Sign in to follow this  
barclay_boy111

It's all starting to get a bit silly

Is it just me? Or is this love of bringin back former players and even a former scummer getting all a bit silly now?

We are becoming a laughing stock of he championship with these appointments and it''s going to all end up in tears.

In business it should always be ran with your head not your heart, every single appointment so far had been made with delia & MWJ''s heart and not a footballing head.

Oh.....

I thought the title was about the ridiculous negativity on this board....

what is silly is you resurrecting some long forgotten login to have a pop at Norwich Cityas to us becoming a laughing stock of the championship that is just wishful thinking on your part, bin boybut well done for keeping that password all these years

Agreed, so Nutty just because Royle won POTS that makes his appointment OK?

I would love to say otherwise but with this board in charge there''s no way we will get back up straight away!

[quote user="City1st"]what is silly is you resurrecting some long forgotten login to have a pop at Norwich Cityas to us becoming a laughing stock of the championship that is just wishful thinking on your part, bin boybut well done for keeping that password all these years

[/quote]

Knob!

Monty, we''ve appointed Neil Adams - the person who didn''t win a game due to the way he set the team up (picked up 1 point). We''ve just got relegated and have decided ex player, ginger and manager of falkirk (scottish championship). We''ve appointed Joe Royle who''s almost dead, but likely to be on a bit to be a ''consultant'' to consult Neil Adams on how to run the first team, despite being a sh1t manager.

It''s like we''ve though, ''actually no, we quite like it in the championship.''

Bl00dy useless. And thats goodnight from me as I can see a few people getting annoyed by my...lack of blind faith

[quote user="Ron Manager"][quote user="City1st"]what is silly is you resurrecting some long forgotten login to have a pop at Norwich Cityas to us becoming a laughing stock of the championship that is just wishful thinking on your part, bin boybut well done for keeping that password all these years

[/quote]

Knob![/quote]not lost my touchup they come !

Don''t know what Royles position is but I don''t see how having someone with his qualities can be a negative. What are the negatives for Royle? And is Holt and Robson an upgrade on calderwood and Trollope or not?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Don''t know what Royles position is but I don''t see how having someone with his qualities can be a negative. What are the negatives for Royle? And is Holt and Robson an upgrade on calderwood and Trollope or not?[/quote]same old trolls attacking the cluband it matters little what the club does, out they crawluntil, like Ron, they change name and start all over againstill, poorman road can''t be much fun these days so venting your anger on your wealthy neighbours must serve as some respite

In answer to your question Nigel, no they are not an upgrade!

Whats the login name got to do with opinions on this subject?

Is it because there are clearly people who think these are good appointments, and those who think they aren''t?

Do you lot not think that this is Gunn, Butterworth and Crook all over again? I for one would love to be wrong but the comparisons are so similar it''s scary¡

Sorry to upset all you optimists but I really see us as average at best next season!

Muggins, city needs to try and blame it on something, canary coloured specs seem to affect rational thinking!

Always makes me smile when people say "we are the laughing stock of the championship", like other fans give a sh it.

Which ones like Gunn, which ones like crook and which like butterworth? I see it as more like stringer and Williams. What''s it about Joe Royle that reminds you of the others?

For gods sake are we not allowed to voice our displeasure of this board without being labeled as Binner''s or trolls?

City I may well call you a binner for supporting these appointments and thinking that we will do well!I would hazard a guess that I have supported this team for a lot longer than you have and have seen some strange decisions by the club but really this is as bad as Gunn et all!

I''m with Nutty on this. Have said from the start that this feels like Stringer to me rather than any others.

Of course, everyone is allowed an opinion, but just merely having one doesn''t make you automatically right.

You refered to it being more like stringer and Williams! A long time ago as you well know, a lot has changed in football since then. We can''t keep bringing up the past, Mike Walker was probably the best manger we ever had but do you think he''d do well now?

Keckers agreed, I don''t agree with all these appointments but in no way doesn''t make me a binner!

Citys1st may I congratulate you on describing yourself increadably well, if you actually take a look at my post history you will find I use this my one and only log in on a regular basis.

How''s about you take your head out of your bottom, take the yellow and green tinted glasses off and see what''s really going on.

Nobody said the same as, merely like. From the same stable. The same background or grounding.

Rather than pan the guys before they even have a single training session or any news comes out of contracts renewed / new signings / players moving on, maybe look to the positives of experience and philosophy. If you are going to call JR a failed manager, all you do is show your lack of knowledge.

And there is no reason why the Mike Walker of 22 years ago couldn''t be a success now. It''s largely man-management. That''s where Lambert excelled.

Any way I''ll try make my personal veiw a little clearer.

I feel this is all being done purely to keep the cost down rather than really taking this opportunity to build an experienced management structure and taking this promotion charge seriously,

I''m not against these other roles being introduced as long as they are all lookin for the same style of football I''m just not impressed with who they have brought in.

Like i said Football should be treated like a business these days and decisions should always be made with your head and not your heart. All these appointments have been made with the boards heart.