Sign in to follow this  
barclay_boy111

Hooper wanting out?

Hooper has handed in a transfer request apparently http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646454/EXCLUSIVE-Gary-Hooper-demands-transfer-Norwich-City-following-relegation.html?ico=sport%5Eheadlines

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Afraid it will be the same for everyone who can get a move to the top flight , lets be honest we are not going back up next season so why would they stay its just a job to them .[/quote]

In the case of Hooper, it won''t be the top flight and if it is it will just be a year cuz whatever team he''s on won''t score goals.

Tbh he can go Ricky was bad but Hooper was no better, anyone could score goals in scotland, I thought he was really poor. We need hungry players and if as per simon thomas has just tweeted a bid is going in for Rhodes then that is showing great intentions from thd club

Let me see now, he almost signed fro QPR before he signed for us, and our former manager now manages Villa... hum...

eap Cheap Canaries wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 8:01 PM:

Afraid it will be the same for everyone who can get a move to the top flight , lets be honest we are not going back up next season so why would they stay its just a job to them .

You certainly will not be going up next season my man, in fact you are unlikely to ever enjoy the sweet taste of the nectar of success that we are now used to.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Afraid it will be the same for everyone who can get a move to the top flight , lets be honest we are not going back up next season so why would they stay its just a job to them .[/quote]yet another post predicting gloom from a binner

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Afraid it will be the same for everyone who can get a move to the top flight , lets be honest we are not going back up next season so why would they stay its just a job to them .[/quote]yet another post predicting gloom from a binner

[/quote]Somebody really should give you a slap , theres Norwich fans and then theres Delias little yes men , you clearly know which one of the two you are . Messageboard mouth usually equates too sad little man or grumpy old age pensioner , going by the number of posts i will go for the pensioner .At least you give people a laugh on here , you really are that funny .

I can''t see why hooper gets so much stick? At this level he will put away the same amount if not more goals than jordan Rhodes and every one seems to want him.

Yes Ricky was an unbelievable flop and yet more people seem to think he will come good?!

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Afraid it will be the same for everyone who can get a move to the top flight , lets be honest we are not going back up next season so why would they stay its just a job to them .[/quote]yet another post predicting gloom from a binner

[/quote]Somebody really should give you a slap , theres Norwich fans and then theres Delias little yes men , you clearly know which one of the two you are . Messageboard mouth usually equates too sad little man or grumpy old age pensioner , going by the number of posts i will go for the pensioner .At least you give people a laugh on here , you really are that funny .[/quote]hit a raw nerve have I bin boyas to a ''slap'', any time, any placeyou are most welcome to try

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]I can''t see why hooper gets so much stick? At this level he will put away the same amount if not more goals than jordan Rhodes and every one seems to want him. Yes Ricky was an unbelievable flop and yet more people seem to think he will come good?![/quote]

I think (hope) they should both come good, if they stick around, with more positive tactics and a modicum of decent service.

Hopefully we will reject this and hope he stays

hooper simply gave up trying had limited movement but was prepared to shoot but too quickly got found out and stopped from scoring, rvw offered far better movement energy and an attempt to win the ball back that hooper didnt. Hoopers confidence was not affected, but his drive was, rvw confidence was is shot. both had an appalling season, not aided by poor tactics and poor delivery from the creative players in that tactical structure.

Both will score again but for different reasons, rvw will be the better player in the long run - both are well above average strikers in the champs and imo much better players than jordan rhodes ; for this reason both can do a good job for us this season and both should be tempted to stay by building a team to play to their strengths - but with a decent target man as an option.

Pete should borrow the club''s Cillit Bin which it uses after the paupers have been to Carrow Road as there is certainly a binfestation of halwits tonight

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]This message board needs a steam clean to rid it of the whiff of bin.[/quote]

Herman, I agree I can see Ricky improving (let''s face it it wouldn''t be hard to do) and hooper is a proven goal scorer at this level.

We need to keep hold of him but at the same time we don''t want to just throw money at an unhappy player to stay and not play at their potential.

I just hope it''s nonsense and the media are putting 2+2 together and making 10

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Herman, I agree I can see Ricky improving (let''s face it it wouldn''t be hard to do) and hooper is a proven goal scorer at this level. We need to keep hold of him but at the same time we don''t want to just throw money at an unhappy player to stay and not play at their potential. I just hope it''s nonsense and the media are putting 2+2 together and making 10[/quote]

Fair point. We don''t need another player moping about unsettling the rest of the squad.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"] hooper is a proven goal scorer at this level.[/quote]

Not really, what is it 19 goals including pens at Champs level. I''m not putting him down but don''t overcook the superlatives for a striker with fewer goals at this level than Chris Martin whom we let go

What grates me and it probably is a bit of journo embellishing, is Hooper DEMANDS transfer, now if I''m not mistaken he did sign a contract which at the time was more than happy to do.His lack of goal scoring prowess ,not totally to blame but certainly didn''t help our cause last season. Get us back up then Gary!!!!! If he doesn''t wish to be here, I personally hope he does p.ss off. Obviously not cut out for it will end up at QPR imo, and relegated end of next season.GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="BigFish"]

[quote user="barclay_boy111"] hooper is a proven goal scorer at this level.[/quote]

Not really, what is it 19 goals including pens at Champs level. I''m not putting him down but don''t overcook the superlatives for a striker with fewer goals at this level than Chris Martin whom we let go

[/quote]

Yep, for ONE SINGLE SEASON where his team was crap and finished 20th and had to chase goals. That tends to go over morons heads, and there''s plenty of them here...