Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Shrimper

David Stephens - an outside bet for a return to Norwich?

David was a young Norwich City player, making one 1st team appearance in the JPT, before leaving for Hibs in 2010. I was surprised and sorry to see him go as I rated him highly in a youth squad which included Tom Adeyemi, Dario Dumic & other good prospects. He seemed to me to have a perfect blend of physique and skill but his progress slowed and I have assumed there are flaws in his footballing make-up. For the last 2 years he has been with Barnet and this weekend was selected by Stuart Hammonds in the Non-league Paper as one of the top-3 centre-backs in the Skrill Premier. I havenĀ“t seen him play since he left Norwich but David is now 22 and seems to be progressing, albeit currently in the 5th tier. His manager at Barnet was Mark Robson, before he came to Norwich, and presumably rates him, and he will be well known to Neil Adams. Maybe worth an inexpensive punt. I wonder.

Didn''t he play in that infamous JPT trophy where Theoklitis missed the team bus so Norwich only had 4 subs on the bench?

But no, don''t think Norwich should go calling for Stephens (although Adams and Holt would both know him well from the academy days). Norwich may have dropped a division but not sure they quite need to go shopping in the Skrill Premier yet.

Reasonable suggestion from the OP.

The boy might have been a late developer but is seemingly making a few waves now.

Stranger re-incarnations have happened.

Thanks for the link. Ah ok, looking at the date I was out of the country for the last 4 months of 2009 which explains me missing it. Funny though. Poor Theo. He was just pretty useless in many areas.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Thanks for the link. Ah ok, looking at the date I was out of the country for the last 4 months of 2009 which explains me missing it. Funny though. Poor Theo. He was just pretty useless in many areas.[/quote]

the Fact that Lambert was prepared to have no keeper on the bench (and risk an outfield player going in goal) suggests how sh*t Theo was!