Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Lewis Grabben

Sky reckon we are after him...

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/11743/9337491/transfer-news-norwich-make-move-for-bournemouths-lewis-grabban

Yup, he''s got a nice turn of pace and can play wing as well as attack.It does make me wonder if we are going to see some line ups a bit like we saw in the FA Youth Cup run.A solid target man with two pacey and flexible (direct and crossing) wingers in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation.Tettey and Johnson with Snodgrass or Howson as the central playmaker with Redmond and E.Bennett wide to give us pace with someone like Rhodes up front.Grabban could play in the wide positions or more centrally perhaps.If anyone knows, and has contacts in the lower leagues, it will be Adams and Royale. To me Grabban represents a good risk, 26 so just hitting his peak.

Erm, woops! Mind you, I am intrigued as to how this will effect the play on the pitch. And due to all of the old players involved (well ok, only 3) there is an element of nostalgic cheese involved in this!

Just made me think of Pulp Fiction!

Glad to hear he has pace, thought we really lacked someone with that upfront last season.

errrr......................... it''s skyremember all the old guff they put up last summer, and the one beforeMalky was as good as our new manager, Hoolahan was about to join Villaconsistently innaccurate

or merely an agent touting his player, and looking around at ''likely suspects''City fit that bill, lack of goals, plenty of money etcand sky fit that bill as being willing to put up anything simply to attract the maximim number of hits on it''s sitein the sure knowledge that it''s ''readers'' aren''t to bothered about accuracy or reliability, but are after something to keep them involved in football, so to speaka sort of fantasy football

Oooh I like that TTCANARY!Reports today linked Norwich City FC with a Surman move for Bournemouth striker Grabban.Eddie Howe has responded to these reports saying that he will do wart he can to Ward off any approaches from interested parties.It is rumoured that an official from Norwich City FC has been informed the club are so keen on the player that he is to Camp outside their training ground until a deal is concluded.Norwich manager Neil Adams has informed close friends that Grabban would be the ''Cherry on the cake'' for the side he is trying to build.

We need pace in the Striking department with or without Rhodes just to have it as part of the mix.

I think this lad will be a good signing.

Cardiff already have bid the release clause and we will nip in there and offer them Surman and try and head it off i guess

over 20 goals last season and hardworking powerful with pace.... whats not to like compared with what we have?

He is still relatively young, and not yet quite at his peak, so he could get better. He had a very good season last season, with 22 goals, we should be able to look at that again.

This depends on Adams and Co providing a midfield which can deliver chances - not always the case over the past two seasons.

If £3m seems a little steep, perhaps we could knock it down to nearer £2m if we include Surman in the deal. We didn''t have the services of Surman last season, so in a sense we would not miss him. He seems quite keen on the move, having quite a long history of Bournemouth..

I agree with the need for more pace up front, and the ability to play wide as well would be useful. Chicken may well be right about the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation being likely next season.

[quote user="Salopian"]...... He had a very good season last season, with 22 goals, we should be able to look at that again.

This depends on Adams and Co providing a midfield which can deliver chances - not always the case over the past two seasons. .....[/quote]Exactly. A certain RVW was banging them in for his previous employers until he came here.If we go for it we''ve got to be prepared to pay a decent price and not risk losing him if we start haggling too hard. 

£3m sounds hefty for a striker only 6'' tall - at that height he''s not much bigger than many we already have like Anthony Pilkington. Surely we need a 6''4" battering ram with skill?

I would of course lower my criteria for a Grant Holt/Jordan Rhodes character!