Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Who would you ship out?

I might be rather unusual in this, but I still feel like this crop of players has far more potential than it showed and that due to tactics, we''ve far freom seen the best of these players. Consequently, Im very reluctant to see any of them leave. If we were under no financial pressure to sell, and there werent players desperate to leave I wouldnt make wholesale changes. I don think the players are poor, I think tactics made them poor.

I would probably only sell one player, and that would be Snodgrass. No doubting his commitment, but he does somewhat unbalance the side for me and in that right wing position is blocking the development of several other players. He is probably one of only a few players who have enhanced their reputation. I know contract is an issue, but I feel we could get a decent profit on him and, despite him being a good player, Im not sure the team would be too harmed. I would try and keep everybody else, and if theyre not doing the business come January, flog them then, when arguably prices are inflated anyway.

But who would you ship out?

As a fair number of us have been saying for quite a while now the vast majority of this squad are intrinsically very good players, or at least have the potential to be . In most cases it''s been the ridiculous coaching techniques, tactics and selection policy of the previous management that''s held them back.There has been a lot of debate about Snodgrass recently, so there''s no point in going over old ground. Suffice to say, I''d include him in the above category.Another example is RvW. He hasn''t just become cr@p player overnight, and I have absolutely no doubt that if he stays and is coached and utilised sensibly and to his strengths, he could bag a hatful of goals in the Championship.What Adams and his team have to assess is, given that most are good enough, whether they are a, committed enough and b, consistent enough.

I would start with Bassong and Fer. Those are the only two i wouldn''t mind leaving at this stage.

Then I would be looking at those players who don''t have the commitment to the cause. sadly, i suspect players like Tettey, wes, pilks and RVW will be on that list. (not that i want any of them to leave.)

I would also be looking at Snodgrass. Again, not because i dont want him to stay, but because he has 1yr left on his contract and his head WILL be turned during the transfer window. He won''t fancy a season in the second tier if he can jump ship back to the prem. we need people desperate to fight for the cause.

I would like to see us fight hard to hang on to as many as possible though. especially Olsson and Hoops.

Bassong

Fer

Snodgrass

RVW

If Becchio, Pilkington & Hoolahan were commited and wanted to stay i would definately keep them.

I think its vitally important we keep Ruddy, Olsson, Redmond & Hooper.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]First Wizard gets my vote.

Senile old ****.
[/quote]

Huzzah! [:D]

I''d ship out RvW as I don''t see him coming good in the Championship and I wouldn''t be that sad to see Bassong go. Also not sold on Whittaker but he can do a job at this level.

I dont think there is anyone in the squad that wont give us something this season - so a nil return for me.

RvW and Fer are good players .......... otherwise they would not be Dutch internationals, keep them both.

Bassong has lost heart for the club and can go.

Snodgrass unbalances the team and can go.

Wes seems he doesn''t want to be here and can go.

Pilkington seems he doesn''t want to be here and can go.

Some of the lesser ''squad'' members need to go to make room for up and coming youth players.

If we keep the following players and build around it I think we will have a great chance.

Ruddy

Bennett

Olsson

Martin

Howson

Redmond

Hooper