Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Bassong's replacement on way ?

Norwich City have stepped up their pursuit for SM Caen defender Molla Wague by offering him a contract according to Sky Sports.

Norwich have offered a deal to Mali defender Molla Wague

Norwich have offered a deal to Mali defender Molla Wague

Its hard to see where Bassong will move to, well in this country anyway. Maybe we will be stuck with him, would rather see a defence of Turner & R.Bennett.

[quote user="splutcho"]I look forward to people jumping on him for not being English.[/quote]

Why would they and why are you looking forward to this putative inevitability ?

Every so often there''s another thread about how all foreigners are lazy and money hungry and that we should be purchasing solely English players, and I look forward to it because I enjoy laughing at stupidity.

[quote user="splutcho"]Every so often there''s another thread about how all foreigners are lazy and money hungry and that we should be purchasing solely English players, and I look forward to it because I enjoy laughing at stupidity.[/quote]

Show me that thread laughing boy !

[quote user="splutcho"]I look forward to people jumping on him for not being English.[/quote]

or for "looking like" he is not interested or trying. and even bigger sin than not being english - but combine the two together.   Scapegot number 1 just signed...

Not sure if its just old news regurgiating but seems to be have been doing the rounds for a long while so may have some truth to it.

As Chester was binned off for (I''m assuming given the McNally interviews) signing RvW, on what basis are we making this signing? Surely Adams hasn''t scouted him. Are we still using our existing networks information given the "poor signings made in the summer"

What are we supposed to do Jay? Make no signings this summer? This guy is on a free as well and i bet we''ve scouted him a few times and had second opinions on him as well. I think he seems like quite an astute buy if we pull it off.

Hey, I am all for an astute signing, but with the recent departure, I am just interested how we as a club are making these decisions now. We all know this summer is very important and ultimately it is a rhetorical question as I am sure we have no answer. I am just putting the questions that ran through my head out there when I saw this.

As a free signing what do we have to lose? Wages only and coming from the second division in Fance I believe will be low!

No brainer and cheap, maybe the way we have o accept to keep some of the better players we have at the mo.

Even if Bassong stays we need another CB. Also I could see Bassong going to QPR and getting paid £6m a day.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3134217/ShowPost.aspx

There we go Snoots.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]Good name. Sign him up.[/quote]
I bet you said the same about Wolfswinkel.
[/quote]Yeah, and he''s a good player.