Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Its all becoming clearer now...

The appointment of Joe Royle makes some sort of sense in that he can offer advice if needed on Managerial issues and is an old head in the background.

Which brings me on the question as the job of Tech Director was announced before the appointment of Adams; wasn;t it only Adams all along....

The shortlist was to a degree a smokescreen and the scouring of Europe being economical with the actuality as some politician once said.

Think about it, the appointment does make sense on the level of Adams being assisted but a combination of Mackay or Lennon and Royle. Now that would look strange..

Think about it

Sorry, an amendment before Mr Norwich City aka

City First jumps down my neck.

The post of Tech Director is still to be filled apparently, my original point stands though, this new role must have mooted at the Interviews???

How many layers of Management are we putting it here, its getting like a old style quango. Very strange to put it mildly.

Sharing the load I guess.  Neyul won''t have the fag of paperwork etc.  As long as everybody knows their boundaries from the start it could work well.

[quote user="militantcanary"]Ever heard the expression too many cooks spoil the broth?

Which is ironic considering how Delia Smith made her money.[/quote]
We don''t know if it''s spoilt yet.  Many hands make light work.[:D]

Given the brief that''s been mentioned for this technical director role (focusing on fitness/diet/player welfare type things, not on the pitch) I wouldn''t be at all surprised if we go for Aidy Boothroyd for that role.

Didn''t work out for him as a manager but wasn''t he always highly regarded for exactly that kind of approach to the game?

He''s currently involved with the England youth setup so maybe the delay is in extricating him from that or arranging some kind of split role? I think he would be ideal if we can get him and again fits the pattern of someone with former Norwich experience. Did he ever work alongside Adams? All the others have at one point or another...

All these appointments tell me that the Board are still a tad shakey on Adams.

[quote user="militantcanary"]Sorry, an amendment before Mr Norwich City aka

City First jumps down my neck.

The post of Tech Director is still to be filled apparently, my original point stands though, this new role must have mooted at the Interviews???

How many layers of Management are we putting it here, its getting like a old style quango. Very strange to put it mildly.[/quote]From what Joe Royle says himself, it sounds as though this appointment is Neil Adams'' brainchild rather than the board''s. Totally nullifies the concerns over experience as he has just bought in his own personal fount of experience on tap. Massive cudos to Adams for taking this approach. Clearly a very smart guy.

[quote user="Wiz"]All these appointments tell me that the Board are stillĀ a tad shakey on Adams.[/quote]

Considering these are Adams men, that he is bringing onboard, surely the opposite is more likely.

Wiz wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 6:59 PM:

All these appointments tell me that the Board are still a tad shakey on Adams.

I think that is probably true; the blocked attempt for Adams first choice (Foley) is probably good reason for the shakiness.

However I don''t think todays announcements are a surprise given adams as manager; he has a team around him of two that he has worked closely with as a coach and the valuable addition of some senior experience again that he trusts because he has worked with him before. On that level it makes sense; it was impossible to expect a bigger name to come and be his assistant.

These announcements change nothing of my view; the first time we can assess this new direction is mid august; when most of the squad changes have been completed and we have some inkling of what we can expect for next season by the nature of who has been allowed to leave and as crucially who we have signed as a replacement.

Its a big ask to gain promotion in your first season as a manager