Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Why no defensive coach?

During Hughton''s reign we were regularly told on here by highly respected and knowledgeable posters that the reason for our failure was because all our coaches had been defenders as players and therefore, knew nothing about attacking.In a complete reversal of that, we now have an attacking midfielder, a winger and a striker running the show so by using the same analogy, no-one who has a clue about defending.Surely this means we''ll always be shipping goals and having to chase games if we are to get anything from them?Not looking good for next season because we don''t have a defensive coach to teach the defenders how to defend. [:''(]

Made me smile this did.........maybe Craig Fleming would be interested in leaving Lowestoft for said position? 

Personally I would welcome a coach from France to show players how to ''run the channels'' - and maybe someone from the local laundry to help the players with pressing

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

We should get the rapper Plan B in.

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]I can''t believe you just called Gary Holt an "attacking midfielder".[/quote]I meant Mark Robson. I forgot about Holt. [:)]

what about an offensive coach someone who could say "oi, you cant shift your far kin ar se"or "oi, you clog hopper, score some bleedin'' goals before I lump you one "and makes some unkind remarks about Delias drinking or McNally''s height ... or the size of Holt''s lugs

[quote user="lappinitup"]During Hughton''s reign we were regularly told on here by highly respected and knowledgeable posters that the reason for our failure was because all our coaches had been defenders as players and therefore, knew nothing about attacking.In a complete reversal of that, we now have an attacking midfielder, a winger and a striker running the show so by using the same analogy, no-one who has a clue about defending.Surely this means we''ll always be shipping goals and having to chase games if we are to get anything from them?Not looking good for next season because we don''t have a defensive coach to teach the defenders how to defend. [:''(][/quote]Someone did point out that for all the defensive pedigrees of last year''s coaching staff, we still shipped the third highest number of goals. Best way of relieving the pressure on our defense is to give the other team''s defense something to think about.

they did that last season..................by getting the opposition wondering if any of our lot were allowed over the half way lineotherwise ''up and at ''emand this is what you do right up till the final whistleenjoybring back the good times

Been there, done it, failed.

If Hughton is a prime example of a defensive coach, then best give it a rest for a while...........

[quote user="City1st"]they did that last season..................by getting the opposition wondering if any of our lot were allowed over the half way line[/quote]lol. Like it. [y]