Given that the Bournemouth manager said that we had broken their transfer out record with Grabban, I would be very surprised if we sold Surman.

I think that he is the equal of Wes in subtle touches, something the midfield lacked for long periods last year, and he is very mobile and covers great distances. He is slight in build, but he makes up for it in his abilities.

I hope he stays. We rightly blamed the strikers last season, but I think that our midfield needed quality and accuracy, and Surman supplies that.

I think we did miss him last season,  when we had too few options in cm to cover the injuries.  Great engine,   good left foot,  scores and passes - only downside is pace is missing,  but he did well for us in the prem so should be able to do so in the right formation in the champs too. 

Perm any three cm from fer, tettey, howson, Wes and surman and you have a winning formula,   with BJ as high energy low attrition and ball retention cover and our cm is sorted.   If Fer and wes go replace them and its still looking solid there.