Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Jamar Loza called up by Jamaica!

Jamar Loza has joined the full national team squad (as in not u21s or a youth team) for their upcoming fixture against Egypt, replacing injured players.
Congrats Jamar!!
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Norwich-City-s-Loza-joins-Reggae-Boyz-band_16779035?

*You have to say that this looks the weakest (insert name) squad we''ve seen for a good long time. Take Players name, players name and players name out of it and it appears ordinary at best.

I know that Players name and Players name have pulled out, but I''m sure if they had been available then a guy who was by no means assured of a place in a struggling Norwich team would not have made the 23

Or

*That''s fantastic Jamar, well done you, I hope this is the start of bigger and better things to come

*Delete as applicable

[quote user="crabbycanary"]*You have to say that this looks the weakest (insert name) squad we''ve seen for a good long time. Take Players name, players name and players name out of it and it appears ordinary at best. I know that Players name and Players name have pulled out, but I''m sure if they had been available then a guy who was by no means assured of a place in a struggling Norwich team would not have made the 23 Or *That''s fantastic Jamar, well done you, I hope this is the start of bigger and better things to come *Delete as applicable[/quote]

Schafer out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Jamar. Quite excited by this kid. Let''s hope he gets a few games this season.

Excellent news. Hope to see a lot more of the lad next season, exciting times under the new manager to look forward to.

No disrespect to Jamaica but if he is able to play for england isn''t he better to hold off for a few years after all he''s more likely to play I''m a World Cup. If after 5 years he''s not getting near the England squad then opt for Jamaica he would still be young

[quote user="Dave"]No disrespect to Jamaica but if he is able to play for england isn''t he better to hold off for a few years after all he''s more likely to play I''m a World Cup. If after 5 years he''s not getting near the England squad then opt for Jamaica he would still be young[/quote]
Maybe he''s not a mercenary and wants to play for the country of his birth, and the nation he feels he belongs to? The quoted comment above sums up everything wrong with international football.

Fair play Jamar, well done.

However the cynical part of me says this is Jamaica claiming him by capping him. Hedging their bets so they have him should be become good.

Who''s to say Jamaica can''t make the world cup again anyway? They were there recently and if they got a glut of decent players through they would probably make it again. They basically need to out qualify Costa Rica and Honduras.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Dave"]No disrespect to Jamaica but if he is able to play for england isn''t he better to hold off for a few years after all he''s more likely to play I''m a World Cup. If after 5 years he''s not getting near the England squad then opt for Jamaica he would still be young[/quote]
Maybe he''s not a mercenary and wants to play for the country of his birth, and the nation he feels he belongs to? The quoted comment above sums up everything wrong with international football.
[/quote]

Nothing mercenary about it you a player is eligible to play for more than 1 country why shouldnt he opt for the best to make the most out of a career that usually does not last more that 15-20 years

[quote user="Dave"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Dave"]No disrespect to Jamaica but if he is able to play for england isn''t he better to hold off for a few years after all he''s more likely to play I''m a World Cup. If after 5 years he''s not getting near the England squad then opt for Jamaica he would still be young[/quote]
[/quote]

Nothing mercenary about it you a player is eligible to play for more than 1 country why shouldnt he opt for the best to make the most out of a career that usually does not last more that 15-20 years[/quote]
Depends on your definition of "making the most". Neither nation are likely to win a trophy so there''s no real glory or prestige to be gained from it. If he is any good he will be a national hero in Jamaica and one of the stars of their team. If he opts for England he will be hounded and harangued by the press at every turn. If the criteria he is using is based on who is likely to achieve more, as opposed to what he feels is right, then yes, that is mercenary. 
It''s a little bit arrogant to assume that given the choice, it should be a no-brainer. I can think of a million reasons why he wouldn''t want to play for either team but this policy of selecting as if it were a club team choice really irks me. It''s your f**king nationality, you should play for pride, nothing else. You should wear whichever shirt that would fill you with pride and emotion every time you pull it on, not "well, I might get a few more WC games out of it if I choose this country." It should not be a decision based on any logic or criteria, it should just be that you know what you feel is the right thing to do. If you are basing the choice on anything else, then it is mercenary at it''s core.
As I said, it''s incredibly arrogant to adopt the "why would he choose anyone else" attitude.