Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Joe Royle, Mark Robson, Gary Holt Appointed

How old is Joe Royle? Suppose he can do it from the comfort of his own home. Just speak to Neil on the phone or if he needs to speak to the team - speakerphone or Skype. Bloody hell.

All the appointments make sense to me so far, so Holt isn''t assistant Manager then? or is he effectively if we aren''t appointing one?

Football consultant sounds like a far less undermining title for a DoF, or is it just me? With Everton supposedly offering him a role it''s a bit of a coup to have Royale onboard and hopefully should appease some of the supporters unhappy about the lack of experience.

I was almost certain Ricky Martin was going to be the TD, but if he is, i''m surprised it hasn''t been announced at the same time.

Yep and Nutty Nigel is the new kit man! Bo*locks!

appears the club are firmly seperating the management side from the coaching side of thingslet one deal with getting the players in fit and nentally prepared whilst the other works on coaching and the gamewas this one of the failings identified from last season ?

Genuinely excited by this.  Joe Royle is a fantastic person top have on board.  A superb and passionate manager in his day and at 65 he''s not beyond being manager himself.   A devotee of attractive and enterprising football and an ex-Norwich player of course, he will be terrific in helping keep a positive atmosphere.  His only mistake was going to manage Ipswich when they started on their downward spiral and was kyboshed by the financial situation there.  That apart his experience can only help us. 

Holt has some experience to offer as well having left Norwich and a great character.

Bring it on!

I wish Brienne was here to tell me it is going to be all right that we''ve signed a ginger wizard and a failed manager who''s been out of the game for 12 years.

I''m shocked at what''s happend at this club since April.

Every decision has smacked of cost saving with zero ambition. I thought we were beginning to lose the little Norwich Tag. Perhaps Delia and co like us to be known as this.

It''s really quite pathetic. I firmly believe the clubs rise in recent years was 99% due to Lambert, with 1% of the credit going to McNally for appointing him.

Since the appointment of Lambert, McNally and co have got things terribly wrong. We made a lucky appointment with Lambert.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 5:44 PM:

Genuinely excited by this. Joe Royle is a fantastic person top have on board. A superb and passionate manager in his day and at 65 he''s not beyond being manager himself. A devotee of attractive and enterprising football and an ex-Norwich player of course, he will be terrific in helping keep a positive atmosphere.

---------------------------------------------------------------

mmm, can''t tell if serious or not

Have to agree LDC, it sounds like a good mix to me, each of these guys brings different qualities and if they are able to blend and work together, which I am confident they will, it could be an excellent team.

Very excited about next season.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I wish Brienne was here to tell me it is going to be all right that we''ve signed a ginger wizard and a failed manager who''s been out of the game for 12 years.[/quote]

Rubbish.  He only really failed at Ipswich - and there were plenty of reasons for that - his ability not one of them - and he managed Oldham as recently as 2009.    He''s not being made manager ffs, just a consultant.   A good person to have around imo.

Royle was good enough for Martinez and Everton

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-legend-joe-royle-7019891

ke district canary wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 5:49 PM:

mrs miggins wrote:

I wish Brienne was here to tell me it is going to be all right that we''ve signed a ginger wizard and a failed manager who''s been out of the game for 12 years.

Rubbish. He only really failed at Ipswich - and there were plenty of reasons for that - his ability not one of them - and he managed Oldham as recently as 2009. He''s not being made manager ffs, just a consultant. A good person to have around imo.

Spot on, JR has had a very good career as a player and manager, there seem to be an element on here whose only purpose in life is to knock the club.

So let me get this right.

NA is too inexperienced to manage our mighty club.

GH is equally lacking in stardust to be a coach here.

JR is too old and therefore overly exprienced at to be at our club. A backward step.

Mark Robson is what? Not Malky, Zola or any other sacked employee of a footbball club?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He was a terrible manager LDC and not very successful. [/quote]

As manager won the FA Cup at Everton, won the play off Final with Man City and even got the Scum into the play offs twice.

Yeah terrible indeed and I won''t bother to ask you to back up your '' out of the game for 12 years'' nonsense.

[quote user="Norwich4life"]I give up I honestly give up. Is this board trying to alienate the fans. Appointing an ex-binner manager into our management team.

Things are going from bad to much worse.[/quote]

Some people I am sure live in a shoe box - with a horizon no bigger than the lid.   These appointments are no less likely to do well than if we had got SAF out of retirement.  The least we can do is recognise their attributes, experience and character and see that this could be the start of something very good for our club.   As for being a manager of the binners - we should feel sorry for him, because they treated him pretty shabbily - not berate him for trying to do pursue his career.

Bizzare all this fuss other an Assistant Manager- do you think Burnley only went up due to the actions of Ian Woan? What about Leicester? I''m not a huge fan of the Adam''s appointment but if we are going to have a meltdown over every single decision he makes then this summer is going to be unbearable.

Pleased about ''three lungs'' on board .

[quote user="Wiz"]Pleased about ''three lungs'' on board .[/quote]That means you''ll want him "out" tomorrow then. [;)]

Nothing has changed since this morning; the question of how well we are likely to do will be told by mid august when it is clearer what the squad looks like, leavers, signings etc.

We now have a football management committee - so get those signings started - a centre back & a target man to start please...