Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Jordan Rhodes

That''s the first piece of good news for weeks. Unfortunately, looks like Hooper is heading back to the PL, understandable given how he was considered as second fiddle under Hughton. Now to offload RvW for another first choice striker to play alongside Rhodes, hopefully.

Yep, and it looks like Hooper has told people he wants to go. Which is probably news that will never be topped for me the rest of the year. Combined with putting a bid in for Rhodes who is 125x the player Hooper is in all aspects of the game, things are looking up....

[quote user="Highland Canary"]That''s the first piece of good news for weeks. Unfortunately, looks like Hooper is heading back to the PL, understandable given how he was considered as second fiddle under Hughton. Now to offload RvW for another first choice striker to play alongside Rhodes, hopefully.[/quote]

He started 22 games, that''s 8 more than any other striker. He wasn''t 2nd fiddle moron.

I don''t really into this whole twitter thing. Is he reliable at all?If so then I take back some of what I''ve said about Rhodes in other threads. It would be a fantastic signal of intent.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Joe Royle blogged about Jordan Rhodes and how good he is, Blackburn need to sell. 2 + 2...

Can''t see Rhodes joining another Championship club, there will be plenty of Premier League clubs in the bidding.[/quote]

Yep, and I doubt Hooper will go to a PL team. If anyone is stupid enough to do so they''ll be in the Championship next year.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Hooper has said he wants out according to the Daily Mail QPR and Villa interested.[/quote]

I''m willing to bet neither of those teams, or any PL teams put a bid in. Let him F off to Celtic or fail at another championship club rather than here.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Hooper has said he wants out according to the Daily Mail QPR and Villa interested.[/quote]

I''m willing to bet neither of those teams, or any PL teams put a bid in. Let him F off to Celtic or fail at another championship club rather than here.[/quote] Very good striker playing last season in a pathetic team , to be honest if given the choice i would take Hooper over Rhodes .

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Hooper has said he wants out according to the Daily Mail QPR and Villa interested.[/quote]

I''m willing to bet neither of those teams, or any PL teams put a bid in. Let him F off to Celtic or fail at another championship club rather than here.[/quote] Very good striker playing last season in a pathetic team , to be honest if given the choice i would take Hooper over Rhodes .[/quote]

Fair enough. Completely disagree he''s a "very good " striker in any sense of those words. He scored 3 goals from run of play in 32 games (1 a complete fluke due to goalie error) and he missed 95% of every chance he had when he received "service" . Was way over his head.

Rhodes has limitations, I''ve watched him plenty with Huddersfield and Blackburn (yes, I know, I know I must be a fan of those teams cuz who watches more than just Norwich!). His work ethic is fairly similar to Hoopers, but he''s 50x stronger, though not having much speed he''s quicker than Hooper, and is a better passer. Does nothing to pressure on D like hooper, but he''s also a much better finisher. Also he has more than 1 year of 20 goals int he Championship and his teams play better when he''s on them where that isn''t he case with Hooper.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Hooper has said he wants out according to the Daily Mail QPR and Villa interested.[/quote]

I''m willing to bet neither of those teams, or any PL teams put a bid in. Let him F off to Celtic or fail at another championship club rather than here.[/quote] Very good striker playing last season in a pathetic team , to be honest if given the choice i would take Hooper over Rhodes .[/quote]

Fair enough. Completely disagree he''s a "very good " striker in any sense of those words. He scored 3 goals from run of play in 32 games (1 a complete fluke due to goalie error) and he missed 95% of every chance he had when he received "service" . Was way over his head.

Rhodes has limitations, I''ve watched him plenty with Huddersfield and Blackburn (yes, I know, I know I must be a fan of those teams cuz who watches more than just Norwich!). His work ethic is fairly similar to Hoopers, but he''s 50x stronger, though not having much speed he''s quicker than Hooper, and is a better passer. Does nothing to pressure on D like hooper, but he''s also a much better finisher. Also he has more than 1 year of 20 goals int he Championship and his teams play better when he''s on them where that isn''t he case with Hooper.[/quote]Jordan Rhodes looks like a great target. Obviously Joe Royle''s Ipswich connection with him will be helpful in this! [:S] Ah what the hell, if it works. [:)]

What does it matter where they come from once they sign for ncfc what has gone before does not matter, get over it

i hate ipswich as much as anyone but i would have loved some ex ipswich managers at carrow road, alf ramsey and bobby robson for example

But lets just be glad we didnt sign the ex binner connor wickham last season, what a disater that would have been (although it might have kept us in the prembut still hes an ex binner)

not convinced rhodes would be better than hooper but regardless, we would have to offer silly money like 310mil for blackburn to accept and that wont happen, even if it did i think he would rather wait for a prem club.

i can understand and agree with going for strikers who have scored in the champinoship but think we are more liklely to get players like jermaine beckford (not saying id want him but can see that type as the sort we go for)

"He Scored Against The Scum, He Scored Another 1"

I really rate Troy Deeney, probably get him for around £3m.

£3m?! Not a chance, double that and we might get near to what he''d sell for. Rhodes would cost at least £8m too. If we can sell Hooper for £6m or £7m and get one of them in instead, i''d take that.

Perhaps Rhodes signing might tempt Olsson to stay a year longer as well?

Why would Rhodes cost more than Hooper?

Blackburn may have paid silly money for him previously but that gamble has not worked. They are presumably now post parachute payments and he will be on big wages. I suspect they probably need cash. He will not cost £8m.

I can''t see why he wouldn''t come here instead of a PL club. He chose Blackburn when he could have gone to a PL club (probably). He seems a sensible lad who wants his career to progress instead of being a well-paid bench warmer. We can offer him that progress, especially if we sell our promotion prospects to him.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Why would Rhodes cost more than Hooper?

Blackburn may have paid silly money for him previously but that gamble has not worked. They are presumably now post parachute payments and he will be on big wages. I suspect they probably need cash. He will not cost £8m.[/quote]

The gamble has not come off for sure as Blackburn have failed to get back up. Rhodes himself has done well.

I t is difficult to predict what route that club will now follow as their owners seem clueless but if they decide to sell then there will probably be lower PL clubs in for him which would elevate the price. If Rhodes decided he wanted away then surely it would only be to the top league for self-improvement and higher wages.

For this reason I think our chances of landing him are pretty remote. He would not want a drop in pay whilst remaining in the same league. It wouldn''t make sense, unless of course BFJ has got influence beyond believability.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]I can''t see why he wouldn''t come here instead of a PL club. He chose Blackburn when he could have gone to a PL club (probably). He seems a sensible lad who wants his career to progress instead of being a well-paid bench warmer. We can offer him that progress, especially if we sell our promotion prospects to him.[/quote]

He is a bit like Dean Ashton as in a premier league team will not risk near 10 million on him as he does not have the pace.

For that kind of money they would rather buy an international from another country like we did and failed with RVW.

However at this level he is actually worth more as he = goals.

Its the same scenario for Hooper if he was a cheap squad player I would have him in a lower premier league team...... however for a champs team he does look like a 20 goal a season striker.

[quote user="Norwich4life"]An ex binner manager now an ex binner player we are going to hell in a hand cart. What a joke out one great club is becoming.[/quote]Look back in time and you will find Royal was a player of the year for us and Rhodes dad played for us !