Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

I'm actually feeling more positive with today's appointments.

As the title says. I think with today''s appointments our management team has, drive and enthusiasm from Adams and Holt, and now has some experience and know how with Joe Royle. I think it''s a good mixture. They all know what the club is all about and they''ll do all they can to make it a success.

Me too!

Fair play to Adams for thinking through where his weaknesses might be and finding staff to complement these.

I hope the sum of their parts can be something good.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Perfect 10[/quote]
If this is you "feeling more positive", I''d hate to see you when you''re miserable!
[quote user="mrs miggins"]Monty, we''ve appointed Neil Adams - the person who didn''t win a game due to the way he set the team up (picked up 1 point). We''ve just got relegated and have decided ex player, ginger and manager of falkirk (scottish championship). We''ve appointed Joe Royle who''s almost dead, but likely to be on a bit to be a ''consultant'' to consult Neil Adams on how to run the first team, despite being a sh1t manager. It''s like we''ve though, ''actually no, we quite like it in the championship.'' Bl00dy useless. And thats goodnight from me as I can see a few people getting annoyed by my...lack of blind faith[/quote]

Although I think Adams is the wrong appointment, the fact is although I have major concerns (and don''t understand why a lot of you don''t) the decision to get Neil Adams in has been made and realistically its not like anyone good (or that we think is most likely to be good) will be coming to help him so its positive that we''ve finally got a back room team so that the business of players coming in/out can starts well as planning for the tough season ahead; a season where we need to get promoted back. Like I said, although i''m not happy about the appointment of the manager, who knows whats going to happen, he may turn out to be good, he may fail and end up losing in the play offs, I don''t know and nor does anyone else. All people are doing is reacting to this important news, some think its a good appointment, some think its bad and we should be aiming higher. For me, the board knew it had to be Adams'' choice once they gave him the job, so i''m just happy that we can finally start to build some good attacking football and get the results needed to finish 1st or 2nd.

I am no more or less optimistic than I was since Adams appointment was made;   Neil will still coach and pick the team and I am pleased that we have now got the coaching staff in place.   Neil and his team dont inspire me but its all about results. 

I want to see some movement now in getting/shaping the first team squad for next season,   with two key assessment points for me,   mid august when it will be clearer what our squad will be,   and c8-12 games in when we see how effective they are.

It will be a monumental (unprecedented?) achievement to get the club promoted to the prem in their maiden season as team manager/head coach. 

Yeah, I''m with ZLF on this one. 

It''s clearly a gamble by the Board to go for an inexperienced manager.  At the same time, the other managerial candidates all had major question marks against them and there was no obvious alternative that would have ticked all the boxes.

So we go with what we have, as you say by mid-Aug we''ll know what''s happening with the squad and after 10 games or so we''ll be able to come to our first judgment on how it is working out.

Some of the over-reactions on this board are ridiculous.  So, business as usual on the pinkun MB then....

mrs miggins wrote:

Perfect 10

If this is you "feeling more positive", I''d hate to see you when you''re miserable!

mrs miggins wrote:

Monty, we''ve appointed Neil Adams - the person who didn''t win a game due to the way he set the team up (picked up 1 point). We''ve just got relegated and have decided ex player, ginger and manager of falkirk (scottish championship). We''ve appointed Joe Royle who''s almost dead, but likely to be on a bit to be a ''consultant'' to consult Neil Adams on how to run the first team, despite being a s*** manager. It''s like we''ve though, ''actually no, we quite like it in the championship.'' Bl00dy useless. And thats goodnight from me as I can see a few people getting annoyed by my...lack of blind faith

For a poster to call Adams a "s*** manager",call the whole thing "B100dy useless" and then go on to say you feel positive?

Your a nutter!

What I mean is that the decision to appoint Adams is a poor one imo (but who really knows), but finally we can start planning for the season now that he''s chosen most of his back room team. Although Adams was useless in his short time as caretaker manager, I finally feel like we can move on from the main uncertainty at Carrow Road (the choice of manager and staff)