Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

I'm buying into it...

A young and progressive manager who has worked wonders in our youth system, stepping up to coincide with our brightest crop of talented kids for over twenty years beginning to integrate with the first team.

An experienced, successful, well respected former manager in to assist. Who most importantly is fond of ATTACKING and ATTRACTIVE football.

Two men with belief who believe that anything can be achieved, Joe Royle got Oldham to the Premier League.

Gary Holt a coach who won''t put up with any nonsense, former army man who won''t tolerate anybody who isn''t willing to put blood, sweat and tears into their training.

We''ve swapped Trollope and Caldwerwood (two failed managers) with Royle and Holt. What is not to like?

I am surprised that the forum police have not smashed down your door and dragged you away for your subversive optimism.

I agree with you.

How dare you.Mrs Miggins will be after you for posting such rubbish.PSI am looking forward to next season

Regardless of personnel the whole New approach and set up is quite intriguing and I don''t think we''ve ever seen anything like it at Carrow Road before. I''m looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

On the basis that a huge number of us bought our 2014-15 season tickets with us as a Premier league club and with Chris Hughton as manager, and since then we have become Championship Club with Adams, Holt and Royle as managers, then ,with all due respect to the OP, we have little choice but to ''buy in'' to this new arrangement.

You had a choice whether to renew a year ago for a second season under Hughton Reggie, plenty of people renewed despite not liking him, so not sure I buy your argument. Especially as the demand will be there for you to sell your season ticket if you wanted to, still people on a waiting list.

I know somebody who would give you face value and let you keep the ticket in your name for renewal next season, PM me if you want to sell it.

There is your choice.

I''m semi buying into it. I was not that happy with Adams being appointed but I think he will be popular with the players and Royle is a good guy to have about the place. My doubts still revolve around our ability to hold into our best players with Adams as boss so I guess until the summers transfer activity has run its course and we are back playing and hopefully winning I will be apprehensive. I expect to lose 5 or 6 players but if 3 or 4 from Ruddy, Olsson, Snod, Redmond, Hooper, Pilks, Wes and Fer remain then I will be very confident about next season. If nearly all of the above are go e though I will be quite dispirited.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]You had a choice whether to renew a year ago for a second season under Hughton Reggie, plenty of people renewed despite not liking him, so not sure I buy your argument. Especially as the demand will be there for you to sell your season ticket if you wanted to, still people on a waiting list.

I know somebody who would give you face value and let you keep the ticket in your name for renewal next season, PM me if you want to sell it.

There is your choice.[/quote]Don''t really care whether you ''buy'' my argument or not, GM.You totally miss the point. I am a NCFC supporter through and through. A season ticket holder for over 35 years, so my having a season ticket is non negociable. Why do you think I''d sell it to you, for face or any other value?Just to clarify.....the OP has decided that he''s buying into this new regime. All I''m saying is that, given that the renewals were before they were appointed, then we all have very little choice in that regard, so it''s a rather pointless statement to make.

It all makes sense, and answers those (many?) doubters who constantly complain that Adams has no experience, He now has to advise him the man who managed Adams himself, and who shares his pursuit of attractive attacking football.

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]

Can''t do anything about it either way anyway, so might as well accept it and save some stress.

[/quote]Pretty much the point I was trying to make, Louie.......

where''s the ''like'' button on this forum?bring on August!

Yes, great to see some optimism again! Though amazed when Adams was appointed, this new management structure makes sense to me. Looking forward to the new season now.

Roll on August - its only ever really been about how well the team plays,    perform well and win games is all we ask for.

COYY

Not sure if you are being facetious Reggie or whether you have truly never heard the phrase "I''m not buying it", or similar, which doesn''t have to involve the exchange of cash.

Phrasal Verbs:

buy into

1. To acquire a stake or interest in: bought into a risky real estate venture.

2. Informal To believe in, especially wholeheartedly or uncritically: couldn''t buy into that brand of conservatism.

Neil Adams has obviously been reading the PinkUn forum this morning... just said on a video that Gary Holt doesn''t take any nonsense from players on the training pitch, and that discipline stems from his army days.

HI NEIL!

Feel free to give me a job as your speech writer.

TBH I don''t know what my feelings are or should be on this. On the one hand I am underwhelmed by the absence of a "name", on the other I can just about see some of the logic. Just because Adams isn''t someone else doesn''t mean he is not the right man- most of those appearing in the lists of possible new managers would all have been risks. Why burden yourself with some unknown risk rather than your own, better known, risk? But then Adams doesn''t have the contacts or experience and can''t rely on Uncle Joe to tell him what to do or say on a daily basis, and is Uncle Joe in tune with the demands of modern football? But then Neil knows the youth team, which has to be good surely? And Gary had three lungs, so could run even further than Bradley Johnson, that surely is good?

So I have absolutely no idea whether these are good, bad or indifferent appointments and I have no idea what will happen come August. But then I wouldn''t have had a clue had Lennon or Mackay or Tom Cobbly taken over. It is undeniably very interesting though.

I''m not sure if I buy into it as such, I still think there is a significant chance this could all go t*ts up, but I don''t see the point in b**hing about it now nor do I think it is a guaranteed failure, as some (quite illogically) seem to think.
I guess you could say that I''m going to wait and see how the rest of the summer plays out and wait until I actually watch the team play before making a decision as to whether this is a good or bad idea.