Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

Rhodes yey or ney

A few things dotted about saying a bid will go in for Jordan Rhodes - bad move or good move ?

No one could deny he''d be a good signing and a forward with a structural style of play who would work as a lynchpin in a system with pacy wingers (probably a 4-3-3)

The point is if Blackburn want £14m for him we''ll need to shop cleverer, so bad move in that sense.

Said to be on a mega bucks contract at Blackburn. Who is going to pay £14m and take on his wages?

Maybe there''s someone out there with more money than sense but otherwise I think a (much) lower fee and his wages off the books will still interest them.

He''d clearly be a decent signing but it all depends on the price - we surely can''t afford (or don''t want to be paying) anything like the £14m quoted, but that is obviously negotiable. For one reason or another PL sides haven''t taken a punt on him, but might come sniffing - for that reason i guess it might be good to get in early.

There''s a few things dotted about that Malky is our new manager, Hoolahan was joining Villa last January and the moon landings were fakedWhether they are worthy of debate is a matter of how gullible you are.

City1st, while some debates are more credible than others, Jordan Rhodes to Norwich is not exactly pie-in-the-sky stuff. No reason not to debate it. Hypothetical situations such as Hoolahan to Villa and Malky as our manager weren''t unrealistic scenarios, given that Lambert is a fan of Wes'' and he had allegedly spoken ill of the current setup at Carrow Road.

In the case of Malky as our potential manager, we had a managerial vacancy, Malky is a successful manager at the level we are soon to be competing in and also an ex-player at the Club who would garner great initial PR.

By all means criticise the debate of ludicrous rumours, but loosen your great Iron Fist over the rest of the forum will you? It''s bloody tedious.

I would absolutely love Rhodes here, but sadly I just can''t see us matching the asking price, and him wanting a sideways step when i''m sure one or two lower end prem clubs would be in for him.

i''ve got my fingers crossed, but i''m not holding my breath.

would we pay £10million? He''s proven at this level and is just what we want. I''m not sure what wages he is on but I guess it could be £20,000

Yea for me as he has been a proven goalscorer throughout his career. PL teams probably haven''t picked him up because of his lack of pace and all around game. I doubt he will come, but would like it if he did.

[quote user="swjf50"]would we pay £10million? He''s proven at this level and is just what we want. I''m not sure what wages he is on but I guess it could be £20,000[/quote]

Probably double that. And maybe a bit more.

RvW plus cash in exchange? JR would be an improvement but £14m would be ludicrous. It will be dangerous to go into the Champ without someone proven at that level.

He was scouted prior to last summer but didn''t pursue for whatever reason!Rhodes was said to be interested as he has family and friends from his Ipswich days.

Yes, to help us get out of the Championship, so long as the price is not too steep. If Blackburn are going to hold out, I would need to be convinced that Rhodes could be an effective Premiership striker. I think that he has played a few times for Scotland, but his Premiership potential is unknown to me.

I can''t imagine that we would be interested at the prices quoted. I have not see much of him either - what "sort" of striker is he - my understanding is that is neither particularly quick nor a strong "target man type" of player. What sort of formation would suit him and what we he need alongside him. I know RvW had a difficult season last year, but is Rhodes definitely a better option?

The days of £5+ million transfers is long over unless we return to the Prem.A bid for Rhodes at some of the fee''s quoted here is simply laughable.

Bet 1p5wich regret letting Roy Keane sell him for £350K to Huddersfield  back in 2009 with only a rumoured 10% sell on clause when he was sold on 3 years later to Blackburn for £8 million.As to yey or ney, it depends on the price.

[quote user="City1st"]There''s a few things dotted about that Malky is our new manager, Hoolahan was joining Villa last January and the moon landings were fakedWhether they are worthy of debate is a matter of how gullible you are.

[/quote]Well the first two didn''t happen.As to the third that definitely didn''t happen ''cos the '' Sunday Sport '' had that exclusive about the WW2 bomber didn''t they ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]As to the third that definitely didn''t happen ''cos the '' Sunday Sport '' had that exclusive about the WW2 bomber didn''t they ?[/quote]You mean.........that wasn''t true Smithy? [:''(]

14mil????Has the world (not to mention this forum) gone f**king bonkers????In what world is Rhodes worth anywhere near that amount based on good form at CCC level???Even proven internationals like Hernandez and Giroud went for far less than that!If Blackburn want to make their money back then it''s a maybe, but certainly not on 40k or more a week!

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]I''ve just come back from there and it was lovely, so it''s a definite yes for me.[/quote]

And we''ve just booked tonight PC. Looks great!

Also why is there not the massive ex-Binner stuff going on with this bloke, as there has been with Joe Royle, who has far more City connections than Rhodes?