Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel: The Case for the Defence

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"] Any striker should be able to knock in a few goals. [/quote]

So why has Hooper only scored 1 Premiership goal in his last 18 appearances (i.e. in 2014 so far)?

[/quote]
All strikers have barren spells. You need to judge them over the course of the whole season. 6 goals in a season is poor but 1 is just beyond the pale. 
Holt scored half as many under Hughton as he did under Lambert so it''s reasonable to speculate that any striker would score twice as many under a more attacking manager than under Hughton. So with a decent manager Hooper could have had a decent season but there''s nothing in RVW''s one goal to suggest he''s capable of having a prolific season.

The point is we need to hit the ground running next season. RvW will not get the goal return we need. Dispose of RvW and get a new target man in. Will be the first real test for NA given both the financial and political capital invested in RvW.

Evening all,

Just read in the article on PSV interest in rvw and in it it says about the championship being "hurly burly" but i have to say that i dont think this is the case. Admittedly it is not in the same style as the premier league but i think that the days of it being "hurly burly" are gone. Ok there will be the odd side that play agressively or hoof ball but on the whole i believe there are some good footballing teams in the champ. Most teams in this league will play decent football. Just a shame we will probably never see RVW give it a go.