Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

Derbies: How I love to hate you.

As soon as Sunderland had sunk West Brom and sealed our fate going down to the Championship, the first thing I thought of was the return of the Derby. While the three seasons in the Premier League were a hell of an achievement from where we were starting out from, the fact that you couldn''t look forward to an opportunity to demolish Ipswich twice a season represented a big couple of holes in the footballing calendar.My sentiments towards Ipswich are rather like a pain in the backside sibling. Irritate the hell out of you, like to laugh at them when they screw up, but at rock bottom you wouldn''t really want to see them too badly beat up (by anyone else). With that in mind, that''s why I''d actually agree with Joe Royle''s sentiment that the best possible scenario would be Norwich and Ipswich both returning to the Premier League.Now where''s that hardhat of mine? [^o)]

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]As soon as Sunderland had sunk West Brom and sealed our fate going down to the Championship, the first thing I thought of was the return of the Derby. While the three seasons in the Premier League were a hell of an achievement from where we were starting out from, the fact that you couldn''t look forward to an opportunity to demolish Ipswich twice a season represented a big couple of holes in the footballing calendar.My sentiments towards Ipswich are rather like a pain in the backside sibling. Irritate the hell out of you, like to laugh at them when they screw up, but at rock bottom you wouldn''t really want to see them too badly beat up (by anyone else). With that in mind, that''s why I''d actually agree with Joe Royle''s sentiment that the best possible scenario would be Norwich and Ipswich both returning to the Premier League.Now where''s that hardhat of mine? [^o)][/quote]" but at rock bottom you wouldn''t really want to see them too badly beat up (by anyone else)."my arsethieving filth like that don''t belong in the leaguethe derby is for kids

Guess I''m a 50 yr old kid then because I miss the games against our window licking neighbours.

I too have always loved the derbies and hardly missed one before I moved out of the country and became a "plastic", also agree with Joe Royle''s comment even if I do get stick for it, two EPL sides from East Anglia would be fantastic.....EPL and the local derby!