Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Joe Royle, Mark Robson, Gary Holt Appointed

The dogs abuse these three guys have received on here in an hour or so far exceeds the abuse dished out to Calderwood and Trollope over two seasons. [:@]

[quote user="Private Frazer"]Senior man in the background to give advice if needed is only a good thing right?[/quote]

Has to be a good thing.  A senior man who could also step in if things go pear shaped.  He is 65,  which is not that old for a manager these days.......

[quote user="mrs miggins"]its quite old (although I don''t think he should really be judged by his age)[/quote]
65 is the new 55 these days.  

rs miggins wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 6:26 PM:

its quite old (although I don''t think he should really be judged by his age)

Subject

Stop trolling Miggins.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Just as an aside, Royle was Adams'' manager at Oldham for five years - someone who he plainly respects and knows well, which adds to the sense behind this appointment.

[/quote]

So do you think he will do as Royle say''s or will be his own man? I could see a conflict there!

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: Joe Royle, Mark Robson, Gary Holt Appointed

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: Joe Royle, Mark Robson, Gary Holt Appointed

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 6:22 PM:

The dogs abuse these three guys have received on here in an hour or so far exceeds the abuse dished out to Calderwood and Trollope over two seasons. Angry [:@]

Spot on Till, this board is infested with scummers, the sooner the season starts and we are winning games they will all be gone, thank goodness.

[quote user="Ron Manager"][quote user="lake district canary"]Just as an aside, Royle was Adams'' manager at Oldham for five years - someone who he plainly respects and knows well, which adds to the sense behind this appointment.

[/quote]

So do you think he will do as Royle say''s or will be his own man? I could see a conflict there![/quote]

Joe is one of the most respected men in football - and he isn''t a huf=ge ego like some.   Adams knows him well - and he isn''t manager, just a consultant, after all - a mentor, maybe - someone who can be there to bounce ideas off or discuss the merits of things to do with football, without ego getting in the way.  Really can''t see a problem with this one at all.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]I''d take a backroom staff of Pol Pot, Adolf Hitler and Robert Mugabe if it won us games. Lets judge this after you know, we''ve played some games.[/quote]

^^^^

THIS

So much for my idea that we needed somebody with no previous connection to the club and sweep the cobwebs away.Somehow this all feels to me a little bit incestuous and confirms my recent thoughts that we are now on the down swing.

I hope I''m wrong. [N]

Just for what it''s worth, Joe Royle isn''t being appointed in the Technical Director role renamed, that is a seperate  position and the club should be announcing soon.
"The Club plan to announce the new technical director shortly and are currently interviewing a number of candidates for the position of director of recruitment." - Official site.

Ricardo - Spot on, this is all becoming a little cozy now, my god i hope the board know what they are doing.

Agreed Ricardo, I really do think we''ve missed a great opportunity to clean out the dead wood and regroup, however, I am now more concerned about the board we have in charge as well as the football management team.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 6:34 PM:

Stop trolling Miggins.

--------------------------------------

You''re 65 aren''t you

Well, that''s finally all sorted!
Whilst I can understand peoples concern, I think that this management structure has some promise.
Adams, Holt and Robson are all regarded as good coaches and will do their best to manage the first team, getting the best out of the players available, organising coaching sessions and devising tactical plans.
Joe Royal, despite his rather strange title of ''football consultant'', is more than likely going to take the role of director of football and pretty much ticks the boxes of what many were asking for. An experienced ex-manager who can help guide and advise this young coaching staff as well as focus on tasks that are of far less importance to the manager (such as youth development, nutrition, infrastructure etc.)
Yes, it could all go t*ts up and we could sit here in sixth months time contemplating suicide as the club hurtles to League 1, or it could go very well and we could be sitting here wondering when we finish first or second.
I''m just clad that the last remnants of the coaching and team affair have finally been sorted (till the end of August anyway when Chester bu**ers off) and I can now look forward to the world cup and (hopefully) good indications in the transfer market. 

