Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Jordan Rhodes

[quote user="Wiz"]Not a chance in hell, next.[/quote]Correct again Wiz that is unless Blackburn sell for £500,000

Weren''t there various PL clubs in for him when he decided to go to Blackburn?

If so I don''t think us being in the Chumpionship will affect his decision.

I think a Rhodes, Hooper partnership would be great in the Championship. I know Hooper wasn''t a success last season but given some support and the right service, I think he could do well ie 12 or more goals this season. Whether he wants to stay is another matter. As for Rhodes, I think it will be a battle to land him, but I would be really happy if we sign him up. He''s a good target man and a prolific scorer aswell, ideal.

[quote user="swjf50"]I think a Rhodes, Hooper partnership would be great in the Championship. I know Hooper wasn''t a success last season but given some support and the right service, I think he could do well ie 12 or more goals this season. Whether he wants to stay is another matter. As for Rhodes, I think it will be a battle to land him, but I would be really happy if we sign him up. He''s a good target man and a prolific scorer aswell, ideal.[/quote]

I have a feeling a Rhodes/RvW partnership could be better. Hooper apparantly wants away. Likely RvW wants away too, but he is on a longer contract.

If given the choice, I think RvW would partner Rhodes very well, but having said that, Hooper would fit in alongside Rhodes well too.

It''s just that I desperately want to see RvW come good so we can recoup some of the outlay.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Blackburn want £14 million.[/quote]

WTF   [8-|]

Correct me if I''m wrong..

1. Didn''t Hooper score 20+ goals with Scunthorpe in the Championship, and 30+ with Celtic in the SPL..

And we''re now in the Championship, so surely we should keep Hooper (and Becchio for the same reason) as he''s a proven Championship level goal scorer?

2. Aren''t Watford bankrolled by a wealthy italian businessman, and Deeney is contracted till 2016 - so would they have to accept £3m for Deeney? Surely they''d say more like £7m?

3. Blackburn must be low on money now, and Rhodes'' wages must be high. I''d say they''ll have to take less than the £8m they paid for him now, as their gamble hasn''t paid out. But would he want another season in the Championship? If his price is lower than £8m now, the Burnleys and Sunderlands will come knocking and snaffle him up, if we make a bid?

[quote user="MancCanary"]Correct me if I''m wrong..

1. Didn''t Hooper score 20+ goals with Scunthorpe in the Championship, and 30+ with Celtic in the SPL..

And we''re now in the Championship, so surely we should keep Hooper (and Becchio for the same reason) as he''s a proven Championship level goal scorer?

2. Aren''t Watford bankrolled by a wealthy italian businessman, and Deeney is contracted till 2016 - so would they have to accept £3m for Deeney? Surely they''d say more like £7m?

3. Blackburn must be low on money now, and Rhodes'' wages must be high. I''d say they''ll have to take less than the £8m they paid for him now, as their gamble hasn''t paid out. But would he want another season in the Championship? If his price is lower than £8m now, the Burnleys and Sunderlands will come knocking and snaffle him up, if we make a bid?[/quote]

On 1 you are wrong. He scored 19 at Scunthorpe in the Championship. And he scored 20, 24, and 19. Never 30 at Celtic.

A front line of Rhodes and Hooper would be formidable, it would be a very clear message of intent.

I can''t see RVW being here one way or another next season.

[quote user="jaemae"][quote user="MancCanary"]Correct me if I''m wrong.. 1. Didn''t Hooper score 20+ goals with Scunthorpe in the Championship, and 30+ with Celtic in the SPL.. And we''re now in the Championship, so surely we should keep Hooper (and Becchio for the same reason) as he''s a proven Championship level goal scorer? 2. Aren''t Watford bankrolled by a wealthy italian businessman, and Deeney is contracted till 2016 - so would they have to accept £3m for Deeney? Surely they''d say more like £7m? 3. Blackburn must be low on money now, and Rhodes'' wages must be high. I''d say they''ll have to take less than the £8m they paid for him now, as their gamble hasn''t paid out. But would he want another season in the Championship? If his price is lower than £8m now, the Burnleys and Sunderlands will come knocking and snaffle him up, if we make a bid?

[/quote] On 1 you are wrong. He scored 19 at Scunthorpe in the Championship. And he scored 20, 24, and 19. Never 30 at Celtic.[/quote]

Pretty good record if you ask me.

How much would we need to offer to entice Deeney?

Ok jaemae thanks for the correction - but 19 / 20 - Thats rather here nor there.

The point is we have at least 2 proven championship level strikers so I don''t see why people want rid of either of them. Neither may be prem quality - that''s definitely undecided but could well be true - but now we''re in the championship they should both be convinced to stay.

With our poor track record in landing our targets none of our 3 senior strikers should be sold before we bring in a proven replacement.

I would also point out that were we being linked with any of them now as new signings for this season we would be very happy indeed.

Don''t let a poor season taint your view of players, especially now we''re a step down in class.

Yes, the 19 one was a bit dickish.

Maybe he''d come through at this level, I doubt it though. 1 season when his team was constantly chasing goals and barely surviving doesn''t give me hope.

jaemae - surely scoring 19 goals in a poor team would make you a better striker than one who scores 19 in the best team in the league?

So are you saying Hooper''s shit because he scored lots for Celtic but it was too easy as Celtic were the best team... AND he''s shit because he scored lots for Scunthorpe who were chasing goals because they were the shittest team in the league?

I''d say scoring lots of goals for both the best team in a league, and for the worst team in a league almost definitely makes him a good striker.

Also, note that he was not alone in the under-performing strikers club at Norwich - RVW, Becchio, Morison, Holt... they all suddenly became "shit" strikers once they played for Hughton..

