Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

Joe Royal ?? Are you f****g Joking ??

How is this guy relevant to football ?

He was a throw back years ago, and now joins the club as a consulltant ??

Fooking amature hour is getting worse and worse at our club.

I never banded the cheap word around when comenting about the board.

But jesus, this whole thing STINKS of cheap.

We are a laughing stock.

Money to burn and this is wha the board come up with ??

Oh my days. Division 1 beckons. Come in DOWN !!!!

“With more and more clubs in financial trouble, more and

more managers are going to have to know how to manage. How to turn poor

players into good ones and how to make the good ones even better. Joe

Royle is excellent on both counts – that is his forte.”

- Sir Alex Ferguson

[quote user="lappinitup"]

“With more and more clubs in financial trouble, more and

more managers are going to have to know how to manage. How to turn poor

players into good ones and how to make the good ones even better. Joe

Royle is excellent on both counts – that is his forte.”

- Sir Alex Ferguson

[/quote]
Yeah, well, what does he know about football?

Another binner pops up, are you f***ing joking.

If that''s a genuine quote Lappin, then it speaks volumes. I like the fact Adams has been quite brave in getting in Royle, who potentially could be a threat to him, but doubtless has a lot of knowledge to impart.

Things will be interesting next season anyway...

Joe Royle : "I never disrespected Norwich when I was manager of Ipswich".........just apart from that time when was asked after the derby when Danny Haynes punched the winner in against us, "Did you think it was handball?"  , to which he replied, whilst smiling "I hope it was!"

....I haven''t and won''t forget that one........get him out of this club now together with this incompetent board of directors.

What a stupid thing for the board to do!

Appoint someone who knows about football when there are all these experts out here.

So what if he managed Ipswich? They do the job they are paid for and who they played or managed before does not have a bearing on it. (Sorry, I forgot about Lee Clark).

And his age has nothing to do with it. He is younger than Ferguson and Wenger!

"Joe Royle will not be making a dramatic return to Everton - for now at least - after agreeing a deal to join Norwich.

The former Everton striker and

manager has agreed to become ''football consultant'' at the recently

relegated Canaries, now managed by another for Toffee Neil Adams.

Former midfielder Adams is familiar with Royle after playing under him at Oldham Athletic in the late ''80s and early ''90s.

Royle scored more than 100

goals for Everton between 1966 and 1975 before returning to the club as

manager between 1994 and 1997.

He remains the last Everton boss to win major silverware after the team''s famous 1995 FA Cup win.

Speculation in the local press a

few months ago suggested that Royle was poised to return as a member of

Roberto Martinez''s backroom team, with a focus on developing young

players.

Martinez told the Liverpool Echo back in April that he would "love" Royle to join Everton, but those hopes have now been dashed.

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2014/6/2/5773154/everton-miss-out-on-royle-appointment

Come on Lappin stop posting all these great managers saying nice things, he managed Ipswich once he must be rubbish!! ;)

Tremendous success as both a player and a manager. Brings an absolute wealth of knowledge and experience to the club.I''m actually quite happy with the introduction of him and Holt to the club. As someone said earlier, there definitely won''t be any shirking going on it training with ''3 lungs'' in charge.Add to that Neil Adams. A good young (in manager terms) up and coming coach with everything to prove.Get rid of those who don''t want to be here, add some guile and steel to the squad, develop and bring through some very exciting youngsters.Exciting times ahead for my money. It feels like a re-birth, and it feels like our club is coming back to us.Bring it on!OTBC[Y]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Tremendous success as both a player and a manager. Brings an absolute wealth of knowledge and experience to the club.

I''m actually quite happy with the introduction of him and Holt to the club. As someone said earlier, there definitely won''t be any shirking going on it training with ''3 lungs'' in charge.

Add to that Neil Adams. A good young (in manager terms) up and coming coach with everything to prove.

Get rid of those who don''t want to be here, add some guile and steel to the squad, develop and bring through some very exciting youngsters.

Exciting times ahead for my money. It feels like a re-birth, and it feels like our club is coming back to us.

Bring it on!

OTBC

[Y]

all I can say is you must be easily pleased?............what "honestly" would your reaction have been 2 weeks ago if you were told Adams was going to be manager with Joe f**king Royle here aswell\?!?

[/quote]

So who''s opinion is most valid and based on a fairly sound knowledge of football and expertise in same?

Upset Norwich fans who think the appointment of Royle has made us a "laughing stock" (and once again-we''re not, no-one else cares or is taking any notice) or someone like Sir Alex Ferguson?