Makes perfect sense. Adams is passionate and potentially a rough diamond but inexperienced. He and the board recognise that, so they''ve brought in the right people and he now has around him one vastly experienced ex-manager he''s worked with before and two coaches he''s worked with before, one with managerial experience. All with Norwich connections/experience of one kind or another too. Good appointments for me, I''m impressed.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Well, that''s finally all sorted!
Whilst I can understand peoples concern, I think that this management structure has some promise.
Adams, Holt and Robson are all regarded as good coaches and will do their best to manage the first team, getting the best out of the players available, organising coaching sessions and devising tactical plans.
Joe Royal, despite his rather strange title of ''football consultant'', is more than likely going to take the role of director of football and pretty much ticks the boxes of what many were asking for. An experienced ex-manager who can help guide and advise this young coaching staff as well as focus on tasks that are of far less importance to the manager (such as youth development, nutrition, infrastructure etc.)
Yes, it could all go t*ts up and we could sit here in sixth months time contemplating suicide as the club hurtles to League 1, or it could go very well and we could be sitting here wondering when we finish first or second.
I''m just clad that the last remnants of the coaching and team affair have finally been sorted (till the end of August anyway when Chester bu**ers off) and I can now look forward to the world cup and (hopefully) good indications in the transfer market. 
[/quote]
Scratch that. Just read the full Norwich statement where they are going to appoint a new technical director shortly. Ignore everything in red!

Just as an aside, Royle was Adams'' manager at Oldham for five years - someone who he plainly respects and knows well, which adds to the sense behind this appointment.

Or alternatively it may prove harder to untangle the Managerial set up and establish a clear chain of command as Neil Adams''s old Manager is now his consultant or mentor or what is he??

[quote user="militantcanary"]Just as an aside, Royle was Adams'' manager at Oldham for five years - someone who he plainly respects and knows well, which adds to the sense behind this appointment.

Or alternatively it may prove harder to untangle the Managerial set up and establish a clear chain of command as Neil Adams''s old Manager is now his consultant or mentor or what is he??[/quote]
Adams is the manager. He makes all the decisions regarding first team activity. Royle, as an experianced manager and a man Adams respects, will offer his advice when asked for and try to guide Adams through a difficult transition period from Coach to manager. He is in no way senior to Adams.

I''m not sure that Pol Pot, Adolf Hitler or Robert Mugabe have any football experience between them.

I would suggest Albert Camus as goalkeeping coach, Len Murray to guide the strikers and Winston Churchill to organise the defense. Just don''t make Ed Balls the Finance Director.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Well, that''s finally all sorted!
[/quote]
Scratch that. Just read the full Norwich statement where they are going to appoint a new technical director shortly. Ignore everything in red!
[/quote]Except I wouldn''t necessarily ignore the first part in red. The interesting question is whether Royle is going to act as football consultant purely to Adams, or to the board as well, as a possibly occasional director of football (albeit without the title). It would seem odd to have someone with that amount of experience on the staff and not use them.Overall, the team being assembled looks decent enough. I was worried that both the coaches would be promoted from within, but the choice of Holt has put paid to that fear. And I do think Royle is a cute move.The other crucial appointment is that of chief scout, or head of recruitment. We need someone good there.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Just as an aside, Royle was Adams'' manager at Oldham for five years - someone who he plainly respects and knows well, which adds to the sense behind this appointment.

[/quote]Yup, and the article suggests Adams was the driving force behind him coming to join us. Very very canny decision.

There really are some "special" people on this board. How about we let Adams and team make some signing and play a few games before we judge them?

This team has an excellent balance, Adams has the technical knowledge, UEFA badge, a sound understanding of strategy and tactical thinking in the modern game together with an outstanding ability to develop young quality players.

Holty has a bit more knowledge and recent success in management together with excellent motivational skills, and old man Royal is steeped in the game and has a wealth of knowledge and experience to contibute.

This looks like a really well balanced and exciting management team, not full of big flash names that of course are required to satisfy the "plastics" lol, but a good solid group that I hope will satisfy those that are able to sit down and actually consider what we have built here.

Very pleased!

I''m happy enough with this line up - Adams wasn''t my first choice but he''s brought in a good mix around him including vast amounts of experience to tap into in Royle, which could be just what he needs. Those who can''t see past Royle''s Binner stint really ought to take off their blinkers - he was a Norwich player and POTS winner long before he was there, also being voted into our hall of fame.

Of course it might not work out, but NA should be given a chance before being written off - slating each and every decision he makes before we kick a ball is both tedious and pretty stupid.