Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Targets are available.

Good positive news from the chairman.

Chairman Alan Bowkett added: “I don’t think we’re playing catch-up because our targets are available. We have the appropriate resources to attract people.”

You mean like they said they were happy with Hughton only to reveal afterwards they would have sacked him in January in ideal circumstances?

My faith in the Board has been rocked. Up to them to improve that- and I dont think I''m the only supporter who feels like that!

[quote] user="RvW''s 4 year contract"]You mean like they said they were happy with Hughton only to reveal afterwards they would have sacked him in January in ideal circumstances?

My faith in the Board has been rocked. Up to them to improve that- and I dont think I''m the only supporter who feels like that!
[/quote]

Well you can hang around in the past but the rest of us will be striding forward with confidence knowing that targets are available and we have the resources to get them.

As a certain Mr Chase once said..........Talk is cheap!

I think if he had the chance Chase would''ve introduced a talking charge, then it wouldn''t have been cheap.

The chairman has proved in the past that he''s trustworthy when speaking about transfer funds so we can confidently look forward to some exciting activities.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote] user="RvW''s 4 year contract"]You mean like they said they were happy with Hughton only to reveal afterwards they would have sacked him in January in ideal circumstances?

My faith in the Board has been rocked. Up to them to improve that- and I dont think I''m the only supporter who feels like that![/quote]

Well you can hang around in the past but the rest of us will be striding forward with confidence knowing that targets are available and we have the resources to get them.

[/quote]Hang around in the past? Some people aren''t happy with the Adams/Royle/Holt/Robson appointments (rightly or wrongly).It''s hardly the past when it''s happening right now, just seems like another little old Narwich decision.I hope we win the league by a massive margin next year but as I''ve said, the Board HAS made mistakes (they''ve admitted it!) and it''s up to them to rectify that.

Words are wind.    

We will know the real worth of the club (board and management team) come mid august when the shape of squad following the movers and shakers are known.

[quote] user="RvW''s 4 year contract"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hang around in the past? Some people aren''t happy with the Adams/Royle/Holt/Robson appointments (rightly or wrongly).

It''s hardly the past when it''s happening right now, just seems like another little old Narwich decision.

I hope we win the league by a massive margin next year but as I''ve said, the Board HAS made mistakes (they''ve admitted it!) and it''s up to them to rectify that.
[/quote]

As the Chairman has said, what''s happening now is that targets have been identified and funds have been allocated, you''ve got to be happy with that.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Words are wind.    

We will know the real worth of the club (board and management team) come mid august when the shape of squad following the movers and shakers are known.

[/quote]

As I said the Chairman has proved trustworthy when talking about transfer funds  and today he''s further enhanced his reputation.

Positive times ahead.

I think that we do have exciting times ahead and its on the club to seize that opportunity. 

But what does todays statement really add?  What does our targets are available mean?   I am sure the list is quite extensive and so its nothing new,  and I had no illusions that we were going to stick with our existing squad,  we have parachute payments and we will use it,   I dont think we will necessarily use all of it and that is a good thing.   I just cant get excited (negatively or positively) by banal press statements like these.

I meant all the words on this thread as well as the chairmans comments;    I do think we will spend and that there is plenty of time.    I dont feel angst that we have not yet signed anyone, nor that we are going to hell in a hand cart under the clubs board and management,   but nor does the bew management team inspire me.

I think we have a strong squad and the board have chosen their management team.    Come mid august I will have my first true sense of the cluibs direct and whether I have been remiss in not being excited by the well structured management team.   Until then word remain ...

I think the statement was no more than the pre cursor to the Grabban signing.

If we analyze every single thing that is said or released from CR in the close season then we would have more plots than 9/11!

I think you should give them credit, when it comes to transfer funds they walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

I think you should give them credit, when it comes to transfer funds they walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

[/quote]

Credit to them for today. They''ve certainly backed Neil on this one!

[quote] user="RvW''s 4 year contract"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Credit to them for today. They''ve certainly backed Neil on this one!
[/quote]

Only for today? Will you only give them credit on days when we buy a player?

Surely you must recognise the ambition in the chairmans words and the clubs actions.

So you''re not completely anti then, and I did tell you earlier not to dwell in the past, you forgotten that a bit too quickly.

Don''t forget the Chairmans words are about the future, even if you have been upset about the past and are unsure about the present it''s the future that''s important.

I''m not anti the Board per se as I can recognise they''ve done a lot of good for us, met all of them a few times as well and they''re very nice people (although so was HOOTUN and that didnt do him any favours did it?!).

I think once we get into next season properly we''ll be able to put last season behind us.

OTBC

With each post you get a little bit more positive, I think I''m having a good influence on you, pretty soon you could be smiling, maybe you might even bring forward that last optimistic bit forward to pre-season.