Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Does anyone want him back at carrow Road ?

Quote :-

Former Norwich City loan ''striker'', Johan Elmander says he is weighing up his options after being told his contract at Galatasaray will not be extended.

Elmander managed just one goal while with The Canaries but to be fair to him, he did end up as the player with the highest number of assists - but that''s not saying much.

Elmander joined the Turkish giants from Bolton in 2011 and spent last season with City.

Not for me - younger & better elsewhere & probably a lot cheaper !

I don''t think that we will take back for a second.

Wages,age and last seasons performances will go against him

. That said, he wasn''t the worst of our strikers and they are hard to find.

If we decide to get rid of all of our front men we may end up in a Doc up front scenario.

At Championship level I could see him do very well, and in reality he actually did have some decent games last season, just that few will admit to it.....a bit like reading The Sun or watching Coronation Street.

One season of Elmo is enough for me, no pace, no guile and no goals...better off taking a chance on the youth than cloggers like this.

I want us to push the boat out and o after Chris Wood if he''s not required at Leicester.

[quote user="Indy"]One season of Elmo is enough for me, no pace, no guile and no goals...better off taking a chance on the youth than cloggers like this.[/quote]Spot on, the sooner he''s away from our club the better IMHO.

not for me, although i do think we need that type of player, just a slightly better version.

I think if we are going to play 442 we need to go back to a big man little man combo, such as the fleck rosario partnership.. I know rosario didnt score many but help create so much for fleck. and held the ball up for midfielders to join the attack.

But i would prefer to start carlton morris up front ahead of elmander

I would not be too disappointed to have him back. for somebody youger, Nicklas Helenius who is a surplus at Villa. Only 23 while 6''5 he''s reassuringly big. Last season he played 153 minutes altogether, scoring 1, what is a better rate than any of our strikers had. A Danish international for whom PL was probably too much too soon, but probably did not become a bad player overnight. Worth a punt?