Think I''ll side with Fergies opinion on this one.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

So who''s opinion is most valid and based on a fairly sound knowledge of football and expertise in same?

Upset Norwich fans who think the appointment of Royle has made us a "laughing stock" (and once again-we''re not, no-one else cares or is taking any notice) or someone like Sir Alex Ferguson?

[/quote]

how did his choice of successor at Man Utd go?!

"it is also overlooked that Neil Adams was at Oldham for 5 years whilst Joe Royle was manager"

I think you mean halfwitted binners trying to pretend to be City fansThat is one of the drawbacks of being in the Championshiprather like being at Glastonbury, the whole event can be fun but like the toilets you have the binnersnot very bright and full of sh it

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you''ll judge Ferguson on that rather than the trophies he won at Man Utd (and Aberdeen)?

That all counts for nothing because he recommended Moyes?

How do we know that Moyes wouldn''t have worked out there?

They gave Ferguson more than one season after all!

Those dismissing Royle seem to have two arguments against his appointment- firstly, "he''s been out of the game for years" -he hasn''t been a manager for some years, does that equate to him not being in the game? Secondly, "he used to be a Binner" to which I can only say "give me fucking strength" because that argument is ridiculous.

Who should we have appointed? Lets assume there were better candidates for the position than Royle? Who are they? If names can''t be given, what sort of footballing "CV" should they have; if the board haven''t been ''ambitious'' with their choices then what sort of appointment would have signified ambition?

We once appointed a Manager who was sacked by Livingstone for only winning two games in the short and distinctly unimpressive spell he had at the club, that same Manager whose career peak as one was losing in the League Two play offs and subsequently resigning before leading his next club to ''mere'' mid-table in League One the following season. What the outrage must have been at our appointing him, what with that mediocre record. But it didn''t turn out too badly.

I don''t understand how todays appointments signify this "lack of ambition" that we keep hearing about. What would be ambition, who, someone, please define it, because I''m lost on that one.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Joe Royle : "I never disrespected Norwich when I was manager of Ipswich".........just apart from that time when was asked after the derby when Danny Haynes punched the winner in against us, "Did you think it was handball?"  , to which he replied, whilst smiling "I hope it was!"

....I haven''t and won''t forget that one........get him out of this club now together with this incompetent board of directors.

[/quote]Mind you, the press credited Gary Goherty with an own goal for that one and Hayne''s was claiming it. Lose the derby with an inept own goal or cheated by a dirty handballing binner? Think the latter interpretation is slightly better for the pride on the whole!

I''m chuffed with this appointment!

Having predicted Joe Royle would be Technical Director I nearly got it right! NA needs a team around him - and who better than someone he trusts? Gary Holt & Joe Royle should both dovetail in well.

I think it depends how old you are. I''m 35 now, and was just leaving primary school when Joe Royle was in his Oldham heydays. Dennis Irwin, Earl Barrett, Paul Warhurst, Rick Holden, Mike Milligan, Neil Adams, etc etc. I could probably name their first 16 because they had so many good players. Players developed by Joe Royle.Royle''s Oldham got the the League Cup final, and the FA Cup semi-final in the same year, giving Man United one hell of a scare in the process. I''m not surprised Alex Ferguson rated him so highly. Then he won the FA Cup with Everton and took Man City up from league One back to the Premiership. I''m too young for his Barry Butler trophy winning days and NCFC Hall of Fame exploits, but it does seem everyone''s judging Joe Royle purely because he managed Ipswich. I think it''s solid appointment, crucially because he''s someone Neil Adams respects and will have to work closely with.

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: Joe Royal ?? Are you f****g Joking ??

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: Joe Royal ?? Are you f****g Joking ??

Norfolk Mustard wrote the following post at 02/06/2014 10:28 PM:

I''m chuffed with this appointment!

Having predicted Joe Royle would be Technical Director I nearly got it right! NA needs a team around him - and who better than someone he trusts? Gary Holt & Joe Royle should both dovetail in well.

Good shout Norfolk

That Oldham team Royle modelled were terrific and he had great success at other clubs. As a player he represented England at most levels and was terrific for Everton and loved at all his clubs including Man Citeh and Bristol City for whom he scored 4 goals on his debut. Although he was only with us for 44 games I''m sure we hold a place close to his heart because despite his distinguished career Norwich were the only club where he was POTS.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sacked for daring to finish outside the CL spots in his first season with an acknowledged aging squad.

And now Adams is being put under exactly the same pressure by the boo boy never happy section at CR.