Sign in to follow this  
#

Has Adams invited a cuckoo into the nest?

Royle has shed loads of experience at all levels so I hope our Niyal doesn''t suffer from paranoia.

Has the turkey just voted for Christmas?

Good question.....but...NO...he has actually now got an excellent man in who he trusts fully and who will provide the necessary guidance, and who is very unlikely to want to step in to Neil''s shoes at this stage of his life/career, its a bit of a "win-win" isnt it.

Hope Adams is a success but if he fails to get results I would think Royle would be his replacement, even if temporary.

Tbh if Adam''s left and we are appointing from within I would have Gary Holt above Royle in the pecking order as the younger, up and coming guy.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Royle has shed loads of experience at all levels so I hope our Niyal doesn''t suffer from paranoia.

[/quote]so can we expect to see you at Carrow Road this season ?(I''m sure someone would be happy to give you directions ............... of the polite kind, that is)

We''ve got a turkey who''s invited a cuckoo into a canaries nest, I''ll let Chris Packham know.

Do we still play at the Nest ?Did it have three stands without roofs ?It was close to the cathedral so you would have been able to see it quite easily"Ferry, cross the Wensum............ "

curiously a cuckoo is a bird that is in the wrong nestthere''s a surprise

[quote user="Private Frazer"]The cuckoo comes in April

Sings a song in May

in the middle of June changes his tune

And July he flys away (but pops back)[/quote]our own Poet (John) Lauriete

otherwise made me chuckle

The cuckoo is a funny bird, who sits in the grass,With his wings neatly folded, and his beak stuck up his ass.In this strange position, he can only say "Twit Twit"''Cause it''s hard to say "Cuckoo" with a beak full of  s h i t. [:S]

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Obviously Wiz quitting this board didn''t last long[/quote]

Unfortunately not - just more attention seeking from a sad old man.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Good question.....but...NO...he has actually now got an excellent man in who he trusts fully and who will provide the necessary guidance, and who is very unlikely to want to step in to Neil''s shoes at this stage of his life/career, its a bit of a "win-win" isnt it.[/quote]

Yes Mark, I take your point but what alarms me is that maybe the board privately do not have the same confidence in Adams as they say in public.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Good question.....but...NO...he has actually now got an excellent man in who he trusts fully and who will provide the necessary guidance, and who is very unlikely to want to step in to Neil''s shoes at this stage of his life/career, its a bit of a "win-win" isnt it.[/quote]

Yes Mark, I take your point but what alarms me is that maybe the board privately do not have the same confidence in Adams as they say in public.

[/quote]Joe Royle: “[Neil Adams] called me as soon as he got the job, asked me if I wanted to join him and I just said ‘I’m there’."The board are obviously happy with it, hence it''s happening, but it''s quite clear that Joe Royle is primarily Adams'' own initiative. 

GrantsMoustache

mentioned that Brendan Rodgers started off in management at Watford with Frank Lampard senior as his Football Consultant, with the exact same job title. On reflection, Rodgers was pretty complimentary about Adams after we played them. I wonder if it was Rodgers suggestion to Neil?

Nothing wrong with the OP.

I don''t agree Wiz as I think that we are attempting to build a talented team around the manager who may also be able to supply consistancy if the prime appointment does''nt work out.

I like the idea of a strong structure but only it is not undermined.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]Nothing wrong with the OP. I don''t agree Wiz as I think that we are attempting to build a talented team around the manager who may also be able to supply consistancy if the prime appointment does''nt work out. I like the idea of a strong structure but only it is not undermined.[/quote]

Thats my concern too Bristol.

Adams has to be the leader of this group. If he is able to do that I believe that this could be a very strong set up as opposed to the previous nonsense under CH. The board have hopefully learnt lessons from the previous regime.We''ll see.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Did you get an invite then Wiz? The class cuckoo fan all dense people should aspire to. All mouth, nothing else yet daft as a toilet brush.

[quote user="lappinitup"]The cuckoo is a funny bird, who sits in the grass,With his wings neatly folded, and his beak stuck up his ass.In this strange position, he can only say "Twit Twit"''Cause it''s hard to say "Cuckoo" with a beak full of  s h i t. [:S][/quote]

[:D]