait until we see the complete football management team in place before we can really see just what the club have put in place......I am expecting a very experienced man in the DoF role or whatever they will call it, and will be surprised if thats not the case.[/quote]

I would be highly, majorly surprised if the Technical Director had ever managed a team before. When you look at people who do similar roles you get Richard Evans at Everton, Mark Cartwright at Stoke and David Woodfine at West Ham. None of these guys are experienced ex-managers but have all the relevant coaching/professional qualifications.

I think there is much to be made of around the conditioning of the players (fitness,  recovery, diet, psychological support) as well as the strategic planning (data analysis,   match prep & summaries) as well as player purchases its clear we are looking at a younger person with a vision who will get the right team and structure in place to support the first team coach in having the right data and resource ready to win games.

To me,  it will be a relatively unknown person but one who is prepared to adopt and adapt innovative ideas. 

Good addition if he just part of the coaching, would be a bit worried if he''s appointed assistant manager though tbh.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Good addition if he just part of the coaching, would be a bit worried if he''s appointed assistant manager though tbh.[/quote]

Why be worried if he''s assistant? I what way do you see the two as that different?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Good addition if he just part of the coaching, would be a bit worried if he''s appointed assistant manager though tbh.[/quote]What''s the difference?