Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

The Technical Director.

Why are people still confusing the role of Technical Director with what we are not looking for, a Director of Football.

The Technical Director role looks to be an upgrade to what Ricky Martin already does for the Academy and i''ll be surprised if it''s not him that gets the job. (After we''ve searched the universe for the right person)

ADAMS ON… THE ROLE OF THE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

“People look at a technical director in terms of what they’ve seen at other clubs – someone there who’s making football decisions, but that isn’t the case here. It’s a technical director in name, it’s not a director of football if you like. The technical director will be taking things off my hands and allow me to go and concentrate on managing the football team. Things like the nutrition and hydration, their rest and well-being, and the running of the training ground, things like that. It’s someone who’s going to help immensely, but it’s not someone who’s going to make decision directly regarding the first team. That’s obviously my remit with the coaches".

There is some confusion here, the TD is the sort of role that Ricky M could fill. As for JR, it could well be that Neil has recognised that a more experienced man to assist him would be valuable. Good on him I say.

I agree - many seem to have confused things, and I can''t help but think we will get a lot of wailing and whingeing when it isn''t a ''name'' (and quite possibly Ricky Martin) appointed. But the role seems to be very much "admin" related in its widest form, and just what Martin has been up to for the Academy (I did wonder if it was a role that Karsa did under PL).

As for Royle, I see him as a bit of a mentor for Adams, who can use him as a sounding board and get advice/guidance from someone he trusts and who has bags of experience. Perhaps it is a wider ranging role than just a mentor, but not dissimilar and very much geared to the football.

Can''t disagree with that. This situation has created a lot of dissonance. Some say that there is a lack of experience in the new setup and in the next breath call JR too old. Odd really.