Is that a coincidence, or do you think it might''ve been something to do with Hughton?

[quote user="MancCanary"]jaemae - surely scoring 19 goals in a poor team would make you a better striker than one who scores 19 in the best team in the league?

So are you saying Hooper''s shit because he scored lots for Celtic but it was too easy as Celtic were the best team... AND he''s shit because he scored lots for Scunthorpe who were chasing goals because they were the shittest team in the league?

I''d say scoring lots of goals for both the best team in a league, and for the worst team in a league almost definitely makes him a good striker.

Also, note that he was not alone in the under-performing strikers club at Norwich - RVW, Becchio, Morison, Holt... they all suddenly became "shit" strikers once they played for Hughton..

Is that a coincidence, or do you think it might''ve been something to do with Hughton?[/quote]

I''m not going to talk about Scotland, it''s not even Championship level. Kris Boyd scored for fun in Scotland and has sucked everywhere else he was (actually scored more than Hooper). Hooper had ONE GOOD YEAR, that I doubt he could match again.

I''ve never said RvW was any better (he does different things on the field and at least he makes runs and moves and plays with effort), both should go. I don''t know what people''s fascination with Becchio is, he''s not up to this level. There''s a reason he didn''t play much in the PL and it wasn''t just the coach. Saw him roughly 15 times with Leeds, good Championship player even there he wasn''t a goal machine.

Chris Hughton didn''t miss or flub numerous chance after chance in front of net, and also wasn''t the person who didn''t make runs or hold up the ball well at all. So no, that wasn''t why Hooper and other strikers didn''t perform. Could there confidence have been shot, sure. Could the tactics have played a part in disgusting football that wasn''t strong in attack? sure. Hughton didn''t blow chances the strikers had.

I''d have no problem with both of the main strikers leaving.

Jaemae2 wrote:-   I''d have no problem with both of the main strikers leaving.

All i can say to that is, thank god you dont have a say in the matter !!!!

[quote user="MancCanary"]jaemae - surely scoring 19 goals in a poor team would make you a better striker than one who scores 19 in the best team in the league?

Is that a coincidence, or do you think it might''ve been something to do with Hughton?[/quote]Exactly.Scunny were a much poorer team than Norwich are likely to be next year and Hooper still managed to score almost 20 goals that season. Celtic might only be at a good Championship/ lower Premier level playing against mainly woeful opposition but Hooper still managed to score regularly in the Champions League.I hope he stays.

Jaemae, have to disagree about Becchio, his record at Leeds is good, twice scoring 20 goals in the championship season, most recently 20 goals in 31 appearances before joining us.

I would force him to stay, give him some game time and he will turn around to the idea of staying.

With Hooper and Becchio we have guaranteed goals next season, add another and we are laughing.

RVW will not be here next season, would bet my life on that.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Jaemae, have to disagree about Becchio, his record at Leeds is good, twice scoring 20 goals in the championship season, most recently 20 goals in 31 appearances before joining us.

I would force him to stay, give him some game time and he will turn around to the idea of staying.

With Hooper and Becchio we have guaranteed goals next season, add another and we are laughing.

RVW will not be here next season, would bet my life on that.[/quote]

I''m fine with Becchio in the Championship. I''d like him to stay. I''m not sold on Hooper scoring goals in the Championship. I''d prefer him not to be here or failing at another Championship ( I don''t think a Prem club would be dumb enough to offer him, maybe QPR would, but they have no reason to (Austin is better) and I''ll laugh if CP do)) club.

So you are quite happy to keep a player that hasn''t featured in a poor scoring City team?!

Tbh I would like S Thomas to be coming out and saying where . He heard that we are putting a bid in for him, I am sure this cannot be true as he would surely leave himself to be criticized if he has leaked something.

I''m sorry jaemae, I must have missed your tenure as England manager.

Back on topic and to echo what many have said already, I''d take Rhodes but only at the right price. No sense in spending the vast majority of our transfer funds on one player, as I feel we have some strengthening to do elsewhere as well.

[quote user="Herman "]So you are quite happy to keep a player that hasn''t featured in a poor scoring City team?![/quote]

I didn''t say "quite happy", I already also said I don''t think he''s a good goal scorer. He''s cheaper than Hooper, and has shown for more than 1 year he can score 12-16 goals in the Championship. I don''t think that''s a great return, but I''d take over Hooper who is garbage.

[quote user="jaemae2"]Yes, the 19 one was a bit dickish.

Maybe he''d come through at this level, I doubt it though. 1 season when his team was constantly chasing goals and barely surviving doesn''t give me hope.[/quote]

Once again failing to see it was the whole team who did not create enough chances thus was not just Hooper''s fault.

He has scored goals at this level before!

Go troll elsewhere you immature little boy!

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="jaemae2"]Yes, the 19 one was a bit dickish.

Maybe he''d come through at this level, I doubt it though. 1 season when his team was constantly chasing goals and barely surviving doesn''t give me hope.[/quote]

Once again failing to see it was the whole team who did not create enough chances thus was not just Hooper''s fault.

Go troll elsewhere you immature little boy![/quote]

1 season is really quite a proven track record. You are hilariously mentally challenged.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="lharman7"][quote user="jaemae2"]Yes, the 19 one was a bit dickish.

Go troll elsewhere you immature little boy![/quote]

1 season is really quite a proven track record. You are hilariously mentally challenged.[/quote]

You have already proven time and time again with you''re shockingly bad judgement of players that you are the mentally challenged one little boy.

You also fail to see that you are judging Hooper solely on one season too!

Just think about that for a while.

Idiot!